• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I made this thread because what IF something else would have happened in the story of any three of the games. how do you think it would have affected the current setting. Use your imagination. This is my first time posting a thread so please call me noobsauce :)

Jamie S. Rain

Wooflea Bird
Reaction score
I would like to take the full evil path, instead of being extremely evil and still being the hero that saved Albion.
Like the option to join the darkside and take down the country.

Reaction score
Don't quite follow OP, but I'll bite. :)

(Alot of this post is speculation and personal opinion, but I'm being 'imaginative')

If Lucien's wife and child never died*, he wouldn't have fallen in to madness and attempted to build the Spire in order to create his own vision of a 'perfect world'. He wouldn't be interested in Heroes and Old Kingdom artifacts, so he probably wouldn't ever come in to contact with the music box or Rose and Sparrow.
Rose wouldn't have been murdered, and Sparrow would not have a desire for revenge. Neither would have known of their heroic potential this way, and a Hero of Bowerstone would hypothetically never exist.*

*Assuming Theresa doesn't do any shady, behind-the-scenes, fortune teller mojo.

The Hero of Bowerstone would never rise up and travel throughout Albion, and would never seen how broken the communities were. They would never unite the broken land in to a kingdom and become King/Queen.
I would think Rose and Sparrow would instead just wander through Bowerstone Old Town for their lives until their deaths (which would lead to the end of the bloodline).

I would assume without the death of her father at the hands of Lucien's men, Hammer too would be without the need to avenge his death. I think she too, would have spent the rest of her days in her unhappy life in the Temple of Light. I don't think it's too far-fetched to assume that Hammer may have had a child while crammed in Oakfield, allowing the bloodline for the Hero of Strength to flourish.

Garth would probably remain irrelevant to the story, as his role in the grand scheme of things was only influential when Lucien was interested in the Spire. Since [in these altered events] Lucien is happy and needs no use for the Spire, Garth would just be an old scholar, researching Old Kingdom engineering in Brightwood Tower for the rest of his days.
I don't think he would have met Reaver and returned to Samarkand in these versions of the events, though. Unlike Hammer, I don't think of Garth was one to start a family, either.
After an amount of years (I forgot if will-users have extended lives or not), he would perish and a Hero of Will would probably never rise again.

I imagine that Reaver would have remained in Bloodstone in this altered storyline. Since Sparrow would not have been alive to begin Albion's monarchy, Logan would not have been born and no one would attempt to fund an army to defend Albion from the Crawler. I believe the age of industry (and Reaver Industries) arose because Logan needed more money coming in to the treasury (as suggested in Fable III); but since Logan was never born, he never lived to be a tyrant and rely so much on Reaver in order to raise money for an army.
So to summarise; Reaver Industries never arose, and the age of industry would not yet come to Albion. Reaver would not find it necessary to move to Bower Lake, and it would never become Millfields. He would instead spend at least 50 years of his immortality in Bloodstone residing over as mayor, and be renowned for his unnatural sharpshooting ability (without being any the wiser to his heroic status).

Since Lucien never started construction of the Spire (that the Hero of Bowerstone would have later cleaned out for Theresa), Theresa could not use it as an instrument to improve her abilities as a seer. She would not have forseen that the fate of Albion and Aurora would lie with the child of the Hero King/Queen (but even with the Spire, she would not have seen this anyway; as Rose and Sparrow died as nothing but street urchins in Bowerstone Old Town; there would have been no Hero King/Queen).
Theresa would not have clearly been able to see the Crawler's impending invasion either. She wouldn't be completely unaware, but without the Spire, it wouldn't have been as apparent.

I imagine by this point, Theresa would know that there was danger heading for Albion. The bloodline ended during the events of Fable II, and due to that, the Hero of Bowerstone would never raise the Hero of Brightwall. Albion would not be as united as it could be (due to the lack of a heroic monarchy) and Aurora would never become a part of Albion (due to absence of the Hero of Brightwall promising to lend aid in exchange for accepting Aurora in to the [non-existent] kingdom of Albion).
Aurora would be devoured by the Darkness, as no aid exists for them in these altered events.
Albion would remain practically defenseless. I have a hard time believing the idiotic population would start listening to the vague warnings of a blind, old, wandering fortune-teller. Without the Spire, I believe Theresa's warning would have come too late, anyway (I doubt Garth [assuming he's lived for this long] and Reaver could have stopped it by themselves if they adhered the warning). The Darkness would spread across Albion too, and its scattered communties would collapse under the Crawler.

Perhaps Scythe would eventually resurface to save the world yet again, but little is known of what he could be capable of at this point in time.

Damn, that's one long post.. Hope I didn't bore anyone.
It's 4:28am and I can't sleep, anyway.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Butterfly effect.
Wonder what 2 and 3 would be like if Hero of Oakvale putting on Jack's mask was canon?

Phantom Blade

Reaction score
I always think that since Theresa is a seerest and can see all possible time-lines that she exsist in them all and also at the same time she doesnt.I'd love to see a graphic novel where two heros of brightwall have to team up against a evil version of themselves which would be so fricking awesome.

Like since the Evil Version of the Hero of Brightwalls world has been destroyed from the countless rebellions and wars that he needs a new kingdom to rule over and new territory some how he finds out from you guessed it Jack of Blades and he traverses to alternate realities and in time kills many of the heros and villians of there reality with only two surviving the onslaught so far.All part of Jack of Blades Marvelous return in doing so hes insuring that he will be dominate in those realities.

Reaction score
Butterfly effect.
Wonder what 2 and 3 would be like if Hero of Oakvale putting on Jack's mask was canon?
Doesn't Jack use the mask to find a new host body whenever his current one becomes too worn out? Been a while since I played TLC.
I can't recall correctly, but in the canon it says the Hero of Oakvale killed Jack in his dragon form using the Sword of Aeons? So that means if Jack posessed the Hero, he would also have the Sword of Aeons.
Why did he want the sword again in the first place?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The Mask "is" Jack. It contains his soul and anyone who wears it gets his or her soul mixed with him, which probably ends with Jack being the dominant one in that relationship.

Phantom Blade

Reaction score
frankly that confused me to he was already so powerful the sword just seemed like over kill

Status
Not open for further replies.