• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would yo want as a mount in Fable 3

what monts wold you want in Fable 3

• a horse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a cow

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • a monster (hobbes, balverine, etc.)

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Fable would suck with mounts and no none will buy it

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score
I want them all!!

I doubt that I would ride anything too much, but one does wonder how those carriages drive themselves in Fable 2 so I guess you do need to have horses. Also it looked kind of like there was going to be war on a rather large scale coming and you would want horses for that I should think.

I actually liked the idea about having a hobbe sidekick, along with my dog of course ( touch the dog and die!). I think it would be really cute but since this thread is about mounting ( and NOT the fun kind) I guess I won't chatter on about that anymore.

Like I said...most likely wouldn't ride anything. The only reason I broke down and got a horse in Oblivion was because I got sick of running around getting lost and not even having anything to fight. Fable is much better when it comes to that and if you are tired of walking just warp...not a big deal.

If I had the opportunity to get a beautiful Albino tiger thrown in there I would ride him all through town baby! Ya know, like from the Heman cartoons. :rolleyes:

Okay so I am showing my age. :( Other then that I would like to ride a Balvarine. Mount that bad boy Gears of War 2 style and create some havoc!

All of that said, I just hope that in adding things like mounts the little things that we have begged for( my stupid spouse wearing what I buy them instead of rags and doors that shut) don't get left behind. Sometimes more is not better...it is just more. I will walk thank you. (with my dog) ;)

M

MBarber87

Re: What would yo want as a mount in Fable 3

I'm very against mounts, always seems like a good idea in theory but the physics are awkward and it's just never worth it.

I love oblivion, i'm embarrassed by how many hours i've spent on that game but i never use the horses, it's just not worth it.

If fable 2 felt like there was something missing then yes, horses. But there is no issue with travel at all.

Horses could work, but they might also not work, so why take the risk. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

X

Xeon

Being able to temporally tame a balvarine would be cool

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

im against mounts but if you had to have one then im rootin for a pig like the statue in bowerstone

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

A Big fat man.

X

Xeon

AON of Greatnes;336447 said:
im against mounts but if you had to have one then im rootin for a pig like the statue in bowerstone

Albion is a weird place, maybe pigs are the main form of transportation :p

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

i acually wouldn't mind riding a balverine. thats acually a pretty good idea, they can also be used as a weapon like running into a bandit and letting the balverine kill the bandit.

Balverine > Horse now.

LadyOnyaneese

Take my hand if you dare
Reaction score

Give me a balvarine Brumak style and let me loose in Bowerstone! Hell yeah!!!!

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score

Zombievomit;335744 said:
list in this topic what mounts do u think would be cool in Fable 3 or do u not want mounts?

1.a throne carried by hobbes
2. a flying broom
3. and a hobbe on the back of your dog that jousts or shoots enemies (uber awsome)

wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaattttttttttttttttt....

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

I think I get.
Zombievomit's post

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

I don't understand why some people would be so adamantly against mounts. Clearly more people want them, and it's simply adding another option to the game and essentially making it "bigger". The most successful game series are the ones that constantly grow larger and more detailed.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Terminal Hapiness;337302 said:
I don't understand why some people would be so adamantly against mounts. Clearly more people want them, and it's simply adding another option to the game and essentially making it "bigger". The most successful game series are the ones that constantly grow larger and more detailed.
Yeah well the thing is:
It can not grow larger and more detailed.
That would mean endless loading screens :(
For instance: take Fable II and remove all the loading screens between the regions (free roam) - but keep the graphics and details - it's impossible as it.
It will have to wait till next,next-gen consoles or maybe even next,next,next-gen o_O

A mount is nice and all, but it wouldn't work with Fable's loading screens, treasure hunting, digging, combat and dungeon exploration.

Mount up - oh a balverine I have to kill - dismount
Mount - Woof! huh? my dog found a dig spot! - dismount
Mount - WOOF! eh? there was a treasure chest too? - dismount
Mount - Loading Region - Automatic dismount!?
Mount - Pewpew random bandit attack, can't attack on horseback - dismount
Mount - Wait this isn't the region I wanted to go to gogo fasttravel! - dismount

Fable IV could have mounts .. maybe?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

You could easily fight from horseback, using melee and ranged combat, and Will. Many games allow you to do that. And if you went from one region to another while on horseback, why would you have to dismount? You don't have to in Assassin's Creed. A horse in Fable 3 would be exactly like Assassin's Creed horses in that aspect. And sure, you'd have to get off your horse to get something from a chest or a dig spot, but that's about the only thing you'd have to dismount for. Not to mention the option of flying right by them if you don't want to be bothered with them, which I do a lot in TLC and Fable 2 anyway.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The only mount I'd want would be Theresa. :ninja:

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

That is horrifying in so many ways... :hmm:

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

hippos would make better mounts, or bulls

Z

zalp

i dont want any mounts i think a pet dog is enough, dont get too crazy with ideas :eek:

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;338141 said:
Yeah well the thing is:
It can not grow larger and more detailed.
That would mean endless loading screens :(
For instance: take Fable II and remove all the loading screens between the regions (free roam) - but keep the graphics and details - it's impossible as it.
It will have to wait till next,next-gen consoles or maybe even next,next,next-gen o_O

A mount is nice and all, but it wouldn't work with Fable's loading screens, treasure hunting, digging, combat and dungeon exploration.

Mount up - oh a balverine I have to kill - dismount
Mount - Woof! huh? my dog found a dig spot! - dismount
Mount - WOOF! eh? there was a treasure chest too? - dismount
Mount - Loading Region - Automatic dismount!?
Mount - Pewpew random bandit attack, can't attack on horseback - dismount
Mount - Wait this isn't the region I wanted to go to gogo fasttravel! - dismount

Fable IV could have mounts .. maybe?

A lot of games already allow mounted combat. It's not a difficult concept. You don't seem to really know the processing power of current consoles, which is higher than you think.

Also, your list is kinda bull****. The only 2 things you'd have to actually dismount for were treasures and dig spots. The loading screens comment also doesn't make sense, Fable's world is divided up into relatively tiny sections as it is.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

^^ if u had a balverine mount, ( which i think would be pretty cool ) u could train the balverine, and get him to dig up while on his back. and i agree, his list is bull****

his list should seems to think that fable is going to copy oblivion's horseriding option.

Status
Not open for further replies.