• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weird-Ass BBC Sherlock Holmes

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
So, my dad introduced me to this tonight. For those of you who don't know, MPT-- that'd be Maryland Public Television, and probably the rest of PBS, too-- likes to get a lot of British, specifically BBC shows. I don't know why. They just do.

So my dad was channel-surfing and stopped for an inordinate amount of time on MPT, on this show where a flamingly gay British man was doing something with a neon-pink suitcase whilst discussing a murder with his friend, also apparently flamingly gay, whom he was telling to text someone.

Initially, I was assuming that this was a murder-centric British version of that... Dharma and Greg(?) Show. Gay people doing funny things? I don't know, it went off the air and I never watched it anyway. Then I start to get suspicious and my dad tells me that it's Sherlock Holmes, that they made a new version. And so I watch some of it. And, honestly, it was pretty awesome.

But is it a bad thing that I find easily the most awesome part that they timed the remake very carefully so that Dr. Watson was still able to be fighting Afghans? (Or Pashtuns or whatever.) Awesome and mildly depressing, of course.

Anybody else seen this? I don't feel like Wikipedia-ing it, so, Brit-peoples, how old is this show? Obviously it came out since 2001. But aside from that.

Also, is it just me, or does Sherlock look disturbingly like a combination of Neil Gaiman and one of those Jonas Brothers kids?

Marcus

Reaction score
LMFAO! they have only made 3 eps from what i know of and yeh he gives of the flaming homosexual vibe...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Whaaaat? Only three episodes? That makes me sad.

Why so few?

Also, I found it odd the way that they repeatedly referred to searching Holmes's apartment for drugs as a "drugs bust" rather than "drug bust." I realize that the way that sentence is put together makes it sound like the former is more reasonable, but it isn't, I swear. Them Brits and their extraneous letters. Esses and Eees and ughs oh my.

Marcus

Reaction score
Whaaaat? Only three episodes? That makes me sad.

Why so few?

Also, I found it odd the way that they repeatedly referred to searching Holmes's apartment for drugs as a "drugs bust" rather than "drug bust." I realize that the way that sentence is put together makes it sound like the former is more reasonable, but it isn't, I swear. Them Brits and their extraneous letters. Esses and Eees and ughs oh my.
lmao yeah only three because they were tester episodes if alot of people watched it they will make more:D and its because holmes is a DRUGO lol

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I can for once say that I hope the brits keep doing something.

Um, what? No. I didn't find it odd that they were searching Holmes's apartment for drugs. I found it entertaining that they referred to it as a "drugs bust."

Though I will admit that it was... I don't know, it was similar to any other crime drama these days. I don't actually know how that affects my opinion, though.

Marcus

Reaction score
What i really really enjoy is how he deducts things its fking funny as lmao

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have only seen the odd parts of it but seemed like a decent show and its fairly new (last 2 months) and they are meant to be continuing it from what i read.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I watched them all a few months ago and they were interesting, I liked them.