• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[VIDEO] Lionhead Video Diary 11 (Fable III Video Diary 2)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score
[VIDEO] Lionhead Video Diary 11 (Fable III Video Diary 2)!

For those that have Xbox Live its now available.

Lionhead said:
Before you embark on the action-packed adventure as a revolutionary to ruler in the upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive, “Fable III,” your friends at Lionhead Studios invite you in for a sneak peek at the new adventures that await in Albion. In the latest installment to the “Inside Lionhead” video documentary series, Peter Molyneux takes you behind the scenes to reveal the bold, action-oriented new world of “Fable III” and welcome the familiar voice of actor John Cleese into the story.

This new beginning in the “Fable” saga means an entirely revamped control scheme. The introduction of simple yet dynamic 3D maps and interface mean you’re always in the action, allowing you to elevate your game and stay immersed in the experience. Walk through your maps and interact seamlessly with your inventory in an easy and intuitive manner – even the simplest tasks take on extraordinary lives of their own.

Full of humor and heart, the team at Lionhead Studios is revered for their masterful blending of wit, drama and action. What better way to take things to the next level than to enlist one of the most recognizable personalities in comedy – John Cleese. The critically-acclaimed actor, of “Monty Python” fame, injects a new dimension of comic genius into the “Fable III” gameplay as the faithful butler, Jasper. Whether he’s assisting you in matters of the court, the latest trends in fashion or making critical decisions that impact the world around you, you can always count on Jasper to provide a sympathetic ear, comforting advice or biting remarks.

For more details on “Fable III,” stay tuned for the next episode of the “Inside Lionhead” video documentary series.

Microsft Marketplace said:
This is the second in a series of behind-the-scenes video diaries for Fable III, the third installment to the award-winning series. This episode shows off new interface features and introduces John Cleese as your butler.

Hobbe Figurines at the start. Oh how i wish i had one.

Also I noticed the Knothole Island submarine at 1:29

When i close examined the 1:06 the areas i could read were:

• Bowestone Castle
  • Bowestone Market
  • Bowestone Tower
  • Driftwood
  • Misty Valley
  • Reaver's Camp
  • What I think is called Milly

Anvious

Reaction score
Re: [VIDEO] Lionhead Video Diary 11 (Fable III Video Diary 2)!

Thnx for the link +rep
And Reaver's camp ey... Interesting.. Wonder if that has anything to do with that Army poster then.
Also I only saw 4 clothing dolls... Please dont tell me we'll only have 4 different costumes to wear. Cause then it's almost the same amount you had in Fable 2:'(

hobbes_pwn

Reaction score

Anvious;386894 said:
Thnx for the link +rep
And Reaver's camp ey... Interesting.. Wonder if that has anything to do with that Army poster then.
Also I only saw 4 clothing dolls... Please dont tell me we'll only have 4 different costumes to wear. Cause then it's almost the same amount you had in Fable 2:'(

The thing that confuses me is that Reaver owns an industry, yet the title and poster suggest he is more of a military commander. I don't think so, since the John Cleese mentioned more than four items of cloathing.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

lol I loved john cleese, he was hilarious. This vid was awesome, I can't wait for this game.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Looks like there are a couple more snowy places. Me like, me like.

+rep

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

hobbes_pwn;386900 said:
The thing that confuses me is that Reaver owns an industry, yet the title and poster suggest he is more of a military commander. I don't think so, since the John Cleese mentioned more than four items of cloathing.

Did you ever think that Reaver simply supplies the army? The poster did seem to be showing off the gear a bit. I could be wrong though.

Reaver is insanely powerful, though. He could just be running a lot of things.

hobbes_pwn

Reaction score

Rat;387029 said:
Did you ever think that Reaver simply supplies the army? The poster did seem to be showing off the gear a bit. I could be wrong though.

Reaver is insanely powerful, though. He could just be running a lot of things.

It's just a strange concept for me, especially since Peter said a lot of characters were inspired by previous rulers. I imagine Reaver would be similar to the American Tycoons. Some of them had private bodyguards, but not a large enough one for a whole camp to be set up.

Evan52395;386996 said:
Looks like there are a couple more snowy places. Me like, me like.

+rep

Northern Wastes? I was disappointed in Fable II, in which Bowestone only snowed once, and that was as a kid

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score

Very good! What John Clesse(?) The butler said was funny

+rep Cant wait for it and keep up the good work

SORAYISS

Reaction score

Reavers gotta be supplying, makes perfect sense.

WilliamBlack

Reaction score

john cleese was soo funny... i cant wait for the game... i hope they put out a demo first tho...

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

I was hoping that as well. But they don't normally make demos for RPG type games.

I'm out, gnite everyone.

hobbes_pwn

Reaction score

WilliamBlack;387183 said:
john cleese was soo funny... i cant wait for the game... i hope they put out a demo first tho...

If they're going to make a demo it will be similar to Fable II Pub Games or Dead Rising: Case Zero. Where it is a short story on the same engine and world, and will feature exclusive award.

As for the Butler, i imagine he will play a similar role to Guild Master and Thersea.

I would rather the Butler speak often like the guild master than only speak a few times like Thersea,

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I saw a boat with what looked like with cannon or smokestacks highlighted gold.

I am now happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.