• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's the point

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
//me cross posts from fable3mod forum//

I complained about it on IRC but I'll also complain about it here.
I'm really lacking motivation here. The amount of people interesting in making tools, the amount of people interested in low/high level modding. I just don't see the point in continuing.

Maybe posting gameplay changes people would like to see will help. (But I doubt it)

1)Stripping the story out. Going for purely sandbox.

It's something many have tried with Fable 1 with minimal success. But it should be completely possible with the quest scripts outside the exe this time around.

I'd like to expand this further by having society roles when creating a character.

Start as a a begger, or a king. A hero or a trader/merchant.
With gameplay changes based on each. Let stat's play a better role in what your able to do. Bring back Guile as a stat. Having guile would certainly help as a king or trader.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Sounds like some interesting ideas you have got there. In what way could you integrate Guile back into the game then do you think? Liking the sandbox idea too but id imagine that will be a lot of work.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
Sounds like some interesting ideas you have got there. In what way could you integrate Guile back into the game then do you think? Liking the sandbox idea too but id imagine that will be a lot of work.

Theivery and Dialogue. :)
People with a silver tongue would obviously get better dialogue than those that don't.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Theivery and Dialogue. :)
People with a silver tongue would obviously get better dialogue than those that don't.

Ah i see, well that makes a lot of sense and would give players more freedom of choice and skills that actually have a big effect on the game.

Dentie

Reaction score
I wish I could help you with making tools to mod the game and other things but I lack the computer skills to do that :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thievery would be a good one. Sneaking around and getting stealth kills, stealing stuffs and getting better deals at the market without prancing around with shopkeepers, wonder why they took out guile to begin with.

I think stealth kills and such are really underused in games. Not everyone wants to be a powerhouse and wade through enemies. Noticed it in Oblivion when replaying that too, took all your time approaching a target unseen only to be given a small attack damage bonus for your trouble. Should be a slit throat option or silent takedown. One of the reasons i liked the look of the Deadly Reflex Mod.

JohnDoe said:
I should hope not, I'm hoping it will be as easy as it was with TLC where we could just kill the gameflow for a glitchy and incomplete sandbox. With Fable 3 we have access to all the scripts that were hardcoded in TLC, so we can do a lot more with it this time around. Something I'm looking forward to.

Well thats good news, i thought it would require much more work than that.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I would love to mod but I'm a dumbass and need tools first. like fable explorer and chocolate box, or at least Albion explorer, so eventually, once it gets figured out, I will dust off my copy of the game and mod.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I don't care as much about Fable 3 to want to attempt to mod, they lost their allure for me, and I probably don't have a computer good enough for that.