• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Without Kinnect

JesiikaLeah

Reaction score
I dont have a kinnect and wasnt planning on getting one but I love fable :) could the new game be played without a kinnect?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
From the looks of things, nope. Purely a Kinect exclusive.

JesiikaLeah

Reaction score
Its not fair I cant really afford it and there simply isnt enough room in my room for it :(

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Its not fair I cant really afford it and there simply isnt enough room in my room for it :(

I agree, I too am unable to make anymore room for such a device and my money is becoming more and more tight. It's a title I'll have to either pass up on or see if one of my friends will get it and invite me over for.

JesiikaLeah

Reaction score
Me too :( hopefully soon after they will bring one out which isnt for the kinnect :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Me too :( hopefully soon after they will bring one out which isnt for the kinnect :D

The inevitable Fable IV id imagine but doubt it will be released that soon.

JesiikaLeah

Reaction score
:( oh well i havent played fable 2 yet i started on fable 3 lol so i have that to go to while i wait lol :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
:( oh well i havent played fable 2 yet i started on fable 3 lol so i have that to go to while i wait lol :)

Not to mention all the fantastic games being released this year too.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Just a suggestion- keep an eye on places like Overstock. A friend of mine was able to find the slim model 250 with the Kinect for nearly $30. Might be a good option...

That sounds crazy. I find myself often avoiding deals that are too good to possibly be true (without some catch).

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Prices for the Kinect are dropping like crazzzzzyyyy in Southeast Asia... Hopefully it does so on your side of the world. Besides, even if you don't get the kinect, you're not gonna miss much. The Journey won't have a lot of important info regarding the Fable storyline. You're essentially going from one end of Albion to the other. No detours, no side quests, no random Albion folk (I hope).

gamer 117

Reaction score
it really wouldn't to buy a kinect JUST because you want journey because most kinect game are pretty much rip offs of wii games.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
it really wouldn't to buy a kinect JUST because you want journey because most kinect game are pretty much rip offs of wii games.

Well, most... Child of Eden is an exception to this rule. It came out on the kinect before the Move, and has no plans for Wii. Its a really awesome game! Showcases how the kinect can be placed alongside controllers in the gaming world.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
why is the game on kenct if it was compatble i be happy

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
I hate companies wanting to remove controllers from the equation. However, as a game designer, I see that there is serious possibilities for Kinect to be used with controllers. Avatar personalization, Menus, Minigames, Appropriate Quick-Time Events... But, I digress.

Deicide•Division

Fable and Zelda, thats all...
Reaction score
I hate companies wanting to remove controllers from the equation. However, as a game designer, I see that there is serious possibilities for Kinect to be used with controllers. Avatar personalization, Menus, Minigames, Appropriate Quick-Time Events... But, I digress.
I share your pain brother.... I don't want to adjust to the kinect even though it is cool and all, but i just don't think fable was made to be experienced on the kinect. It ruins the whole adventure of the game.... :/