• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtree

Winner of Lil'Miss Zerg 2010
Reaction score
War

I know its possible to have war and lead battles in Fable 3. But so far the only country I know we will fight is Aurora... I also like the idea of being able to explore it, but I have to ask A) is there any chance of me being able to fight any other outside forces... (Although I will be happy with just this one if thats the case... :cool:) and B) When I beat them, do I get to do anything? Im talking about the difference of simply pulling or being given the choice to offically take over and being able to loot/pillage/burn/enslave. :D (I REALLY hope the guys at lionhead didnt forget about this!>.<) I dont want to just fight another country for a few battles! I want to conquer it!!!

If anyone knows where an article or video that addresses these questions (Mostly I want "B" to be answered) feel free to link. OR if anyone has any ideas of what you think or even hope might happen feel free to post too! ^_^

I hope someone else hasnt already started this topic..

Reaction score
Re: War

Though it isn't elaborated on the developer diaries talk about going to war in order to expand your empire so i'm sure that if you win a war against another country you will add it to albion and just decide what to do with the people in the other country on your own. I doubt that they will only have one country for you to fight (unless it is part of the main quest) because once you conquer them there will be no one else

Cain

Reaction score

Auroras a continent, not a country, meaning there will be more than one country, one which may be samarkand. Also it has been confirmed you will fight aurora in the second half of the game.
For your other questions, I would advise searching the forums and other games news sites to find out what you need.

Also, One word: Rebellions. Just because you have conquered a conutry, dosen't mean it will stop fighting.

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score

White Knight;411005 said:
Auroras a continent, not a country, meaning there will be more than one country, one which may be samarkand.

So what does that make Albion then? Is it a continent or one big country? Or is Albion a country alongside other countries on a continent without a name yet? o_O

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

The Midnight Avenger;411080 said:
So what does that make Albion then? Is it a continent or one big country? Or is Albion a country alongside other countries on a continent without a name yet? o_O

Ablion is a continent. all the places in it are countrys. Sometimes it takes 111 HOURS to get from places to place.

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score

Benjamin510;411082 said:
Ablion is a continent. all the places in it are countrys. Sometimes it takes 111 HOURS to get from places to place.

Is that so? Bowerstone being a country sounds pretty ridiculous to me. :p

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

I think of it like Australia.
In order words, not real.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

What is it good for!
(Sorry had to!)

Albion is based on England/Great Britain and trust me over the years we have had many civil wars, I.E between counties (for Americans think different states)
For example, The Wars of the Roses, Yorkshire (yeah!) V.S Lancaster (boo!) lasted over 30 years and was only resolved by a marriage between the two warring factors
So the wars they are talking about in Fable III could be Bowerstone vs. Bloodstone (my money's on Bloodstone!)

Reaction score

Yep definately based on Great Britain, the word 'Albion' itself is the Oldest known name for Great Britain. Also the accents are always British & a lot the scenery resembles that of Britain too.

Shadowtree

Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;411161 said:
Yep definately based on Great Britain, the word 'Albion' itself is the Oldest known name for Great Britain. Also the accents are always British & a lot the scenery resembles that of Britain too.
hmmmm, I knew it was based on Great Britian to an extent but I had no idea Albion was an actual name for it... Learn something new every day I guess...^_^

Since its based on Great Britian I suppose that means that any "country" (or area for those who find it a better term) will be absorbed into my empire.... techinically thats a little different than being actually in my country but with alot (maybe even more in some ways) of thr benefits...
Ive always wanted an empire! :D
But You know.... this kinda reminds me of how Reaver was dropped off in Samarkand. Considering what happen historically with Great Britian in Africa and India.. well lets just say that for all we know Reaver might have been the cause (or at least one of them) of Albion's industrial revolution.
How frickin SCARY is that idea!?o_O

noremac

Shadowfiend
Reaction score

Shadwotree;411166]hmmmm, I knew it was based on Great Britian to an extent but I had no idea Albion was an actual name for it... Learn something new every day I guess...^_^

the weather isnt entirely based on britan its usually sunny in albion

Shadowtree

Reaction score

noremac;411783 said:

I dont believe I said anything about the weather... :hmm:

Reaction score

Shadwotree;411804 said:
I dont believe I said anything about the weather... :hmm:

I think He was just pointing it out mate :)

Besides He does have a point, the weather is pretty sh**ty over here lol.

