• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does everybody look like?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: What does everybody look like?

Never had one but I'd reckon it'd be down to personal pain barrier. Will also depend on where you have it done - lower arms won't hurt as much as having them done on parts of your body where there isn't much distance between the bone underneath and the skin on top.

For some people it's agony. For many others, it's more annoying to have to sit for so long than anything else...

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Well i have a pritty good pain barrier so hopfully i wont faint ^_^ but what age do you legaly have to be to get one?

R

Rubnwonout

Cobalt_Gamer;206864 said:
Im gonna get a load of tattoos on my lower arms, but my freind got one and he fainted while he was getting it doen then when i saw him he said it was agony now i was thinking he was just a girl but how much does it hurt really ?

When i got my second one done the artist said I was one of the few people he never heard a ***** whimper from, his words. But to be honest it hurt, it hurt most when he got to the inside of my arm. Otherwise it wasn't that bad.

Shouldn't call your friend a girl either, most of them can actually handle more pain than a guy.

Drakan-

I would have never got my first tattoo without it being meaningful, fear of uncertainty i guess. Now I just want more! I'll probably get a new one in the next couple of months.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Ah well i supose its worth it though right?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Cobalt_Gamer;206879 said:
Well i have a pritty good pain barrier so hopfully i wont faint ^_^ but what age do you legaly have to be to get one?
In the UK you got to be 18 I think...or 16 with permission from your parent/guardian. But most tattoo parlours won't even think of tattooing anyone underage, permission granted or otherwise.

A tattoo is worth it if you are 100% happy with your design choice. You've got it forever, after all, so be sure you want something that will still be there when you're old and wrinkly...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Cobalt_Gamer;206864 said:
Im gonna get a load of tattoos on my lower arms, but my freind got one and he fainted while he was getting it doen then when i saw him he said it was agony now i was thinking he was just a girl but how much does it hurt really ?

As Angel said it depends on where it is and your own personal pain threshold. Certain parts you barely feel and some just feel like a hot scratch. However it can be quite uncomfortable when they go over bone, as i found out with my collarbone.

Angel;206871 said:
Where there isn't much distance between the bone underneath and the skin on top.

Bingo, now thats uncomfortable and makes an awful sound.

Rubnwonout;206881 said:
When i got my second one done the artist said I was one of the few people he never heard a ***** whimper from, his words. But to be honest it hurt, it hurt most when he got to the inside of my arm. Otherwise it wasn't that bad.

Shouldn't call your friend a girl either, most of them can actually handle more pain than a guy.

Drakan-

I would have never got my first tattoo without it being meaningful, fear of uncertainty i guess. Now I just want more! I'll probably get a new one in the next couple of months.

The pain varies from place to place doesnt it and its never that bad that you pull away or anything. I worked on my design for over a year before getting it, the actual tattoo had no meaning but it was sentamental as i customised it.

Angel;206893 said:
In the UK you got to be 18 I think...or 16 with permission from your parent/guardian. But most tattoo parlours won't even think of tattooing anyone underage, permission granted or otherwise.

A tattoo is worth it if you are 100% happy with your design choice. You've got it forever, after all, so be sure you want something that will still be there when you're old and wrinkly...

Yeah its 18 in most places and they wont do you until that age, even with parents permission if underage.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

And if anyone does consent to tattoo you, knowing you are underage, leave the shop and wait for til you're 18 - anyone willing to break the law is more than likely to do a dangerous and shoddy job.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Cobalt_Gamer;206879 said:

It varies in the US. It's usually 16, 18, or 21; but some areas had different rules about how you could get it with parental consent; with different requirements for consent. But some also said that the tattoo places could refuse to tattoo you if you were below the age, even if you had consent.

Incidentally, yes, I know this. No, I'm not really a tattoo kinda person; but I want to get a remembrance tattoo, an "In Memory of..." kinda thing. For my little sister. My mom and other sister and I are planning on getting them together, kinda-sorta-maybe-probably, and I was checking to see how old my sister needed to be.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

^ Now that is a really lovely gesture :)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;206784 said:
What would you want for new one?

Had more ink added to mine today so took another pic.

Awesome :thumbsup:

l_17e912816a94d3b1064c2d403827ab8e.jpg

l_75dfcd44733c1c9f692994ce7688ebb9.jpg

B

blaqkstar

Heres Me:
michael-jackson-neverland.jpg

Everyone says I look like Tom Cruise...

J

Jaap

:thumbsup:
Nice to know how everyone looks,
I WILL post my pictures,
But i have to warn now,
1. Dont argue with me because i smoke.
2. Also dont whine about it.
No im not happy that i smoke but i refuse to post a picture if people keep on whining about it.

From old to new (I could put ages with it if its easyer for you)
veytf5.jpg

30sdgf8.jpg

qnuxzr.jpg

2aain9x.jpg

153bdi8.jpg

2zj9imd.jpg

(My look has already changed alot again, I might try to take a good new one)

Well, Best i can say is,
Enjoy!

0cean v0id

l_ce5b2486f88e81268bf2ff4048af386c.jpg
like that except this is 2 years old i was 19 then and i have facial hair now cause i look cooler with it XD

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Hey this is what i think of You.

19403041a9121417631l.jpg

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

OK FFS Who keeps deleting my God Damn Picture!? hahahaha

S

Sunshine<3

Soldier By Name and Sunshine<3

2933519616_8beb3ed18a.jpg
Awwwww haha.

Here's me. I know it's blinding. hahaha
2932717101_a8200c306d.jpg

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ahh... ye olde glasses bump. I remember that from the old days when I didn't have my contacts yet. :p

0cean v0id

i have a tattoo of the ocean with a black sky and a moon crescent over it below it, it says ocean

0cean v0id

yea it was my birthday present from my brother =D
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY :D but i got it when i was visiting him in Bulgaria last summer hes studying the dark ages and im jealous cause he gets paid to study medieval stuff

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Soldier you got a super cute lady there ;)