• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is wrong with this guy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamorion

Reaction score
I'm torn, there are things I like about Fable III but I am also left with a sense of disappointment. The first Fable for me was by far the best, once again, my opinion which I know is not shared by all. However, I think the story had more substance then either Fable II or III.

The dog...I don't mind having a pet, however, the dog seems to be a bit of a distraction sometimes. It also glitches, fairly often, getting stuck trying to find a path to the treasure, dig site or quest it is leading you too. I kind of wish there was an option to leave the dog behind.

Buying buildings and shops is more important now and I do like that but having to go to every single house to do repairs becomes rather tedious. I would have liked a "repair all" option or "adjust rent all" option.

Having to go to the Sanctuary every time I want to change my clothes or my weapon is also not my idea of fun. In Fable II going to the menu to grab the weapon, clothing, or gear I want was quicker and easier than having to go to the Sanctuary to LB, RB, LT, RT through everything.

Spells...I really liked Fable I spells better than having this single spell option. However, I do like spellweaving and combining fire/vortex as well as blades/lightning is very nice.

Weapons. Some of the weapons have quest or needs that can't be fulfilled if you get them later in the game. Now I know you can pass these weapons on to a friend, who passes them back to you when you start a new game...but maybe I dont want to run through the glitchy game again. Which brings me too...

Glitches. I already mentioned the dog being a bit glitchy but that isn't a real glitch per se. What is a glitch is the glowy path leading you in loops, a complete lockup after The Game quest (multiple people have reported this issue), Jasper's voice issues during Understone, and a handful of others that have shown up on forums. Fable I and II, for me, were not so glitchy as Fable III and in the beginning I told people to lighten up. However, I am constantly having issues now and its getting annoying.

It is my hope to have a reasonable discussion rather than a vicious tirade of why people disagree. I still like the game, its pretty and I really, really love the flourishes. I never get tired of doing a hand spring on to someones shoulders and snapping their neck with my knees. Best flourish ever!!! Once again, IMO.

Oh, one more thing and this is, next to having to pop to the Sanctuary all the time, one of my biggest disappointment with the game, social interaction with villagers. You get three choices, sometimes you dont want to do any of them. Do I want to dance with all the male villagers or give them the pelvic thrust...not that there's anything wrong with that, but no. I like the wheel of choices in Fable II and given the way social interaction works in Fable III I don't want to make friends with anyone.

Zangash

Reaction score
He may have been rude about it, but he was almost 100% right. Fable 2 was a letdown, and Fable 3 was a stinking pile of $60 poop.

The combat, while slightly more challenging than 2, was still not challenging. LH even knew this, and made beating the game without getting knocked out once an achievement. What happened to having to go back after you died, anyways? It actually made you give a damn about dying because you knew you didn't have limitless health bar. Hell, your health even regenerates in Fable 3. Oh, and flourishing at will- it's fun. If you want to be god, anyways. Fable 4 will feature an auto flourish and auto counter system as well, as making the player not have to worry about taking damage will make it more accessible. Just. You. Watch.

I want my old magic back. The Sanctuary sucks and became a chore when I had more than 2 spells. While spell weaving was cool, I'd have much rathered being able to use several spells in rapid fire mode like I did in Fable TLC. Who needs to shoot electric tornadoes when I can create a tornado, fire off some volts, and summon some Ghost Swords in the chaos while simultaneously turning an enemy to fight on my side?

The storyline was terrible. What if I don't WANT to focus my game on Real Estate? SOL, right? Yeah... Or you can be evil and walk through ghost towns!

The characters had no depth, and we know Molyneux could give it to them. Reaver is a great character introduced in Fable 2, but it ends there. Hammer was annoying as hell, Walter was very clearly Pure/Good, and Ben Finn and Page were too minor to really make you care.

Why do I HAVE to be a good guy? Why have a story based on being good when the game is about choice? So Logan killed a worker today? I can do better than that- I'll go massacre an entire town! No WONDER the people want me as King instead of him!

When I'm king I can't go on killing sprees. The Guards simply do not care. And with this game, killing people is all there is to do unless you want to walk around collecting... flowers.

Weapon Morphing is fail. Don't make it morph according to what I kill if you're forcing me to kill these monsters. There is no Balverine morph, and I want a sword that morphs because I kill Balverines! BALLS!

Theresa has almost no role in Fable 3, and with the exception of Reaver she's the only character of intrigue. Good going.

I could go on and on about things, such as the overall lack of items, the lack of outfits (As in full outfits, so save your "There are 100+" crap for someone else), no traveling traders, desolate regions, lack of enemies, ect, ect, but I'm going to stop here.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
What is this I don't even

Status
Not open for further replies.