• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which comes first? DLC or Patch? (More inside...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
So what do you all have bets on?

Personally, I have the simple idea in a checklist. As if Lionhead has.

1. Promise Patch with DLC. CHECK
2. Finish the DLC. CHECK
3. Finish the Patch after DLC.
4. Get complaints with the DLC. (It isn't out already but...) CHECK
5. Hold off Patch to address issues with DLC.

And on a related subject, is anyone holding off the DLC till the patch like I am? I would actually give in if I knew LH would stay with their promises, but that is my theory (above) and I am cautious.

And did anyone see about how the DLC is against the User Agreement? Some won't go cross-profiles like it should and most people on the LH forums are going off to LIVE support and escalating the situation.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Dunno...the stuffs pretty reasonably priced by my figures. Plus I think LH deserves the props so I bought the DLC, and it doesn't hurt that LH never failed a promise made to me so I have no resentment towards them.

I'm not sure what holding off would accomplish but it's not like there's anything exceptional out ATM.

Though I really like the industrial armor and black dye...

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Dunno...the stuffs pretty reasonably priced by my figures. Plus I think LH deserves the props so I bought the DLC, and it doesn't hurt that LH never failed a promise made to me so I have no resentment towards them.

I'm not sure what holding off would accomplish but it's not like there's anything exceptional out ATM.

Though I really like the industrial armor and black dye...
Well they are expecting for a bunch of people to get the Understone Quest DLC pack. I do too, but everyone is starting to get fed up. It isn't just about promises or anything. They are proving that they are taking bits and pieces out of the game to make some money. It would of just been more logical if they left the Wheel of Misfortune and Shooting Range in the release copy of the game instead of DLC. Dyes are purposely already made. So yeah...

Recycled Human

Reaction score
I don't know much about how dlc works but I've heard that Microsoft and marketing are responsible for the travesties with regards to cutting stuff that should have been left in. I don't think anyone can make a case for LH in regards to the dye pack...but if M$ said 'make another dlc' and they didn't want to rush it they probably just picked something they knew would sell...beats me.

Anyway, I can understand why people are fed up.

Zangash

Reaction score
I'm not going to buy the DLC at first just so I can see what doesn't come with it. Will the Wheel of Misfortune be watered down and sucky compared to the story mode version? Probably. Will the final decision that has "Two very different consequences for Understone" really have all that much of an effect? Not likely. I'm just going to wait and see.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I don't know much about how dlc works but I've heard that Microsoft and marketing are responsible for the travesties with regards to cutting stuff that should have been left in. I don't think anyone can make a case for LH in regards to the dye pack...but if M$ said 'make another dlc' and they didn't want to rush it they probably just picked something they knew would sell...beats me.

Anyway, I can understand why people are fed up.
Well Lionhead could of made a just statement. And all I am really looking for is just getting something from LH telling us that it was cut for "this reason", I would be fine, and many others would be too. But past them not releasing a statement on something damn near obvious... yeah...

And what LH did with the User Agreement was actually illegal. That is why I brought it up.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
I'm not going to buy the DLC at first just so I can see what doesn't come with it. Will the Wheel of Misfortune be watered down and sucky compared to the story mode version? Probably. Will the final decision that has "Two very different consequences for Understone" really have all that much of an effect? Not likely. I'm just going to wait and see.
Well I am gonna get suckered in because of the new legendaries. So I'll give in eventually...

And I agree with what you said 110%. I don't expect too much anymore so we will see.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
I'm just glad to have the shooting range back, hopefully it still requires skill!

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Lolwut? Skill? It was pretty easy. In Fable 2 I got 821 points first try. Getting the Red Dragon was more than simple.

Ah, I anticipated getting this response. Congratulations to you and I anticipate also that this shooting range will pose no challenge to you either. I have no shame in saying in my six playthroughs of fable 2 I recall sitting in front of my TV frustrated that I couldn't get the red dragon Pre renovation. I probably racked up 12 hours sitting in front of my TV like that all together so if they didn't change it then the shooting range will still be a challenge for me.

I did manage to get the red dragon on all characters with roughly 2 hours per.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
Ah, I anticipated getting this response. Congratulations to you and I anticipate also that this shooting range will pose no challenge to you either. I have no shame in saying in my six playthroughs of fable 2 I recall sitting in front of my TV frustrated that I couldn't get the red dragon Pre renovation. I probably racked up 12 hours sitting in front of my TV like that all together so if they didn't change it then the shooting range will still be a challenge for me.

I did manage to get the red dragon on all characters with roughly 2 hours per.
Why thank you. I hope it will actually require some type of strategy of some sort. And I wish you best of luck as well. I am sorry it took that much time and effort into that to get a weapon. But me, a major fan of First Person Shooters, must of made simple ease.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Nice! My gf had a much harder time of it, I had to help her out with it and that was frustrating too! But yeah Seems it was tough for lots of people. Guess I need to brush up on my fps!

Faedil

Reaction score
seems to me that extra game content (new maps, new quests, new regions, etc) is getting more and more common. i think its less a matter of "cutting out parts of the game to make money" and more of a "we planned from the beginning to offer new content after the initial release" without being part of the development team, not one of us can say with certainty that the new DLC content was "cut" from the original game. perhaps lionhead has more DLC to offer us in the form of new areas/quest lines and had always planned to release them to us now and again. maybe microsoft required them to cut part of the game for a DLC to force players to spend money. ive gotten to the point were i just accept it as a fact of life. if a game is worth it, ill buy the extra content. if the initial release of the game doesnt impress me, then the developers failed and wont get my extra money. Now, i WONT be buying the DLC if some major glitches arent fixed in a patch soon. No point in me spending money on extra content when the base game has so many problems.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get through Fable III relatively unharmed by bugs (the occasional lag here or there, but nothing game breaking), and since I retrospectively disliked it, I probably wont be picking it up again, DLC or not.

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, either a DEV team member or a moderator over at Lionhead said the patch was in certification(passing through MS). I will have to find it again for the source though.

Edit:The Patch will come out around(+ or - 3 days) the Understone release.

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
If i'm not mistaken, either a DEV team member or a moderator over at Lionhead said the patch was in certification(passing through MS). I will have to find it again for the source though.

Edit:The Patch will come out around(+ or - 3 days) the Understone release.
Well it didn't come from PM so that is pretty cool.

Syth: Changing it so I will hear the end of it.

Apollo

Leonardo XII
Reaction score
Well it didn't come from PM so that is pretty cool.

Syth: Changing it so I will hear the end of it.
It was said by either the DEV or Moderator there, that apparently Understone was released intentionally but it had a lot of bugs. So they recalled it, and decided to release the Patch and DLC out at the same time(to fix bugs in the game and DLC).

Status
Not open for further replies.