• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite ability?

What is your favorite Ability?

• Strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skill

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Will

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Strength and Skill

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Strength and Will

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Skill and Will

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
S

shawnsterress

Re: What is your favorite ability?

i like will. just sit there and make pepole die with lightning :)

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Looove swords, but I really hate how the hero looks with physique maced out, so I only have 1 or 2 levels of physique - but I still own with quick slash and counter ^_^

PewPew Ninja

J

JesseTheEternal

I want it so that you can modify how your character looks.
Of course you sortof can do that now.
By deleting skills.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken, you can buy potions on Knothole Island to make you skinner or shorter without deleting abilities.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Necromancer11;339116 said:
If I'm not mistaken, you can buy potions on Knothole Island to make you skinner or shorter without deleting abilities.
Yeah that's nice, now all they need is a potion that makes you look weak with maxed out physique ^_^

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;339127 said:
now all they need is a potion that makes you look weak with maxed out physique ^_^

That's basically what the 'skinny' potion does if I heard correctly.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Skill, and Will. I mix them up. Never have more than 1 on stregth.:)

Jackums

The Commander
Reaction score

Will Will Will.

Always had been.

N0L1MB5

Ninja elder #3
Reaction score

female: only will, no skill or strength

Male: maxed out everthing.

(female pwns by the way)

(un)Godly Hiroku

Fable 2 Genius
Reaction score

will (lightning the most) all the way baby!

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Beyond the first part of the game, I find guns (the red dragon really helping here) and magic (shock, raise dead and time control playing a large roll) very powerfu compared with melee combat and I usually end up with twice the experience in those individual areas than strength. If I were to decide between skill and will however, I'd choose skill. Since the two are quite close for me however, I've voted for skill and will.

Psychosis

Reaction score

I like all three equally. The problem is, sometimes I'll make a new game and think "I'll just be a Skill Hero this time", but then I end up being weak in close combat, meaning I'll have to spend some experience on Toughness or Health, but then I think "Forget it, I'll just max everything again". There should be some way for you to get through the game easily on just one discipline. Sure, you can easily beat the game as a Hero of Strength. But how is a Hero of the Will going to survive in the early stages?

AliCal

Reaction score

I prefer Skill, though I did find it a bit unbalanced because at the start of the game it was quite tough and it just seemed to take ages in battle, but nearer the end (especially when I could do headshots etc.) everything was very easy. But I guess that's probably true of any ability.
Plus I definitely prefer the guns in fable 2 to the swords/maces etc.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Psychosis;345045 said:
There should be some way for you to get through the game easily on just one discipline. Sure, you can easily beat the game as a Hero of Strength. But how is a Hero of the Will going to survive in the early stages?

I go through the game on only one discipline all the time (or sometimes a combination of two). It's how I keep things interesting.

Anyhoo, if you want to get through the game on skill alone, you need to utilize your roll ability...a lot. That way, you can dodge your enemies' attacks, and you won't need a high toughness level. You could also put a ghoul augment on your gun or crossbow to get some health back if you still find that you're loosing too much of it.

As for will, it might be a little bit tougher than strength or skill, but for the very early stages of the game, just keep hitting those bandits with level one spells, and roll around just like you would with a skill-only game. Just be sure you have a weapon out so you can roll. As for later in the game, use time control, raise dead, or chaos to buy yourself time to cast those level 4 and 5 spells.

sassy

isa
Premium
Reaction score

I'm a strength junkie, something about whacking enemies with swords (or katana's in my case) just does it for me. I like the head shots, so I always build up all of the abilities. I never have fully embraced the magic abilities in Fable 2, I find them to be difficult to use even though I will use them on occasion.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score

^^ I agree witcha bro one hundred percent.