• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WTF I beat it already....

R

Rubnwonout

WTF I beat it already....

I didn't even see it coming. Game went to fast and I took my time about it. The game was way to easy and too short.

What was the point of tales of Albion? I didn't see references in the game really.

Will not buy fable 3.

J

Jiin

Re: WTF I beat it already....

the point to the game was exploration and building a world in your image. if you didnt take the time to see the world and do the side quests to see the effects it hason the world, then you missed the point to the game. i had 79 hours played before completing the game

like PM said, if your a casual gamer the game will be fun - but he did not mention it would be a lengthly story.

although the one thing i was truly dissapointed with was PM said that Fable 2's story would be a story you would not forget.

eh?

i forgot the story while playing the game, the story was extremely lame and pointless

anain12

Reaction score

The story was a lil' hard to follow but OK. And the game could have been longer. I will not buy fable 3 because i think the second of all games is the best.

J

Jiin

definately a rental next time.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Rubnwonout;231099 said:
I didn't even see it coming. Game went to fast and I took my time about it. The game was way to easy and too short.

What was the point of tales of Albion? I didn't see references in the game really.

Will not buy fable 3.

Hmmm, Ok I ran into a lot of references, and statements by npc's referring to TLC. My first game has over 50 hours, and it's still not done with all the sidequest, that lead to other sidequest. It's endless to me. I don't always listen to Theresa, I go off and battle bandits with the guards in the woods, and then go rescue people from slavers.:unsure:
I will get Fable 3 as soon as it's released, I love this game.:wub:
That's my opinion.:)
PS- the battles in the basements of certain palaces, and temples are so cool.:cool:

R

Rubnwonout

Jiin;231102 said:
the point to the game was exploration and building a world in your image. if you didnt take the time to see the world and do the side quests to see the effects it hason the world, then you missed the point to the game. i had 79 hours played before completing the game

like PM said, if your a casual gamer the game will be fun - but he did not mention it would be a lengthly story.

although the one thing i was truly dissapointed with was PM said that Fable 2's story would be a story you would not forget.

eh?

i forgot the story while playing the game, the story was extremely lame and pointless

My original post said I took my time. 79 hours, no that sure is alot for a game that has only been out 2 weeks.

I did a lot of the side quests and own a lot of the property. Well on my way. But the main quests, were a joke. I didn't expect the end to come so quick and EASY.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Still amuses me how people always feel that games are always about the core story. With Fable this couldn't be further from the truth. Try not to look at it like a game with this main plot thing- look on it as a life simulator with a centre piece story that only plays a small role in the overall game itself. I could C&V a list of things I posted last night that you could continue doing that would probably take you a significant amount of time. Just completing the main plot does not mean you 'beat the game' - you have merely scathed the surface. It means you finished the main story. Have you unlocked all the achievements? Done every last quest in game? Made a good and evil character? Got all 3 different choices at the end? Got all the demon doors, legendary weapons and gargoyles?

Edit: If you want a sprawling epic tale of doom, love, sorrow, demise that will take you a million hours to complete go for something like Final Fantasy.

But urm yeah, main quest line is **** easy and rather weak but that was never intended as the focus point of the game.

R

Rubnwonout

Still amuses me that some guy thinks his opinion is what matters. You're idea of what it means to beat a game or what a game is does not mean anything to me.

Again I might point out that I didn't go straight for the main quest.... I took my time doing many other things. But when all the sudden I'm done with it, come on(I should point out I mean the main before wierdkid goes all omniscient on me).

T

TheRealRoxas

this is one of the best sequal to a game since Zelda majoras mask this story line is hysterical i spent most of this game laughing my ass off hammer is a bad ass garth is kewl as hell and reaver is the best side characer i have ever seen i loved all the little refernces to TLC
just becuase a game is easy to beat doesn't mean it suxz i beat every game i play in 60 or so hours ad at least it isn't like oblivion the same map copy and pasted a million times

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Rubnwonout;231133 said:
Still amuses me that some guy thinks his opinion is what matters. You're idea of what it means to beat a game or what a game is does not mean anything to me.

Again I might point out that I didn't go straight for the main quest.... I took my time doing many other things. But when all the sudden I'm done with it, come on(I should point out I mean the main before wierdkid goes all omniscient on me).

Well, when you make a QQ post about how crap you think the ending is its obvious people are going to feedback their opinions on the game- good and bad. You are, after all, posing the starting point of a conversation based on opinions otherwise why post in the first place unless it was just to get a general agreement with how you feel. How anybody feels about the ending is subjective to the way you view the game.

As for my opinion mattering, it does to me yes but it was no way intended to change your view of the game. If you somehow mistook my post for imposing my opinion on you forcefully then sorry, but don't rag on me for viewing the game in a light that differs from your perspective. I am not all knowing- I simply like to express my views.

Yeah, the ending was sudden and the main plot made of weak sauce I agree with you on that and I am sure a great deal of other people do but for many, including myself, that isn't why they bought the game.

F

fable2rules123

Weirdkidinabox is right. The only reason why I did bought Fable 2 is for the fun of it

D

deathtomacbeth

I personally enjoyed the story and the ending.
Even with the hanging of the ending it left, I'm still looking forward to the third one as much as this one.
Maybe I'm not picky?
lulz.
Took me about 15 hrs to beat it the first time (heh)
Now I'm about 15 hrs in it the secondtime, and about half-way through.
Believe it or not, there is alot to do in this game.

R

Rolandk73

I have not even met Reaver yet, and I have been playing since the debut. Just do the side quests, raise a family and goof around in co-op. A game only lasts as long as you let it!

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Your 1st post is exactly what I would expect for someone that mostly plays H3 GTA IV, and GH3.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

I also made the same mistake I think my play time is around 12 hours definitely under 20, I was only playing 6 or so hours for 2 nights then completed it. the only thing that hacked me off was lucien on the end

Was a mistake rushing it. My play time on my new char is 20 hours and I'm about to start to go help hannah definitely taking my new character dead slow

R

Rolandk73

xSiLeNtxD34tHx;231397 said:
Your 1st post is exactly what I would expect for someone that mostly plays H3 GTA IV, and GH3.
I resent that! I have gotten 400 hours out of H3 and counting!

Twilight

Reaction score

Rubnwonout;231099 said:

Will not buy fable 3.

No one gives too ****s if players like you buy fable 3

Games not about the storyline

R

Rolandk73

Twilight;231704 said:

A game is about fun. Also, if you can continue to play, who gives a ****?

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

Twilight;231704 said:

I do get his point it was over a bit fast coulda done with some kind of content after getting reaver and before going to the spire

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

It's not so much about the storyline in this game, just setting it up for the sequels. I will be immensly satisfied once all Albion's secrets are explained in the stories from Fable's 3, 4 and 5.