• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why are there so many hollow men? (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
I've been playing Fable 3 for a while now, and there is something that just bugs me. Why are hollow men the most common ennemy? Fable 2 had this problem too. The ratio of hollow men to anything else is just baffling. Most of the sidequests I've done so far had hollow men exclusively or in the majority to kill. I don't mind killing undead, but why so many?

It's like they thought: oh, we need some monsters here, how about some hollow men?

They need to create some new monsters. Making skeletons fly apart loses its appeal fairly quickly.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score
Yeah slightly annoying although if you go up in the hills its all balverines...

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
The crazy amounts of enemies are even breaking the canon of the game.

White Balverines and hollowmen shouldn't be able to spawn during the day! The White Balvs' are human at that point!!

Gaaarrhhhhhhhhh!!!! Nerdrage!

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
Seriously?

I LOVE using a successful full powered Flourished when TONS of hollowmen are around you. Especially with a large weapon, and you spin around.

Reaction score
I've been playing Fable 3 for a while now, and there is something that just bugs me. Why are hollow men the most common ennemy? Fable 2 had this problem too. The ratio of hollow men to anything else is just baffling. Most of the sidequests I've done so far had hollow men exclusively or in the majority to kill. I don't mind killing undead, but why so many?

It's like they thought: oh, we need some monsters here, how about some hollow men?

They need to create some new monsters. Making skeletons fly apart loses its appeal fairly quickly.
Hollow men are only in the secluded region of around morningwood, and thats about it? Dont see what your talking about
Yeah slightly annoying although if you go up in the hills its all balverines...
Not for me hahah, balverines are everywere, with the only pepeeve i have is that namdits and balverines attack mill fields, why? i mean why does something have to attack millfields its post ti be peacefull, and kinda bothers me when i got to worry about my family(2nd family) there.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

I agree with this so much. Lionhead got REALLY lazy with this game.

r1ckyr4y

Reaction score
I have to agree with you, blazefire you must be in some serious denial. There arent any new enemies, Im not saying scrap all the old ones but jesus Im sick of fighting Hollowmen all the time!

Modern Algebra

Chesty's Best Friend
Reaction score
I'd rather fight hollowmen then the army hobbes. Annoying buggers.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy that satisfying sound the game makes when you just kill like 5 hollowmen at once with a single flourish?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I'd rather fight hollowmen then the army hobbes. Annoying buggers.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy that satisfying sound the game makes when you just kill like 5 hollowmen at once with a single flourish?

I'd rather fight something entirely new.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Sand Furies, Wolves (Even though er... nvm take that one off), Sand Guardians, Other sand bird things

The Sand Furies were essentially humans in a leather outfit. Wolves? No. The dark creatures were the only thing new and that got old quick.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
Hollow men are only in the secluded region of around morningwood, and thats about it? Dont see what your talking about

Not for me hahah, balverines are everywere, with the only pepeeve i have is that namdits and balverines attack mill fields, why? i mean why does something have to attack millfields its post ti be peacefull, and kinda bothers me when i got to worry about my family(2nd family) there.
Yeah, what is up with that? Whenever I fast travel to millfields there are always either mercs or balvarines running a muck trying to kill anyone they see.

BowerstoneInFlames

Anarchist In Training
Reaction score
hmm mine doesn't have that problem with the mercs or balverines, when ever I pass through Millfields there are none in sight around the population, only up in the mountains I find the occassional group.

Fable 3 FTW

Reaction score

I led my children into the hills and waited for balverines, once they came I ran away suspecting I would have a laugh and I turned my back for one second and looked back and they were gone... clearly Garth had it with my wife and they are magical :ermm:

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
White Balverines and hollowmen shouldn't be able to spawn during the day! The White Balvs' are human at that point!!

Gaaarrhhhhhhhhh!!!! Nerdrage!

Balverines shouldn't even be human, fable 1 balverines>all others.

I agree on the excessive amount of hollowmen though, I don't even like hollowmen I preferred f1's undead. And there aren't any trolls in this game either sadface(well what I've seen so far)

The sand furies and minions are a nice touch, really hated that robot in Understone. And I wish they'd bring the faeries back. :(

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
i liked all the balverines at first, but the white balverines are annoying, and arent very canon.
i preferred it when mistpeak was full with wolves.

and hollowmen are soo annoying!!!!
i never even get a chance to kill them, they just swarm around me and attack me so im stuck repeatedly in the recoil animation because i never get to fight them. its like impossible to flourish against them.

i like the shadow birds since they are easy, but the sentinels seem too annoying to fight since one was even classed as a boss.

they seriously need alot more monsters. there seems to be the same amount, or even less than fable 2.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Too many Hollow Men, not enough Hobbes. 'nuff said. Hobbes are hilarious.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I hate those caster hobbes though, those guys are annoying.
The only reason i hate hollowmen is because they make the hero weapons look like garbage if thats all you've been fighting. I had to reload like 6 times before I got decent looking bases for my weapons for weapon upgrade lvl 2. Bone morphs are awful :(

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I hate those caster hobbes though, those guys are annoying.
The only reason i hate hollowmen is because they make the hero weapons look like garbage if thats all you've been fighting. I had to reload like 6 times before I got decent looking bases for my weapons for weapon upgrade lvl 2. Bone morphs are awful :(

Yeah. Main reason why I hate Hollow Men is that ****ing morph.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
The fire gauntlet bandits are the worst, why do they even have magic they're meant to be brutish bandits and they all just look like saker.... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.