• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon stand expression?

T

tony007

Weapon stand expression?

is there a moded expression that lets your hero puts his hands on a sword (or any other weapon) pommel and stand there? It just looks kind of cool. At the beginning after the Microsoft Games scene, ther hero's doing this pose in the "white space."

It looks like this:
GanondorfTP.jpg

I got Ganondorf, best i could find, others HOLD ON to the hilt, not PUT HIS/HER HANDS ON it.

hope there is such an expression.

T

tony007

Re: Weapon stand expression?

I searched all of the mods, only a few were expressions, and they're all puke and beg and expressions like that.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

There is no expression like this. You would have to custom make one including the weapon which is very hard.

T

tony007

lol, could this be considered a request?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Unfortunately it is far too complicated for me. A hand full of modders on FableTLCMod MIGHT be able to do it. But as far as I know it is quite impossible.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

tony007;98754 said:
I searched all of the mods, only a few were expressions, and they're all puke and beg and expressions like that.

Keshire, Oldboy and Marcopolo would be the guys to look to for that.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well, it would include creating a whole bunch of new animations. It would also have to create a whole new part of the files to include grabbing the weapon.

The expressions that MarcoPolo did were already existing animations, from when you throw up after drinking, and play dead is when you die...

C

corestrength420

tony007;98706 said:
is there a moded expression that lets your hero puts his hands on a sword (or any other weapon) pommel and stand there? It just looks kind of cool. At the beginning after the Microsoft Games scene, ther hero's doing this pose in the "white space."
hope there is such an expression.

Funny I've been looking for that expression myself, I want to use it when my hero boasts. A friend and I think it should be contained somewhere in the game, if/when I find it I'll post my findings. I wouldn't expect LH to go through the process of making the Anim, just for the splash screen, but who knows...?

<edit> I'm trying to use Mazes' expression from your final exam at the guild. He uses a staff, but he stands there during the intro/explanation with his hands on the staff in almost the same position you've pictured. I know there are staff animations, I just didn't checked them to see if the one I'm working on is one that's already been done.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

That's a good point. It is in the opening splash screen animation. :D

T

tony007

The fabletlcmod forum has a request section, but it's stupid. It said Requests...so we can "ignore"... what's the point of requesting if it's gonna be ignored anyway. I would waste my time. Unless this "so we can ignore..." stuff isn't true, i will post it, but i need confirmation.

H

HodgePodge

FableTLCMod.com is a technically based site. The entire point of it is for you to learn to mod. Not have others do it for you. When it comes to requests, modders there will not usually do it for you, or else you wont learn, and I think they're right to do so. They're happy to help teach you though, and if you post a question about this in the forums, I'm sure someone (probably Keshire/Bluetooth) will respond. Good luck. ;)

S

Silver

I guess really the only thing stopping you is the animation. If the animation already exists for the Hero in the CAppearanceDef than all you need to do is create a new expression/card and link it with the names.bin offset (I just open it in hex workshop and take the offset minus 20 bytes; this is of course the text name ex: CS_HOLD_SWORD) spawn card and you got it. (there are other methods I assume)

Now if the Hero doesn't have the animation link you need this Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Tools => Miscellaneous Applications CAppearanceDef application. Sadly I coded that to crack the file format and it really wasn't meant for public use. This is of course how the Staff animations were added. Anyway find the person/thing that has the animation and find their CAppearanceDef entry for that animation extract it. Open the Hero's and create new (if you do not create new the CRC is not sorted and will not work!) select whatever you dumped before. Create a new expression and grab the names bin offset from the put that in and you are done.

If you are really confused then I don't know what to tell you. Really when you trigger an expression it goes to names.bin grabs name/CRC trigger, scans CAppearanceDef for the CRC and then it launches the animation.

I don't really mess with Fable anymore, but you can look at the Bodyguard or Guards for that stance if the hero does not have it. (Swear I recall seeing it before)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Me too. I think I might have seen one of the guards do it before. Or maybe a bandit. I bet it's hidden away. :D

T

tony007

The guards and bandits cross their hands, not stab their swords on the ground and put their hands on it. btw, i am confused of the information you gave me silver, i am not a 1337 modder, i don't think i'll ever be because i suck at it. I haven't learned anything at school besides keyboarding, so that's why i need help.

I think the animation used when you stab an unconcious person on the ground would fit pretty well, but i wanted the hands to be on top of the hilt and the legs to be straight. If somebody would mod this piece, then you can make the expression. I can't do it myself, however, as explained at the top.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

The guard I'm talking about is the one during the beginning of the game, When you first go to bowerstone but My mind may be playing tricks on me.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well actually, if you take the stab animation, from when an enemy is dizzy on the ground you could prebably make that into an expression. That is what the Hero in the movie is doing.

T

tony007

No, that's the first part of the splash movie. I mean the part after the microsoft game thing. You gotta wait just a minute and you'll see what i mean.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

tony007;99506 said:
No, that's the first part of the splash movie. I mean the part after the microsoft game thing. You gotta wait just a minute and you'll see what i mean.

Lemme go look for you. ^_^ You mean that long intro?

Three

Rawr
Reaction score

I think he means the Lionhead logo where the guy comes and stabs the sword against the ground.. or does the "Weapon Stand" and the ground kind of... explodes into the Lionhead logo.