• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is your Hero?

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
My hero was my cousin, before he became a methhead hillbilly dickface. i would say my uncle Jere (eekoseon if you on WoW)

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
What is your cousin's name? I know a methhead hillbilly dickface too!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i really don't understand people who idolize their fathers. :/
i mean, it seems a lot of you do so i may be the odd one here, but i've always tried my hardest to be unlike my father.
there isn't anything wrong with the guy, but from a pretty early age i saw that where he was in life wasn't where i want to be. the guys gone to medical school, but he's working for a friends company (through a called in favor), he lives with his parents again, and he's divorced.

there's nothing wrong with him, but for being who he is he just never really became an adult. if i set that as my standard for what a grown up man should be, it wouldn't be healthy at all. as much as i hate to admit it, you end up like your dad in a lot of ways whether you like it or not. we both have problems keeping priorities in order.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I have no hero.

I am like my father in the sense that I am a perfectionist and mostly amoral.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
i really don't understand people who idolize their fathers. :/
I don't, he is obnoxious, a close minded bigot, the kind of guy who makes plans six months in advance then gets ****ed when they fall through because he sets them up too far ahead, incapable of coping with simple problems (i.e Forgot to buy something for a party? I would go back and buy it, he will spend five minutes saying 'damn it' and thinking of a solution.) and is generally ignorant even though he has a job that uses heavy scientific knowledge.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
You mean like an Idol?
I've got nothin':/

Well I guess my mom's pretty amazing - raising three kids all by herself while taking care of a farm and doing her job as a teacher.
I admire her, and I love her <3

(Bring on the Mom jokes?)
Jonathon Flynn.....
Isn't that the voice actor for Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2 and 4?

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
Personally: my father, now dead, but still my hero.

Famous: Zakk Wylde, like a guitar playing, beer drinking version of my father that says Fvck alot. and he is 9 or so year younger than my dad would be.

As these are my heroes if you knew anything about my father or zakk wylde (some of you do.) you would easily be able to conclude that I am a metalhead, in the process of growing long hair :p that I like Motorcycles (harley davidson and indian being the only REAL motorcycles.) and that I am not a small guy.

Mr Fable

Playing Fable III
Reaction score
Jim Carrey is my hero he's so funny !!!!! I WANT TO MEET HIM :)

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score
I can't say I've ever really looked up to anyone specific, but I have a sincere appreciation and respect for the kind of people who always have a kind word to say and will help someone out without a second thought. It may sound silly, but these are the people who can make a person's crappy day seem a little bit better, and those everyday little things count a lot in my book.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
Ben Finn is kool. He is a smartass like ME!!! :p

Cain

Reaction score
Seriously? You call these guys your heroes because you like certain aspects. This is talking about people you admire, whose acts, no matter what they are, inspire you to be like them. My Grandfather was in the army, for about 20 years. He should've been sergeant by then, but he rejected all promotions, because he didn't care about leading men. That way of aspiring to do duty, but never asking to be anything more than a soldier, inspires me to be like him.I don't plan on joining the army and rejecting promotions, but as long as I end doing a job i enjoy, and never ask for anything more than I need, I can be like him in a little way.
Now if you like a fictional character, or a comedian, fine, but think about why they are your heroes. Does he have qualities you idolise, or do you admire his achievements. Think about it first.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Seriously? You call these guys your heroes because you like certain aspects. This is talking about people you admire, whose acts, no matter what they are, inspire you to be like them. My Grandfather was in the army, for about 20 years. He should've been sergeant by then, but he rejected all promotions, because he didn't care about leading men. That way of aspiring to do duty, but never asking to be anything more than a soldier, inspires me to be like him.I don't plan on joining the army and rejecting promotions, but as long as I end doing a job i enjoy, and never ask for anything more than I need, I can be like him in a little way.
Now if you like a fictional character, or a comedian, fine, but think about why they are your heroes. Does he have qualities you idolise, or do you admire his achievements. Think about it first.
Uhm, most people here say that they don't consider the ones they look up to, ''heroes''. Some of the recent posts say they like certain people, because of single aspects, but they don't say ''This is my hero''. I understand your message perfectly, but it certainly doesn't apply to all people here. ;)

Cain

Reaction score
If you read certain words in my post and then read certain posts on this page, and you will understand who my post was aimed at. I should've been clearer, but I don't like to pick people out, I was just asking those people if they understood if they could explain in a bit more detail. This is a good thread, and a blunt single sentence answer dosen't give me any insight into why you think they are your heroes or why you admire them to a degree.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
If you read certain words in my post and then read certain posts on this page, and you will understand who my post was aimed at. I should've been clearer, but I don't like to pick people out, I was just asking those people if they understood if they could explain in a bit more detail. This is a good thread, and a blunt single sentence answer dosen't give me any insight into why you think they are your heroes or why you admire them to a degree.
Fair enough, now that I you're not talking in general.

Crono

Radical Dreamer
Reaction score
Droded is my hero, wherever he may be.
hmm.gif

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
My hero fell to mortality, I no longer see anyone as an idol.

Cynical yes, but it made me realise they're only human, humans with flaws and dirty toenails.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My hero fell to mortality, I no longer see anyone as an idol.

Cynical yes, but it made me realise they're only human, humans with flaws and dirty toenails.

Woah...that's deep man...real deep.

Nightwishes

Reaction score
This is gonna sound so cliched but what the hell it's the truth...
i would have to say my heroes are Christopher Paolini (author of the Inheritance Cycle) simply because i can get lost in his books and shut out the real world. Call me a nerd, a loser, whatever but i LOVE his books, they allow me to escape and just live in my own little world where anything can happen and there are no bullies, stresses etc to haunt me.

My other hero would be Tuomas Holopainen (composer, lyricist and keyboardist from the band Nightwish) because his beautiful lyrics and awe-inspiring music always cheers me up. Whenever i'm having a hard time i know Nightwish and Mr Holopainen's fantastic music will always be there for me >_< cheesy i know but as i said, it's the truth and i don't care :)