• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what will your path be?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: what will your path be?

So your saying you're not evil, and Drakan isn't evil. If calling yourself evil doesn't make you evil then what does? They have done evil things on purpose, which makes them evil. Then they beg for their lives.

And I never said I would kill them, I just said they would beg not to be killed.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;63305 said:
So your saying you're not evil, and Drakan isn't evil. If calling yourself evil doesn't make you evil then what does? They have done evil things on purpose, which makes them evil. Then they beg for their lives.

And I never said I would kill them, I just said they would beg not to be killed.

Thats not what we said, we said 'true' evil would never beg and never care who lived or died even if it was themselves. Oh and i am evil, always and forever and 'true' evil would not lower themselves to show such cowardice as to beg. Simply calling yourself evil means nothing at all...

H

Hexadecimal

droded;63305 said:

NO.
I never said that. Where did I say that?
I said that calling yourself evil does not make you evil.
An evil heart and evil actions makes you evil.
Evil people can call themselves good, does that make them good then?
Is a murderer innocent simply by saying he's innocent?
I could say I'm secretly a talking desk... is that true simply because I say it?
people can call themselves anything, and it means absolutely nothing... actions are what tell the truth...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;63309 said:
NO.
I never said that. Where did I say that?
I said that calling yourself evil does not make you evil.
An evil heart and evil actions makes you evil.
Evil people can call themselves good, does that make them good then?
Is a murderer innocent simply by saying he's innocent?
I could say I'm secretly a talking desk... is that true simply because I say it?
people can call themselves anything, and it means absolutely nothing... actions are what tell the truth...

Again summed up better than i could have put it... :rolleyes:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

You said that calling yourself does not make them evil. Your also saying that 'true' evil people do not beg. Begging is induced by fear, so your saying that 'true' evil people do not fear.
So your saying that when the serial killer Ted Bundy, who raped and murdered scores of women across the united states between 1974 and 1978 had no fear, even though after he was done, he would burn the bodies so that they wouldn't find them.
Ted Bundy put his arm in a cast and ask women to help him carry something to his car, where he would then beat them to death with the cast and spirit them away. He would then bring the body back to his home, where he would perform acts of Necrophilia and then burn the body in his fireplace. He confessed to attempting to incinerate the decapitated head of one of his victims in his girlfriends fireplace.
Bundy also tried to commit suicide, most probably because he was scared of the electric chair.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;63320 said:
You said that calling yourself does not make them evil. Your also saying that 'true' evil people do not beg. Begging is induced by fear, so your saying that 'true' evil people do not fear.
So your saying that when the serial killer Ted Bundy, who raped and murdered scores of women across the united states between 1974 and 1978 had no fear, even though after he was done, he would burn the bodies so that they wouldn't find them.
Ted Bundy put his arm in a cast and ask women to help him carry something to his car, where he would then beat them to death with the cast and spirit them away. He would then bring the body back to his home, where he would perform acts of Necrophilia and then burn the body in his fireplace. He confessed to attempting to incinerate the decapitated head of one of his victims in his girlfriends fireplace.
Bundy also tried to commit suicide, most probably because he was scared of the electric chair.

Begging is a sign of remorse and weakness not necessarily fear that fuels it. 'True' evil people should not have to fear, and we were talking about games not real life. Most people in life fear something as its human nature but thats what adrenaline is for to fight fear, doesnt mean we are going to cry like a girl and beg as soon as we are afraid of something its human nature fight or flight and fight fears and show we are not afraid as fear helps nothing but makes you look weak.

B

blue crow

Dark Drakan;63322 said:
Begging is a sign of remorse and weakness not necessarily fear that fuels it. 'True' evil people should not have to fear, and we were talking about games not real life. Most people in life fear something as its human nature but thats what adrenaline is for to fight fear, doesnt mean we are going to cry like a girl and beg as soon as we are afraid of something its human nature fight or flight and fight fears and show we are not afraid as fear helps nothing but makes you look weak.

So dose that mean i have to fight a clown?

H

Hexadecimal

droded;63320 said:

not really seeing where you're going with all of this...
for one thing there's a difference between evil and mental illness... and sociopathy and psychopathy are mental illnesses... insane people aren't evil, they're insane...

burning bodies to not get caught is just practical if you're in the business of killing people... it has nothing to do with fear... if you get caught, you can't kill again... it's just that simple...

and as for him being scared of the electric chair, that is mere speculation as you have no way of knowing the thoughts and feelings of an insane dead man...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Ahh basking in the discourse mmmm he he he

Evil craves power. Good craves peace. The weak fear both

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

E-vil [ee-vuhl]
–adjective

1.morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.

2.harmful; injurious: evil laws.

3.characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.

4.due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.

5.marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

Are you trying to say that Ted Bundy was not an Evil person?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;63410 said:

Number 1: That wasnt the debate

Number 2: Thats not what was said, however what was said was theres a difference between insanity, mental illness and evil.

H

Hexadecimal

droded;63410 said:
E-vil [ee-vuhl]
–adjective

1.morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.

2.harmful; injurious: evil laws.

3.characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.

4.due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.

5.marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

the original discussion, if you recall, was whether or not an evil person begs...
whether or not Ted Bundy is evil or not has nothing to do with that whatsoever...