Cain

Reaction score

Shadwotree;411166 said:
hmmmm, I knew it was based on Great Britian to an extent but I had no idea Albion was an actual name for it... Learn something new every day I guess...^_^

Since its based on Great Britian I suppose that means that any "country" (or area for those who find it a better term) will be absorbed into my empire.... techinically thats a little different than being actually in my country but with alot (maybe even more in some ways) of thr benefits...
Ive always wanted an empire! :D
But You know.... this kinda reminds me of how Reaver was dropped off in Samarkand. Considering what happen historically with Great Britian in Africa and India.. well lets just say that for all we know Reaver might have been the cause (or at least one of them) of Albion's industrial revolution.
How frickin SCARY is that idea!?o_O

Not really as the industrial revolution was because of advances in science, paticurally the steam train, mines and factories. How does reaver going to samarkand mean hes causing albions industrial revolution? Theres a strong chance that he will open up trade links between aurora and albion for his own profit. However due to the fact that Thunder and Whisper had to stowaway on a ship to get to albion rather than pay for it and that Garth told Reaver that it was nothing like the indulgent, rich, exotic arabian stereotype, I assume that it won't contribute anything techonologically major(advancements in weapons maybe, but not much else). Trade with Aurora may mean some money added to ablions economy, but remember britain was pretty rich before the industrial revolution, the rising of science gave them a new source of money. Its likely the same thing may happen with Albion.

noremac;411783 said:

I think its based perfectly on britain. The south is bright and sunny(Brightwood and Bower Lake, Oakvale before it was destoryed), The south coast(Bloodstone) is probably windy, the mid-area(Rookridge and Oakfield) are wet and cold with harsh land. Oakfield would be like rookridge but isn't due to the golden oak, but if you let oakfield get destroyed or do it yourself, you notice it takes on a more rookridge appearance. The north(Hook coast where hammer goes, other areas to be seen in fable III) Are more mountainous and snowy and the west(Bandit Coast and Westcliffe) is based on the coast and cliffs and if we were there, would probably be windy and cold. These areas are based on England, Wales and Scotland. Yes Scotland may not be snow-laden, but its just so it looks nice.

This is my theory and opinion and this is based on what the areas are known for( The south is more sunny than it would be in the north or mid-area) and if you don't like it than you don't have to agree with it.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Benjamin510;411082 said:

WOW nearly 4 days? That's usually how long it takes me to travel from country to country on foot. They're not all countries. Bowerstone is not a country. Rookridge is not a country. Oakfield? Not a country

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413021 said:
WOW nearly 4 days? That's usually how long it takes me to travel from country to country on foot. They're not all countries. Bowerstone is not a country. Rookridge is not a country. Oakfield? Not a country

Probably he meant that all these zones are regions within Albion, 111 hours is a reasonable amount of time for traveling within regions of the same country/kingdom. Remember, we are talking about times where the horse was the fastest way possible to reach a place. Distances that take 30 minutes nowadays, could take really more back then.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

Benjamin510;411082 said:

Seems not

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Blestb;413023 said:
Seems not

I'm pretty sure he meant regions. There's no need to point out some small dictionary-sensitive problem in a post. We can understand what's he saying.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

DarkONI;413024 said:
I'm pretty sure he meant regions. There's no need to point out some small dictionary-sensitive problem in a post. We can understand what's he saying.

So you're saying he mixed regions up with countries? Considering the only evidence of what he meant is what he's written down, i would say not.

Also if he meant regions then his sentence would make no sense "Albion is a continent. All the places in it are regions".
If that were so it wouldn't be a continent. It would be a country. You know what a continent is don't you?

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

So this is victory. It feels good

Status
Not open for further replies.