• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon texturing

A

Abel6669

Weapon texturing (Question 2)

OLD QUESTION
hi there everyone, just a quick one this time, im trying to make a new version of thunders weapon, ive got a new weapon entry all set up, but i want to re-texture the texture also, but i cant copy the existing one and save it under a new name, any suggestions?? By the way, im using Cbox.

thanks

**Edit** if i need to, i can use FE, i have that also

NEW QUESTION :p

right, ive made a copy of the mesh, made a copy of the texture, edited the copy of the texture but how do i get it so the texture i "made" is the one that appears on the sword??

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: Weapon texturing

Abel6669;305716 said:
but i cant copy the existing one and save it under a new name
Yes, yes you can.

I don't know how to do it in CBox, so Fable Explorer is the way to go.

1. Go to the OBJECT entry, OBJECT_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER_SWORD_V2 (or OBJECT_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER_SWORD, depending on which one you are using)
2. Rename it to whatever you want it to be (I recommend something like OBJECT_RIVAL_HERO_MODDED_THUNDERSWORD, but it is entirely up to you).
3. Click apply changes, close the window.
4. Press file / Make Fable Mod Package
5. Drag the thunders sword object entry into it. Click save, name the FMp whatever you wish.
6. Now go back to the object entry. Rename it BACK to OBJECT_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER_SWORD_V2 or OBJECT_RIVAL_HERO_THUNDER_SWORD, depending on which you used.
7. Load the FMP you made. Tadaa, you have an exact copy which is only different in name.

Now you are free to do whatever you wish with it.

EDIT: Wait... OH, a new TEXTURE entry. My mistake. But you can still use the same method as above.

1. Go to textures.big in Fable Explorer.
2. Click the + next to GBANK_MAIN_PC
3. Find the texture entry. This may take a while.
4. When you have found it, double click it.
5. Where it says the entry for it (You know, the texture name), rename it.
6. Save it into an FMP
7. Rename the texture entry back to it's original.
8. Load the fmp.