• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Well I enjoyed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
My favorite thing about Fable III was the spellweaving (especially Blades+Vortex :) ). One of the few things I disliked was the ending. (SPOILER!!!!!!highlight below the *)
When Sir Walter dies. I felt really connected to that character, my mouth dropped when I saw him die...
*Spoiler highlight as well*

*Agreed but its actually smart of the creators to do things like this. It would have been plain and boring if it was just a save the world everyone lived YAY sort of thing. I did love that character as well though.*

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
As an item of fashion, perhaps. Unless you're of a Hero bloodline those gloves don't do diddly squat after all.

That's very true. In fact, being able to activate the gauntlets is what helped prove that you were a Hero.

*Some Spoilers*

I liked everything really, How it all changed and how it can change by your will, the wings would be better if you could choose when they come out but still good, I loved the combination of weapons you could get and also the characters and having your own voice! Just the auothority to be able to command people was nice.
Also the storyline.
And the graphics seemed better, And the added feature of tree's blowing and clothing moving not just like a static highroller coat that jiggles when you run. The Crawler should have been harder, I thought it should have taken you to all different places that would make the character feel -If they had feelings- devastated like the part in the Desert. But meh Im blabbing I could go on about how I enjoyed this game.
The only dissapointments was Some tiny Bugs, Made the atmosphere kinda... Glitchy.
And how confusing stalls are, And Marriage :)

Edit: Ooooh A Like Thanks!! :p

"combination of weapons"? There was two melee weapon types and two gun types which is nothing compared to the previous games. They also gave us less spells which wasn't very pleasant especially considering the crazy things they could have done with "Spellweave" and a Slow Time spell. Also, I never got to see my wings because I happen to be a pure caster so that's a little off-putting as well. They could have very easily made it so they appear as you charge up spells or just whenever you cast them. The voice thing wasn't nearly as great as I thought it would be especially since your Hero has very few lines.

The storyline was an improvement over the second game and almost on par with the original but still very lacking. It seems like most companies focus on graphics and quantity over quality and Lionhead is no exception.

I agree though. I was hoping the Crawler to be much more difficult and exciting because he had so much potential. Instead... he just [Spoilers] takes over Walter's body and we're forced to beat him instead which apparently kills the Crawler. Lame. [/Spoilers]

Overall a very disappointing game. Although... I should probably stop focusing on the negatives and try to find more positive qualities.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
Fable 4 - Flight of the Luftwaffe....

Anyone up for killing some Nazi's? xD
Oh but I kid, thats a terrible idea. Whats really bad is if it were in the modern era though >.>

I'm a gun-whore so I like skill as the best attribute. I would suggest a Pirate type DLC. (Maybe make two more for will and strength.) That would be so cool. But thats just me.

But dont you think Lionhead has made guns quite cool as in they are not the best it depends on what you like

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
As an item of fashion, perhaps. Unless you're of a Hero bloodline those gloves don't do diddly squat after all.

NOT TRUE! According to the game they simply channel any Will energy into a more focused and controlled state [e.g. spells]. If only Heroes could use magic, then how come Hobbes, hollowmen and those giant, cigar-chompin' Mercs can, too???

:)

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The Hero requirement naturally only applies to humans. Hollow Men and Hobbes are magical/mystical creatures so it makes perfect sense for them to have the ability to use Will. As for the Mercs, I've not seen a single one use Will...?

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
The Hero requirement naturally only applies to humans. Hollow Men and Hobbes are magical/mystical creatures so it makes perfect sense for them to have the ability to use Will. As for the Mercs, I've not seen a single one use Will...?

The rare occasion you will see mercs that look like saker and they use the fire spell

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
I thought the Spoiler at the Spoiler of the Spoiler was the Spoiler Spoiler and Spoiler that Spoiler Spoiler with the Spoiler. I thought the whole Spoiler was really Spoiler coz the Spoiler did the Spoiler during Spoiler and the Spoiler was Spoiler too, and I liked it!!!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The rare occasion you will see mercs that look like saker and they use the fire spell

You sure they're just not supposed to be throwing grenades like Saker was?

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
the little guys throw the grenades, but the big dude uses the Inferno spell

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
They do seem to throw fire, and their hands are on fire too, I choose to believe they have those rags on their hands soaked in oil and they light it up when they get mad, like Saker does if you choose to execute him. Not that he gets a chance to use it properly before i jammed my sword in his skull lol

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
They do seem to throw fire, and their hands are on fire too, I choose to believe they have those rags on their hands soaked in oil and they light it up when they get mad, like Saker does if you choose to execute him. Not that he gets a chance to use it properly before i jammed my sword in his skull lol
Whoa, Spoiler. I'm not up to that yet. JK

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score

I loved the execute thing :blush:

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
I agree. Best Fable so far! I loved all the new features none that I hated. Only complaint is that the Final Boss was to easy.
As opposed to What? Lucien? Jack was definitly the hardest boss of the 3. Aleast it wasn't like fighting Sephiroth. You know, to this day, I still have not defeated Bowser at the end of Super Mario Brothers (thats the old NES version BTW)

Shadowfiend66

Reaction score
As do i. I just dont like that your character has to be small.

As the game progressess, if you level up your strength and ranged skills, he does get taller and a bit bulkier. He's just no super mutant freak because there were a lot of complaints about that in the previous games. Pus I believe Lionhead wanted you to look more human in this game. You know, no horns/halos, no super giant roid rage guys. Granted its Fable so your never normal, but you can look it. Also, if you want to be bulkier, where the armor. it make you look pretty big.

BowerstoneInFlames

Anarchist In Training
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the game, especially many of the sidequests as they are hilarous, such as Gnomes are Great! and The Game. I also liked the touch of removing all the iron, steel and rusty crap weapons and replacing them all with legendary weapons and I must admit, some of them look pretty epic with all 3 upgrades.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
Also ive heard people moan about the weapon morphing well ive had four playthroughs and all weapons look entirely different in the good way ^_^

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score
I'm kind of late getting into the convervation, but I like the game so far. I'm only about 10 hours into it because I was away all last week, but I like the storyline and the choices seem more... dramatic? substantial? I'm not sure if those are the right words, but hopefully you know what I mean. I think the graphics are awesome and have enjoyed the various side quests so far. My only complaint is that I don't like the Sanctuary aspect of it. I find it distracting when I want to switch weapons in the middle of a fight and have to essentially go to another area and come back rather than just pulling up a menu. I also feel like it was really hard to figure out at first. With that being said, though, maybe I just need to get used to it. I still have a ways to go yet, and I can't wait to see what happens :)

You know, to this day, I still have not defeated Bowser at the end of Super Mario Brothers (thats the old NES version BTW)

I'm glad I'm not alone in that! :) I never really thought about it, but I guess games really ARE getting easier, in general. Beating an NES game was a real challenge, but it seems like most xbox 360 games can be beaten in a couple days if you have the time to put into it. Game developers need to take it back old school!!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

I chose to believe that those are descendants of Twinblade, which would allow them to use Will. Would also make sense for his descendants to act like the leaders of the other Merc rabble, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.