• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

XP Farming Mini Guide

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score
XP Farming Mini Guide

Here is a little mini guide I wrote a while back both for my own reference and also to share. I've yet to upload it anywhere though because I'm lazy, so I hereby bequeath the members of ProjectEgo.net my debut to the game FAQ/guide/hints/tips industry ^_^ I hope you all enjoy this! ^_^

{1} - Table of Contents

{1} - Table of Contents
{2} - Introduction
{3} - Earliest Farming Possible
{4} - Wisdom of the Ages
{5} - Version History
{6} - Legal, Contact, and Whatever

{2} - Introduction

Hello, this is the first guide or anything I've done for any game, and well, I'm too damn lazy to bother with much so don't expect many updates on it :p. This is a sort of mini-guide for those who don't mind a little tedium in the early game to ensure the ease of a hot knife through butter in the later game. I know some enjoy the challenge, and I do myself for that matter, but this guide is to make it much MUCH easier later in the game.

I'm not going to bother with explaining all the different strategies and methods of obtaining legendary weapons, nor am I going to explain the basics of XP farming. These have been discussed to death in other guides, and any gamer worth anything should be able to figure them out anydamnway... These methods are merely little tips from one gamer to another, something I picked up that someone else might not have thought of. If this guide helps you, cool, that's what it was supposed to do. If not because you don't like the methods, fine, whatever, that's your choice. If not because you already figured it all out, then you shouldn't be looking for XP Farming tips as the second one is quite probably the most efficient method of power leveling your character.

{3} - Earliest Farming Possible

When you're training in the guild, as a kid, teen, and apprentice, you can actually get thousands of experience in all three areas if you're patient enough. Now, before you get upset saying that you want to be good in your game let me tell you something. It's still possible even without gaining evil points. From what I can tell, if you attack Whisper, it won't count as being evil! Of course, you'll still have to deal with regular scoldings from Maze, but if you're willing to deal you can exploit this.

Also, for Skill only, during the final test with Maze, if you use your bow instead of lightning during the final portion of the test you can really exploit this and milk as much XP as you want from it. You don't need fully charged shots either, as long as it does damage you get the XP. This will take some time (I was at it for about half an hour and got about 3k) but if you're willing to spend the time on this (and probably have something else to keep you entertained ^_^) this is a wonderful exploit that can have you maxing out your skill levels before you even leave the guild! For reference, I was able to get off an average of 20 shots between his teleports, so if you're getting much less than that you can probably charge the arrows shorter (let go as soon as the remote begins to vibrate in the slightest). You do have to be a certain distance away from Maze though, because if you're too close he'll block your arrows every time. Honestly, I don't think it's possible for Maze to die in the training, but I could be wrong. If anyone has the patience to test that theory to the extreme, let me know your findings please ^_^

{4} - Wisdom of the Ages

Any time you find an Ages of Skill, Ages of Might, or Ages of Will potion, SAVE IT!!! Also, if you find a quest (such as the Find the Bandit Seeress quest where you first enter Twinblade's Camp) that has these potions, abuse your hero save function and clone a ****load of them.

When you get a really high combat multiplier (I'd day at least 20, but I normally try to shoot for 30 if I can at the very least) then use as many of them as you can. In order to really milk it, pause it right when you're done fighting and assign the potions hotkeys (or even before you start fighting if you're confident in the high multiplier possibility) so you can hit them rapidly. Each of those potions will give you 1000 expierience in either Strength, Skill, or Magic, which is multiplied by your combat multiplier as usual. If say, you have five Ages of Skill potions, and you can get yourself a combat multiplier of 25, that's 25000 XP per potion, for a total of 125000 XP in one go! Using this method, one can easily max out their character in every area before they even complete the Twinblade quest! If you decide you don't want to abuse the hero save that much though, I'd suggest you try to avoid getting the potions and remember where you find them and wait till you start the Find the Archeologist quest, then you can go and collect as many of them as you want while the quest is active, and then hero save and do it again, granting you several of the potions in very short amounts of time. As with all fast XP farming methods, a high combat multiplier is KEY here, and as such, invest in the Physical Shield spell and your Magic Power early, even if you're evil and have to pay extra. Not only is it vastly worth it by the XP you'll gain from high multipliers, but you can earn a fortune in the Without a Scratch boasts on quests ^_^ A good place to rack up a high multiplier early is the Hobbe Cave, though I've never gotten more than 27 or so in there. Another good place is Twinblade's camp, and the Divine Fury and Infernal Wrath spells are awesome there ^_^

