• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Urgent! Dog mysteriously missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gamercfc

Urgent! Dog mysteriously missing!

I don't know what happened, but sumhow my dog has completely vanished from my game. at 1st i thot it woz just a weird glitch and i assumed he wud come back eventually, but now he's just gone completely, he duznt show on the map, and i have lost my 'dog' expressions too =[ please help becoz i realli need him for me to complete a mission becoz it freezes otherwise :(

if this is any help, im doing "The Ritual" quest, and it freezes wen i need to go to the last gate, and i need my dog to finish it :(

i will be sooo happy if anyone can help me with this :(

G

gamercfc

Re: Urgent! Dog mysteriously missing!

i dont know if this is any help either:

i didnt praise my dog often....
my alignement is evil

please dont say that if i dont praise my dog often, he'l just f**k off for good?? that sucks man if thats the case :(

A

Anthony

Where was the last point you saw him?

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Did you finish the game? and if so what ending did you choose?

Thr dog is most likely stuck running into a wall if it is a regular glitch. Also you may of wounded your dog and ran off, if thats happened it will eventually find you cause it loves you!

G

gamercfc

Anthony;227091 said:
Where was the last point you saw him?

as far as i remember it woz sumwer in Bowerstone, this was wen i woz beginning the mission that requires you to go to oakfield for the first time. half way there i wondered wer my dog had gone to, so i looked at the map, he woz somehow at the very top of the map, didnt understand that tho so i assumed he woz stuck and wud appear eventually, then after not paying much attention to it, i began The Ritual mission, where it involves me having to go through 3 gates in a cave and fighting Hollow Men during it, but before i woz about to go through the 3rd gate, my game froze. restarted the xbox, tried again.....froze a second time at the same spot. then my brother seen it and told me "wer's your dog? u need him for that part" as i just noticed, my dog woz not there still. i looked at the map, and he woznt anywhere atol. i press the RB button, and the Dog expressions arent there, i go into the logbook, selected Personality, and the Dog option isnt available either. its as if my dog has just buggered off completely :(

G

gamercfc

ali1238;227096 said:
Did you finish the game? and if so what ending did you choose?

Thr dog is most likely stuck running into a wall if it is a regular glitch. Also you may of wounded your dog and ran off, if thats happened it will eventually find you cause it loves you!

i havent finished the game yet. and i dont think i will either if i cant get my dog back

A

Anthony

Well Im afraid you may have to start the game again, atleast you werent extremly far into it.

G

gamercfc

a suppose so. a have to thank god me and my brother have seperate xboxs with fable 2 data lol i can give him all my stuff and he can give them back to me once i start the game again

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

i had the problem. i fixed it by doing the "heal expression". i hope that helps

S

Svi9n29

RELAX!!
Ur dog is probably wounded.. just press the heal button and enter another part of the world.. then the dog should appear somwhere nearby:p

Credits to Bizzzzzarresid ^^(I'm 29 btw;)

maddog

Reaction score

It happen to me on one quest idk what it called but it was a big battke with other three hero Hammer, Garth and Reaver so we all going fight the battle while me and Garth detroyed the big flying something that shoot laser to blow up so anyway when i finally detroyed it all over everyone enimies disappear even my dog i like wtf then i went to the group reaver, garth, hammer still here and doing nothing just standing and looking at me so i had to restart the game and finally my dog did not disappear.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Well it depends where you are in the game, i know that your doing the ritual quest but maybe it is a glitch. I mean has it said that your dog has been taken away from you?

Meh i dont think anyone would know what to do about this problem of yours cause well I dont think most of us would of encountered something like this before in the game, apart from if you didnt choose the option at the spire so you could get your dog back, after it died when lucien shoot it?

coding_bro

Coding Guru
Reaction score

obvious attention seeker is obvious. If you can't spell "was" or "when" correctly, then you definitely wouldn't spell "personality" or "available" correctly.

Besides, unless you selected the option that got rid of your dog at the end, there wouldn't be a glitch that completely annihilated your dog personality tricks, stats, etc.

Not to mention none of us have even heard of it..

*However I suppose there could be a 1 in a million+ chance that you found a single significant glitch that millions of other gamers including testers couldn't find.

(un)Godly Hiroku

Fable 2 Genius
Reaction score

wow dude chill out
and there couldnt be a 1 in mil+ chance for this to happen becuz it has happened to other people
and just cuz it hasnt happened to you doesnt mean yu can just say it happens to no one
and also not even close to a million people have played fable
so you just f**king fail epicly you f**king douche bag

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Ffs. Noone noticed that this thread is from 10-29-2008.

Please. CHECK THE DATE!

F

foreverinsomniac

Im not sure whats happened, but i went swimming in bloodstone (think i got the right place) and he got stuck by a ship. i reall dont know what heppened, but whevever he tried swimming at all he was just stuck on the spot :S

so im realy sorry, but somethign like that may have happened to you, and it'll take an awful lot of looking to find hime again. you could just go to every place possible and check your map

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^Read the post before yours! Check the date!

M

Mythal

This problem hit me tonight when I used the dive pool to the Gargoyle Trove. It left me with an invisible dog. He was was still fighting, still digging and I could still hear his collar clinking, but there was no sign of him :ninja:

I found that using a potion to change the dog's form did the trick!

Buy one from Murgo in Bowerstone Market for around 8000 and hopefully it'll fix your problems too :)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I'm sorry, but honestly, how stupid can you get? There have been two instances of necroposting here before yours, and yet you still decide to post? Posting in old threads is against the rules. If you have a question, start a new thread if you can't find an active one that has to do with your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.