• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VGA 2012 Winners

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
b16cbbf96e2b5857a3f4b1db7a16839c.jpg
  • Game of the Year - The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
  • Studio of the Year - Telltale Games
  • Best Xbox 360 Game - Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)
  • Best PS3 Game - Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)
  • Best Wii / Wii-U Game - New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
  • Best PC Game - XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games/Firaxis Games)
  • Best Handheld / Mobile Game -Sound Shapes (Sony Computer Entertainment/Queasy Games)
  • Best Shooter - Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)
  • Best Action Adventure Game - Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks/Arkane Studios)
  • Best RPG - Mass Effect 3 (Electronic Arts/BioWare)
  • Best Multi-Player Game - Borderlands 2 (2K Games/Gearbox Software)
  • Best Individual Sports Game - SSX (Electronic Arts/EA Canada)
  • Best Team Sports Game - NBA 2K13 (2K Sports/Visual Concepts)
  • Best Driving Game - Need For Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts/Criterion Games)
  • Best Fighting Game - Persona 4 Arena (Atlus/ARC System Works/Atlus)
  • Best Adapted Video Game - The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
  • Best Independent Game - Journey (thatgamecompany)
  • Best Graphics - Halo 4 (Microsoft Studios/343 Industries)
  • Best Song in a Game - "Cities" by Beck (Sound Shapes)
  • Best Original Score - Journey (Sony Computer Entertainment/thatgamecompany)
  • Best Performance By a Human Male - Dameon Clarke as Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
  • Best Performance By a Human Female - Melissa Hutchison as Clementine (The Walking Dead: The Game)
  • Best Downloadable Game - The Walking Dead: The Game (Telltale Games)
  • Best Social Game - You Don't Know Jack (Jellyvision Games)
  • Best DLC - Dawnguard – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Game Studios)
  • Most Anticipated Game - Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar Games)

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Usually never pay any attention to that show, is The Walking Dead game really that good?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Usually never pay any attention to that show, is The Walking Dead game really that good?
In the residentevilnews.com thread for potential GOTY, that Walking Dead game was everywhere. I had to google search to make sure there weren't two games with the same name.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

According to reviewers and gamers alike it is apparently damn good, most overlooked it as it was a download only game (retail package coming soon). Seems to have changed the views of the industry in regards to some things and I cant remember a time when a Downloadable game won GOTY etc.

I will get it after ive finished other games just to experience it, plus im a Walking Dead fan so seems to be a good fit. They have seemingly shown other companies how Episodic gaming should be done, im talking to you Valve. Doesnt simply follow the regular zombie game formula either which is refreshing in a market full of them the good ones really stand head & shoulders above the rest.

There is another coming too based on the Dixon brothers (voiced by the actors from the show) which is sounding good, seems companies are trying to steer away from bog standard zombie FPS games thankfully. New one is called Survival Instinct (developed by Terminal Reality) & is going to center around you simply surviving & not simply blasting countless zombies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Despite your opinion (as always) it managed to win "Game of the Year", "Best Adapted Video Game", "Best Downloadable Game" for 2012, Best Performance By a Human Female, while Dave Fennoy's role as Lee was nominated for Best Performance by a Human Male. Telltale Games was also won Studio of the Year. Plus won "Best Downloadable Game" and "Best Character Design" for Lee Everett at the 2012 Inside Gaming Awards. So couldnt have been too shabby for a download only game.

Ive not played it myself so I dont know if its my sort of thing (style/gameplay wise) but I will give it a go, even if I dont like it im impressed it has done so well & credit where credit is due for their achievements this year. Ive heards lots of good things about it from websites & fellow gamers so it must have done something right. Im happy for the developers & voice actors, episodic gaming being successful finally, source material im interested in doing well in game format & a developer doing something different in the crowded zombie genre.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My opinion was about "gamers and reviewers" not the game part.

Well besides Gamers & Reviewers they didnt bother to ask the wildlife what they thought of it. The only other opinion someone could get would be their own & someone listening to your own opinion would be the same as listening to another random person or reviewer to gain information on the game before purchase as its all just opinions.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
The Walking Dead really is that good. It's a point and click adventure with actual consequences to your actions and how to interact with characters is extremely important. You can make mistakes in episode 1 that direly effect what happens to everyone in episode 5. It's a very well thought out game that keeps you guessing and always on alert because, yes, zombies can kill you or anyone else near you.

And the game is actually canon to the show as the event of this game take place before the show begins.

So, yeah. You should get on that ****.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The Walking Dead really is that good. It's a point and click adventure with actual consequences to your actions and how to interact with characters is extremely important. You can make mistakes in episode 1 that direly effect what happens to everyone in episode 5. It's a very well thought out game that keeps you guessing and always on alert because, yes, zombies can kill you or anyone else near you.

And the game is actually canon to the show as the event of this game take place before the show begins.

So, yeah. You should get on that s***.

Old post but something I thought I would bring back up as I recently took your advice and downloaded the trial of episode 1 and instantly after I had played it I purchased the full episode one. Ive not really ventured into the point and click genre all that much before and wasnt sure at all what to expect. However it really is great, voice work is good, I like the choices, puzzles dont treat you like an idiot, its well written and having to pick options when on the clock does make you panic. All in all I shall be purchasing the other 4 episodes soon as I have some spare cash so thanks for the recommendation.