• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What ever happened to TJ?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
What ever happened to TJ?

Hello all,

I've been debating whether or not to make this thread for a while, but I've gotten a few inquires as to my whereabouts so its evident that a least a few forum members are curious about my absence. The purpose of this thread is not to ask for advise, brag about accomplishments, complain about problems, or get condolences. The single purpose of this thread is to inform those who care of why I have been mostly inactive for the past 6 months. So if you don't care, then don't read. I understand and won't hold anything against you. So long as there is no TL;DR.

The short version:

I'm busy. I've been busy, and I am going to be busy for an indeterminable amount of time. I am not leaving the forums, I am just occupied enough that "waste time on the internet" rarely appears on my agenda.

The long version requires me to tell you whats happened in my life since February of this year. You have been warned.

The long version:

The first week of February, I drove down to Beaver Dam, AZ to pick up my father, who was fed up with his roommate and moving out and back up to Salt Lake City, UT. We got back and he moved in to my house temporarily, until he could find a place of his own. This agenda was put on hold however, because it was the first time in 20 years that he and I had a chance to get to know each other.

My father and I enjoyed some much needed time together for a while, until in March my grandmother (whom I was living with and taking care of) started complaining about chest pains and breathing trouble. We took her to the hospital right away, the diagnosis: terminal lung cancer. This came as a surprise to nobody, as she had smoked for roughly 50 years, having quit in 1996.

As some of you may know, my younger brother and I where adopted by my grandmother at a young age (4 and 2) so for the past 16 years, she was our only parent and maternal influence. She is, for all intents and purposes, my mother. So now my father and I had a new agenda: take care of our dying mother.

March came and went, my grandmother was hooked up to an oxygen hose and had nurses check up on her every day or every other day and things where fairly stable. I finally found a new job (I was unemployed up to this point) and things where looking good. The oxygen hose solved my grandmother's main problem, trouble breathing. Her left lung was mostly taken up by a tumor, but her right lung was fairly clear.

Things where fairly stable for a month or so, and we had one last extra special mothers day. And god damnit I can't tell this story any more!

Near the end of May, or possibly the beginning of June, she took a sudden and rapid downhill turn. Like her two sisters who died before her, her last few weeks where spent in a perpetual state of confusion as her body slowly shut down. She finally passed away in her sleep in the early morning of June 26, 2010.

While this obviously came with grief, it also came as a relief for everyone involved, (especially my grandmother) since watching her die was more miserable than having her gone. But its finally over with now.

Believe it or not, she actually made me the executor of her estate, so now that I am done taking care of her, I and busy taking care of her affairs. No, she didn't leave me with a tone of money. But she did leave me with plenty of debts to pay off, fortunately, her life insurance will take care of those and leave me with a very lovely credit rating (all her accounts are in my name now). Unfortunately, all of these things are being taken care of by the government (social security and all that BS), and since good ol' Uncle Sam likes to do everything the hard way I can expect to wait "six to eight weeks" for some god damn forms to be mailed to me, so I can fill them out and no doubt wait another "six to eight weeks" (its never that quick) for the money to be deposited into her account, where it must be immediately returned to SS, so it can be put into my account. Why can't they put it directly into my account? I don't know, and I've given up trying to understand their logic (or lack of it in this case), it just has to be that way "cuz they say so."

Anyway, I have to wrap this up and run off to work now. But what it comes down to is that when I'm not busy with my job, I'm busy filling out all sorts of paperwork and making phone calls and waiting on hold for a least a half hour at a time (seriously). And all that bureaucratic nonsense. Why is dying so ****ing complicated?

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: And now that I'm back from work, we can end this on a lighter note. After I got my new job as a drug dealer (I work in a drug store, haw haw haw...) My dad and I started fixing up the yard (he is a really good gardener) and my grandmother was fortunately able to enjoy it a bit before her memory was shot. Then, about a week before she passed, a stray poodle showed up at our door. A nurse thought he was ours, since he was so desperate to get in the front door, and let him in. We gave him some food and a bath, as well as a haircut (he was matted to hell and back) and he never left. We put up "dog found" signs all over the neighborhood and online, but nobody responded. Its been a month now, and we have decided to keep him. We think he was either abandoned, or has been lost for so long the owner gave up looking for him. He is house-trained and very loving, and very used to grooming (although his fur showed that he hadn't been groomed for quite some time). So now I have two dogs, my nice, manly lab, and a poodle. >.< Of all the dogs that could have showed up at my door, a friggin poodle! He sleeps on my bed every night and would follow me off a cliff. As lovable as he is, he has got to be the stupidest dog I have ever seen. I swear he must have ADHD. But he is the kind of stupid where he is too dumb to be anything but happy. You gotta love it. If I take him for a walk, he pulls on the leash to the point of strangulation, and then keeps on pulling (stopping randomly to sniff things of corse, then forgetting which way we where heading when he starts moving again, no wonder he got lost). If I accidentally give him to much food, he eats untill he throws up, and then eats the barf of corse. I gave him a bone to chew on that was almost two big for his moth, he tried to swallow it whole. I could probably drop kick him over the fence and break his legs, and he would still be excited to see me.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: What ever happened to TJ?

Sorry about your grandmother. Good luck with everything and don't stress yourself out too much with all the work.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry about your grandma. At least some good came out of it though. Good to know what you've been up to though, and that you don't just hate us.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need, but know you'll always have a family waiting for you right here.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

hope everyones taking it as good as it could hope to be. how is your dad doing? having just walked in on all this... was it his mom?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Just remember to take part of every day for yourself. Nobody can live without "me" time when in an extremely busy situation like yours.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;410404 said:
hope everyones taking it as good as it could hope to be. how is your dad doing? having just walked in on all this... was it his mom?

Yes, it was his mom. He is taking it quite well. We are all taking it surprisingly well. Probably since we all saw it coming years ago.

Necromancer11;410427 said:
Just remember to take part of every day for yourself. Nobody can live without "me" time when in an extremely busy situation like yours.

Me? Who the hell is me? :lol:

Actually, I've finally been getting some me time lately, that's why I was finally able to post this. I've taken care of just about everything, other than the "wait six to eight weeks" stuff. Oh I havent even begun to name all the incredibly simple things I need to take care of and could have by now if the friggin government didn't make them retardedly complicated. I could tell you all a few stories, but blood isn't good for keyboards, and burst veins aren't good for my forehead.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Life always has its own way of reminding you its there away from the Internet. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother and yeah its hard being forced into a position of responsibility but seems you are coping as well as you can. Hope everything works out well for you.

Cain

Reaction score

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I'm glad to see your doing well with your role as executor of the estate.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I don't like poodles.

Havik

To End All
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your loss. Im glad everything is turning upward :) Good luck and take as much time as possible. And dont drop kick the poodle! lol

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

It sounds to me like your poodle is just really stoned all the time.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I'm so sorry bro. :(

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry about life. I've been dealing with it too.
Good to see you back however (it's nice to see some oldies returning) :p

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;410672 said:
(it's nice to see some oldies returning) :p

She called you old, you gonna take that TJ?

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score

I too, and sorry for your loss. Hopefully things go well for you and your father.