• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

UnderStone Quest-ions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane states

Reaction score
Yes, its the name of the quest where the factory owner asks you to find the source of the mysterious voice which leads you to understone.

The main quest is called " The Voice" and it isnt bad just a bit short is all. I just dont have any shops in Understone as where everybody has been talking about that they do

iamorion

Reaction score
One of the really bad things about Understone is you cant access it from the Sanctuary. Which means if you want to repair the houses you bought you have to physically go back there and on top of that you cant fast travel there. I didn't find any shops so when people mention weapons and shops I'm not sure what they are talking about. Maybe I missed them but I looked for a while.

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
One of the really bad things about Understone is you cant access it from the Sanctuary. Which means if you want to repair the houses you bought you have to physically go back there and on top of that you cant fast travel there. I didn't find any shops so when people mention weapons and shops I'm not sure what they are talking about. Maybe I missed them but I looked for a while.

Did you enslave the town? If you did they may not have opened the shops.

shane states

Reaction score
i was told that you had to wait for sometime for the shops to open as to the people had to adjust to the new surroundings basically

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
One of the really bad things about Understone is you cant access it from the Sanctuary. Which means if you want to repair the houses you bought you have to physically go back there and on top of that you cant fast travel there.
Yes you can. No you don't. Understone doesn't have a separate map icon but it is there, it's on the left of the bowerstone industrial map

Khalin

Reaction score
I got 610 in the Mercenary shooting range after about 3 tries. I didn't know you got points for shooting crows and stuff though... I'm going to go back tonight and see if I can get a higher score. I'm a little disappointed that there aren't more prizes available for getting higher scores though.

Edit 1: I did The Wheel of Misfortune in the expansion pack finally. It was pretty cool I suppose, but it lacks challenge for a fully developed character. I completed it without getting hit my first time and got a score of 1,404,685.

fable-3-4.jpg

Reaver's score in that game is 90,000... so I figure that they expected The Wheel of Misfortune to be a lot harder than it actually is. They should have created more powerful monsters for this game, as they all get too easy to defeat once you get upgrades 4-5 on magic, ranged or melee.

Edit 2: Alright, I tried the Mercenary Shooting range a few more times. I managed to get 635 but I can't seem to get any higher than that... looks like that's about as high as I can go.

fable-3-5.jpg

I imagine that a true pro might be able to get 650-700, but that would require very high reflexes and precision cursor positioning. I might keep practicing more to see if I can get a score like that.

shane states

Reaction score
Yes you can. No you don't. Understone doesn't have a separate map icon but it is there, it's on the left of the bowerstone industrial map

You can repair your houses from the map insert from Bowerstone Industrial, but you cannot fast travel there. If you try to when you have the magnifying glass over it it asks if you wanna fast travel to Bowerstone Industrial is all...

Epiternal

Reaction score
You can repair your houses from the map insert from Bowerstone Industrial, but you cannot fast travel there. If you try to when you have the magnifying glass over it it asks if you wanna fast travel to Bowerstone Industrial is all...

Actually if you highlight one of the houses/shops first then you can actually fast travel there, same with any town really, if you highlight a specific house/shop it will take you to the nearest location AND the gold trail will lead you there, it's not one of those things the game admits openly so I don't know if alot of people are aware of it.

shane states

Reaction score
see I tried that last night just to help with this post and it wouldnt let me so I just fast traveled to Bowerstone Old Quarter and went throguh the hole in the cliff

Epiternal

Reaction score
see I tried that last night just to help with this post and it wouldnt let me so I just fast traveled to Bowerstone Old Quarter and went throguh the hole in the cliff

That works too I suppose, but I never had any trouble wit the fast travel system, minus when travelling to Mourningwood, think they can put you any further from the bloody town? :p

shane states

Reaction score
I always just fast travel to the Demon Door, seems to get me a bit closer. Also when you fast travel to Aurora same thing

Khalin

Reaction score
Alrighty, I finally noticed that damn teddy bear in the shooting range that everyone's been talking about. It definitely helped a lot... and I managed to score high enough to finally break the 700 barrier.

fable-3-12.jpg

Definitely excited, I wonder if it's possible to get any higher. I'm gonna spend 30 minutes tomorrow and see if I can. Does anyone else love the shooting range a lot? I personally find it more fun than The Wheel of Misfortune.

iamorion

Reaction score

Not sure how you are seeing something to the left of Bowerstone Industrial because I'm not and no, I didn't enslave the town. Of course it could be a glitch I am experiencing...which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Not sure how you are seeing something to the left of Bowerstone Industrial because I'm not
mabye I didn't choose my words carefully enough it's not to the left of bower industrial, it's on the left in bower industrial (well actually it's sort of top left :p), and like the shops it might take a while for it to show up. But it is on the same mini map as bower industrial

Status
Not open for further replies.