• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Witcher 3 to get 16 free DLC's

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
image_326508_fit_940.jpg

Meant to post this when it was first announced but never got around to it, however CD Projekt Red have announced that they will release 16 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DLC packs for free to every player. They will release two DLC packs each week, starting February 25, and all of them will free to anyone who owns the game, regardless of the version they purchase.

The first two packs, the Temerian Armor Set - "horse armor included" - and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt, will be released on February 25, after which DLC packs will come in pairs on a weekly basis.

"The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game's main characters - Yennefer of Vengerberg," explained the developer.

SOURCE - CVG

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Wasn't a Pc player and never played these games, how are they I hear they are awesome. Are they like dragon age? I might get it for my sister because it looks similar to me.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I remember hearing that they don't believe in paying for DLC. This is cool. 16 is a lot! I wonder how extensive they'll be

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Wasn't a Pc player and never played these games, how are they I hear they are awesome. Are they like dragon age? I might get it for my sister because it looks similar to me.

Combat is closer to a blend of Fable/Assassins Creed style and story is very dark and adult (so depends on sisters age) and has multiple branching paths based on your decisions. I didnt play the first as it was PC exclusive and my PC wouldnt run it but I played the 2nd on my 360 and thought it was great. There is a whole side of the story I havent seen yet in the 2nd as your decisions change the entire middle of the game.

I remember hearing that they don't believe in paying for DLC. This is cool. 16 is a lot! I wonder how extensive they'll be

Some will be small things like items/clothes/beards/Hairstyles/weapons etc and a couple of quest ones in there and working on a handful of bigger ones apparently too. I did have to laugh at the Horse Armour one...

CD Projekt Red are one of the few developers who remain committed to the gamers and not the cash they make.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Combat is closer to a blend of Fable/Assassins Creed style and story is very dark and adult (so depends on sisters age) and has multiple branching paths based on your decisions. I didnt play the first as it was PC exclusive and my PC wouldnt run it but I played the 2nd on my 360 and thought it was great. There is a whole side of the story I havent seen yet in the 2nd as your decisions change the entire middle of the game.

NUDITY BABY! .. But yeah, I've only played the 2nd Witcher game as well (PC) and have really enjoyed it. To add onto your comparisons it does also share the deep conversations and dialogue trees of ME/DA, along with Dragon Age's sense of roleplaying. 3rd one looks like it'll be raising the bar even further on that front. My only gripe with the game was the microscopic text and frustrating map waypoints, or lack thereof in fact.. running around in circles with vague objectives is not cool.

Otherwise wholeheartedly recommend.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My only gripe with the game was the microscopic text and frustrating map waypoints, or lack thereof in fact.. running around in circles with vague objectives is not cool.

Otherwise wholeheartedly recommend.

Text wasnt bad on my TV but yeah the lack of objective markers and sometimes not knowing exactly what it was you were looking for was a pain. Luckily the game was pretty linear and not too large of an area to roam at any one time so with some trial and error you normally stumbled across those things. Hoping its fixed for the open world in The Witcher 3 though as that could cause some problems.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Ciri is The Witcher 3's mystery playable character

A descendant in a long-lost Elven-blood lineage, Ciri plays an important role in the Witcher lore -- a powerful, living weapon capable of both healing and destroying the world she inhabits.

Adding Ciri as a playable character unlocks quite a few narrative possibilities for the team, though while Ciri is a major character, she is not a playable character in the same way as Geralt -- the game is still about him, his story and how you, as the player, choose to face the choices and encounters in front of you.

As Ciri is pursued by the Wild Hunt, a cavalcade of ghastly riders capable of unspeakable destruction, as well as the mighty Empire of Nilfgaard, it's down to Geralt to explore The Witcher 3's vast, open world to find her before anyone else does.

With such a deep and developed plot, CD Projekt RED decided that introducing another character and telling parts of the story from her perspective would greatly benefit the overall experience.

2758965-witcher3.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The Witcher 3 Dev on Making a Stand Against Paid DLC

CD Projekt co-founder and joint CEO Marcin Iwiński had the following to say on their DLC plan and why they are releasing so much for free...

''Because people just paid full price for our game,We owe them. Yeah, we are making a statement, We, as gamers, would like to be treated this way, 'Hey, give me free DLC.' It doesn't have to be something huge. And I'm saying we aren't giving out huge stuff, we aren't giving tens of hours of storyline here, we are giving small bits of pieces that don't cost a lot. And I think people would feel better about our game, and, so, they will enjoy the adventure even more. Then maybe the ones who thought about pirating would not pirate it, Maybe the ones who wanted to trade it back and get something else will keep it on the shelf. That'd be great, I would like this to happen and if not that's fine as well. I hope they'll have fun.”

FULL INTERVIEW IN LINK ABOVE