• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What next for the franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirsimon

Reaction score
I know this is early to talk about, since it will take months for the talk and hype to die down, but with Fable III, one does ponder on the direction of fable 4.

Lets discuss and chat, like we normally do...on its future

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
I'm worried.. If I'm king then where can I go from there?

I don't want another 500 year time jump. Hopefully PM has some tricks up his sleeve!

sirsimon

Reaction score
I want it to be a prequel, any later than this and theres no point to call it fable, since fables are stories and medieval myths

Danyn

Pokegirl
Reaction score
I want it to be a prequel, any later than this and theres no point to call it fable, since fables are stories and medieval myths
yh i want a prequel too about the "Old Kingdom"

HelloFriend

Reaction score
I don't remember where I read this, but I saw PM mention something about Albion possibly entering WWI times.

sirsimon

Reaction score
if they enter ww1 times, I will leave the franchise, and I will not buy any more games.

Its either old kingdom, the fall of heroes or bust

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
PM said he's got plans for up to 5 or 6, I reckon 4 will be about within 2-3 years
I'd like to see Fable 4 set like 100 years later, Bowerstone set in a dark victorian times, Scythe being like your mentor and Theresa being the bad guy
A Fable RTS like Black and White would be cool :)

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
well. instead of doing down the timeline, why not just branch it off?​
like playing as rose, or a descendant of another hero like garth.​
i would love to see them fill in the gap between f1 and 2 though.​

sirsimon

Reaction score
PM said he's got plans for up to 5 or 6, I reckon 4 will be about within 2-3 years
I'd like to see Fable 4 set like 100 years later, Bowerstone set in a dark victorian times, Scythe being like your mentor and Theresa being the bad guy
A Fable RTS like Black and White would be cool :)

Fable III is set in pre victorian time, it is styled off the Napolenic Wars, which lasted from late 1700s to early 1800s, 1805 being the battle of trafalgar.

If you want fable IV in victorian times, it only needs to be around twenty five years later

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
I mean more like New York in 1860s then, Gangs of New York times

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
Something tells me that whenever the game takes place, they're going to try to incorporate Kinect in some way, which I'm very wary of.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
They could always set fable 4 in a different land at an older time e.g around the fable 1 time period but in samarkand or a new land

IDaves Arms

Reaction score
I think it would be pretty cool having a prequel set in the old kingdom, give more of an insight into the world of Fable....:/

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
I think they could also stick with Auora (?) you know. Just like about Fable 1 times but your in Auora (?)

HelloFriend

Reaction score
I think maybe they could pull of a sort of steam-punk, magic enhanced WWI. I think this could be likely because Aurora kind of seems like it could be the Ottomans (probably done on purpose). But, I think their best bet is an Old Kingdom prequel or a spin off in Samarkand or Aurora.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I would like a prequel as much as the rest of you, but Fable is not a medievel or high fantasy game, it's not! It's an epic story of Albion and its surrounding neighbors and it's a tale through time. The game is, as they say, moving forward and at least for some years, it won't change.

We might get a prequel in the many years to come, but for now the series will keep moving forward like it has through modernization and revolution. I highly doubt Fable IV or even Fable V will be in modern day though and hell, when they finally get that far they might decide to end the franchise altogether.

Twilight

Reaction score
I think the name Fable comes from the word story...Which was heavily emphasized in the first game as seen by the pictures on the walls of the guild of heroes. You could easily argue that that the whole series is a story.

Reaction score
I dunno about yaw but i dam shore am not being an Al-Kietin,(talaban), i say either:

1.you can still be king but something happens like the spire takes everything back into the past.
2.(i really like this one) A whole new branch, new hero and whole new story area and everything.
3.Just like the one above(2) but instead maby your like a relative to the whole family from 1 2 and 3 but your in a new area and stuff.
4.If its going to happen, let it be known i love the medevil, swords armor all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.