• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where Should Grand Theft Auto Go Next?

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

sfroggy1news.gif

GTAVmock.jpg

We know that Rockstar North is developing Agent, the PlayStation 3 exclusive title announced two years ago at E3. It doesn't take an industry analyst to tell you that a second team at Rockstar North is also working on a new Grand Theft Auto title, presumably Grand Theft Auto V.

For the last two console generations, we've seen appearances of Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas. So far, in this console generation, we've only seen Liberty City, but there have been hints of Vice City. Will Rockstar continue recycling the same locales for this generation, or will the series branch off in a new direction? Personally, I wouldn't mind returning to a sun-soaked setting, but at the same time, it would be interesting to see what Rockstar would offer outside of what we've already seen. How about taking the series to Tokyo, Australia, or Amsterdam? Now that I think about it, Grand Theft Auto: Australia sounds like the greatest thing ever, especially if the outback resembles Red Dead Redemption's open plains...and if we're allowed to play as someone like Crocodile Dundee.

So, where do you see the series going next? Do you want more of the same, or would you rather see Rockstar North dive into new territory?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Where Should Grand Theft Auto Go Next?

Vice City and back into the 80s? Being an 80s lover myself, I sure wouldn't mind seeing that.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

Didn't we already discuss this? Atlantis!

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Well they've done the other cities on the next generation, so I say finish the revamp of the series with GTA London!

But personally, in a new direction I'd like to say one word, Prison.

A Gta game set entirely in prison, start off with being innocent or it being an accident, end up throw in jail for something you don't commitor didn't mean to yadda, yadda, yadda. And while in jail you have to adapt and become a horrible criminal type chap, just to survive of course....

Then at the end you get out something happens, irony yes, but will the character be that criminal or forget it happened?

But who knows, I'd like to see it branch off from the original cities, and go slightly like they did with red dead, a shorter game! I hate the length of GTA games...

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Star Wars.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Relinquished Reality;405896 said:
Didn't we already discuss this? Atlantis!

lmao ! thought i'd get everyone else's point of view but we both know the truth :p

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I would love to do Vice City again, but would much prefer San Andreas.

Or if they decide to keep the same radio stations as before... Oh hell yes. VIIIICE CIIIIITY!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Vice City was my favourite city. If they expand on that, great. It'll be fantastic.