• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What do humans listen to on earth? (music)

DoomsDayUnicorn

I eat Glitter. What do you eat?
Reaction score
What do you listen to? Rap, country, rock, Ect? I have a great taste in Earth music, not trying to boast or anything.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I've been listening to Rebelution a lot lately. This song in particular is awesome.

The Dead Kennedys are great too.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I'm into most kinds of rock, especially classic rock. My favorite band is Led Zeppelin, and my second favorite is The Strokes, though I'm sure most people remember me saying that several times before. Thought I'd throw it out there since we've got a new guy making the thread.

Speaking of rock though, has anyone else heard about Green Day's new albums? I was wondering when they were finally going to release something new, and now three new albums are on their way. This is the single they've released.

I didn't think it was amazing, but there's definitely nothing bad about it. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of their new stuff as it's being released.

EDIT: Actually, as I'm listening to this new Green Day song more and more, I seem to be liking it more and more...

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
No idea what they listen to. I try to have as little to do with the humans as possible. They do make a lot of mostly meaningless noise that I have to hear and put up with day in and day out, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I "listen" to it. I try not to hold it against them though. See, I think its not that they don't know when to shut up, they don't know how. I tune them out as best I can so they just end up sounding like a massive heard of cattle. So, I guess you could say I listen to... cows.

Hey, if its not too much trouble, could you get me the hell off this f***ing planet?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I shall sing you the song of my people.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

I didn't think it was amazing, but there's definitely nothing bad about it. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of their new stuff as it's being released.

The thing is about this is, it's an alright song but it just shows that Green Day have drifted far from how they were originally.

If you listen to Insomniac or Dookie, the songs are incredibly different and, in most cases, better, in my opinion.

Anyway, I listen to most sorts of rock, ranging from stuff like Busted and Sum 41 to the likes of Slayer and Dark Tranquility, and also a lot of punk like the Ramones etc.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
There must be something seriously wrong with me then, because I really, really like ladyparts....

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The thing is about this is, it's an alright song but it just shows that Green Day have drifted far from how they were originally.

If you listen to Insomniac or Dookie, the songs are incredibly different and, in most cases, better, in my opinion.

Oh believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been thinking a lot about the differences between their older and newer stuff lately, but I like their newer stuff better. It's much less punk-ish and much more melodic. Their older stuff just sounds mostly the same, and the notes just blend together a lot, which is what makes it less melodic, but I suppose that's just how punk rock is. I mean, I like their older stuff, but I love their newer more alternative stuff.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Oh believe me, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been thinking a lot about the differences between their older and newer stuff lately, but I like their newer stuff better. It's much less punk-ish and much more melodic. Their older stuff just sounds mostly the same, and the notes just blend together a lot, which is what makes it less melodic, but I suppose that's just how punk rock is. I mean, I like their older stuff, but I love their newer more alternative stuff.

I guess the basic difference is that their newer stuff is pop punk, the older stuff is punk rock.

I guess that American Idiot contained pop punk influences (I still think it's basically punk rock overall) and that's a sensational album, so I see where you're coming from with that, but I really didn't like 21st Century Breakdown much. I mean I liked it, but I think it's their worst album.

Insomniac>American Idiot>Dookie as far as I'm concerned.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the fact that you compared Green Day to pop punk hurts me greatly.

These are REAL pop punk songs:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I guess the basic difference is that their newer stuff is pop punk, the older stuff is punk rock.

I guess that American Idiot contained pop punk influences (I still think it's basically punk rock overall) and that's a sensational album, so I see where you're coming from with that, but I really didn't like 21st Century Breakdown much. I mean I liked it, but I think it's their worst album.

Insomniac>American Idiot>Dookie as far as I'm concerned.

None of the songs on Insomniac really stood out to me. At least Dookie's got Basket Case. I think the song that really stands out the most to me from their older stuff is Scattered from Nimrod. I don't know what it is about that song, I just love it. I might like a few songs from Warning more than that, but would you call Warning part of their older stuff? To me, Warning is this very strange fusion of their older, more punk sounding stuff and a more alternative sound, but not necessarily the same kind of alternative sound as American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. It's very odd and interesting, but in a good way. But anyway, since I said I preferred their newer stuff, I don't think it'll surprise you to hear that my top three favorite albums are their latest three: Warning, American Idiot, and 21st Century Breakdown. I don't think I could put them in any kind of order though.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I like mostly rock, though I'm open to a few other genres. The only ones I actively dislike are rap and country.
Rock that's a bit more unique (Radiohead, White Stripes) attracts me the more. If I think it sounds too much like something that's been done before I won't be very interested.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
None of the songs on Insomniac really stood out to me. At least Dookie's got Basket Case. I think the song that really stands out the most to me from their older stuff is Scattered from Nimrod. I don't know what it is about that song, I just love it. I might like a few songs from Warning more than that, but would you call Warning part of their older stuff? To me, Warning is this very strange fusion of their older, more punk sounding stuff and a more alternative sound, but not necessarily the same kind of alternative sound as American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown. It's very odd and interesting, but in a good way. But anyway, since I said I preferred their newer stuff, I don't think it'll surprise you to hear that my top three favorite albums are their latest three: Warning, American Idiot, and 21st Century Breakdown. I don't think I could put them in any kind of order though.

I'm not saying that any of their newer albums are bad, in fact I liked most of Warning, only a couple of slow ones I wasn't a massive fan of.

And yeah Scattered is pretty good, I think Nimrod was their transfer from oldschool punk rock to normal rock and shiz, I think Nimrod is a pretty underated album.

While we're on Nimrod, my favourite song from it

Also try this from Insomniac, you might like it more than the others

The thing that annoys me though is when people say that when they changed their direction they sold out. :mad:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Speaking of it, I love Country. It is my big secret music shame.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of my top favourite bands of all time. Pronounced is one of my all-time favourite albums from any band.

HobbeBrain

Reaction score
Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of my top favourite bands of all time. Pronounced is one of my all-time favourite albums from any band.

Lynyrd Skynyrd is more Southern Rock isn't it?

Besides, they're awesome.

FREEE BIIIRRRDDDDD

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You're technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

But isn't southern rock essentially country made awesomer?