(but since you asked, I am saying he was not evil... because he was insane... that's why we have a category of insane... to seperate those who are responsible for their actions, and potentially evil, from those who are not...)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

She was implying that Ted Bundy was not Evil, only mentally ill. Doctors confirmed that Bundy was not mentally ill at all,
Bundy considered himself to be an amateur and impulsive killer in his early years, and then moved into what he considered to be his "prime" or "predator" phase. Bundy stated that this phase began around the time of the Lynda Healy murder, when he began seeking victims equal to his skill as a murderer.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

To me, as a DnD fanatic there are different kinds of Evils:

Lawful Evil

Lawful Evil is the methodical, intentional, and frequently successful devotion to a cruel organized system.
Lawful evil characters methodically take what they want within the limits of their personal code of conduct (which are frequently their laws, as this alignment tends to only work for people in positions of power) without regard for whom it hurts. They care about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. They play by the rules, but do so without mercy or compassion. They are comfortable in a hierarchy and would like to rule, but are willing to serve. They are loath to break promises, and are therefore very cautious about giving their word unless a bargain is clearly in their favour.
This reluctance comes partly from their nature and partly because they depend on order to protect themselves from those who oppose them on moral grounds. Some lawful evil villains have particular taboos, such as not killing in cold blood (but having underlings do it) or not letting children come to harm (if it can be helped). They feel these personal morals put them above unprincipled villains but also know that they are protected by the orderly, systematic structure they exist in.
A ruthless dictator or king who rules with an iron fist and kills those who oppose him (but puts them on trial first), a scheming politician amassing ever greater personal power through underhanded means, and a member of a strict, hierarchical cult that practices human sacrifice and torture are all examples of Lawful Evil characters. Lawful Evil is sometimes called "diabolic" because devilshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_(Dungeons_&_Dragons) are considered the embodiment of Lawful Evil.

Neutral Evil

Neutral Evil is pure pragmatism without honor and without variation.
Neutral evil characters do whatever they can get away with. They are out for themselves, pure and simple. They shed no tears for those they kill, whether for profit, sport, or convenience, and have no love of order. They hold no illusions that following laws, traditions, or codes would make them any better or more noble. On the other hand, they do not possess the restless nature or love of conflict that a chaotic evil villain has.
Some neutral evil villains hold up evil as an ideal, committing evil for its own sake. Most often, such villains are devoted to evil deities or secret societies.
An unscrupulous mercenary fighting for whoever pays him the most, a common thief who simply takes what she wants, or a psychopath who kills without remorse are all examples of Neutral Evil characters.
Neutral Evil is sometimes referred to as the "purest" form of Evil, without bias toward Law or Chaos.
Discussion amongst players of the more recent D&D ruleset argue that Neutral Evil is the most dangerous alignment in the game. While Chaotic Evil is considered a more destructive form of the evil represented in the game, the Neutral Evil character often poses a bigger threat towards the players of the game (either from within or from outside the player group).
Neutral Evil characters can act unpredictably, killing seemingly when they feel like doing so. This can lead to trouble for the party as law enforcement is likely to try and apprehend the offending party member, especially when the rest of the players is not aware of the actions of their Neutral Evil party member.
In some campaigns, when the DM permits, the Neutral Evil character can easily be written out of the story in favor of a new character taking its place, as Neutral Evil characters tend to switch allegiances whenever they see fit. For example, when offered more power and wealth by an opponent of the player party who is in itself a powerful entity, the character might view the switch in allegiance a convenient way of leaving behind the 'weaker' players in an attempt to become more powerful.

Chaotic Evil

Chaotic evil characters do whatever their greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drives them to do. If they are simply out for whatever they can get, they are ruthless and brutal. If they are committed to the spread of evil and chaos, they are even worse. Most prefer to work alone but will sometimes join or form a group which usually doesn't last very long. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together by force or through self-interest, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart assassination attempts.
These characters will commit any act to further their own ends. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the embodiment of chaotic evil.
A ravaging barbarian who lives only to kill, a delusional murderer who kills in a vain attempt to silence his own demons, and a violent and reckless criminal who would stab the back of the man who helped him are all examples of Chaotic Evil characters.

---------------------

So quite frankly, Evil is a hard thing to explain as different people who are "different" kinds of Evil do their evil for different reasons - one is most often never ever Evil simply for the reason to be Evil.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;63427 said:
So quite frankly, Evil is a hard thing to explain as different people who are "different" kinds of Evil do their evil for different reasons - one is most often never ever Evil simply for the reason to be Evil.

Another good answer and a good point, good sections aswel :p

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Ok then explain to me what 'true' evil is then drakan?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;63431 said:
Ok then explain to me what 'true' evil is then drakan?

As Tsuyu pointed out any kind of evil is hard to define as it all depends on the persons desire and reasons for expressing evil in the first place. But 'True' evil in my opinion would be someone who does terrible things not for psychological reasons or because they gain any other pleasure from it except the pure fact they love hurting, and causing others pains in any way they can not just physically but mentally and any way they can whenever they can for no reason at all except for the pure and simple fact they enjoy it. They hold no other people in any regard and only try and better themselves with each evil deed they commit.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Indeed. A "True Evil" person would be one that gets the same feeling of satisfation that some people get from being "good" to people, but gets it while doing "evil" to people.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;63438 said:
Indeed. A "True Evil" person would be one that gets the same feeling of satisfation that some people get from being "good" to people, but gets it while doing "evil" to people.

Simple concept but also very true :thumbsup:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

One could also say a "True Evil" person is one that does Evil for the single reason of being Evil. Now, as I said, this is very rare since most people do Evil for some reason, be it world domination or revenge.

Hitler for example wasn't True Evil in that sense - he had large scale plans that simply built on a concept that was Evil - the Second World War didn't simply happen because he felt like being Evil.