{4.1} - Potion List

I'll be doing some research and starting a new game to find the locations of every Ages of Potion in the game, but for now I have a few up till the 'Find the Archeologist' quest. I would suggest that you avoid getting them if you want to exploit as much as you can during that quest.

Bowerstone South - Might x1 - There's one in a cupboard on the second floor of one of the houses, the one with three cupboards next too each other on the first floor.

Lookout Point - Skill x1 - Exiting the Picnic Area and to your right you should see a break in the fence where there's a fishing spot, that's where it is. On your minimap you should be facing south right where the small pond area meets the road.

Gray House - Skill x1, Will x1 - They're in the house after you take care of the undead (if you haven't already). One's in the broken cupboard on the first floor (Skill) and one's in the cupboard on the second floor (Will). If you haven't already gotten it, I'd suggest you avoid getting the diary in the bookshelf behind the chest on the first floor. It's useless from what I can see and Hero Save duplicating it won't do anything bad, but it's better safe than sorry in my opinion.

Abandoned Road - Skill x1 - It's along the way about midway I guess. It's in a grouping of three barrels by a fireplace, so just avoid those barrels.

Twinblade's Camp - Will x1 - It's by the chest with 500 gold in one of the barrels, again just avoid the barrels.

Twinblade Elite's Camp - Might x1 - It's in one of the barrels you see walking into the camp right in front of you. Just avoid them.

Witchwood Cullis Gate - Will x1 - It's on the ground by the barrel and skeleton behind the main stone golem (with the life bar).

{4.2} - My Powerlevel Method

In my XP run-throughs around this time what I did was start the 'Find the Archeologist' by warping to the Witchwood Cullis Gate and then I immediately warped out and collected all the potions elsewhere. When I returned I was greeted either by a stone golem or some bandits depending on the time (golem day and bandit night). Depending on your fighting strategy you can make your own choice, but since I normally use Skorm's Bow along with Physical Shield and Slow Time, well, I like the golems ^_^. I take down the first golem and follow the path till I cue the scene where the main golem appears. After the scene a third golem usually appears close to the hero, so I run and take down the main golem from the rear (putting him between me and the second spawned golem) while grabbing the Ages of Will potion from near the barrel and skeleton. Then I go after the last golem (the second spawned one) and take it down also. At the end if I timed everything right my multiplier is near 25-30 and I then down all the potions.

Altogether that's easily 50k Strength XP, 75k Skill XP, and 75k Will XP in one run! And that's not counting the General XP from the golems and any other XP you might get from combat. If I don't sidetrack this could take me less than 10 minutes! At the end of course simply Hero Save and do it again.

For a faster method or if you want to save them for the Arena you can ignore the golems and simply collect the potions a few times and rack up your multiplier however you wish. For instance, if you're not good against the golems than you can try the Hobbe cave. A good weapon, the Physical Shield, and some planning can have your multiplier reaching 25-30 just as easily. For evildoers... I'm sorry, I don't have any good suggestions for you. Unfortunately killing villagers just doesn't cut it for building your multiplier, and the guards respawn way too slowly... Still, it shouldn't be too hard to compensate for this, just slaughter Oakvale and break everything (I like to spam the Force spell ^_^) and you should be fine even if you used the Hobbe Cave.

If I missed any XP potions up till that quest, or you have a good strategy to build up your multiplier, please let me know.

{5} - Version History

v1 - 8/1/2009 - Yeah, kinda just threw this together, and might make minor edits before I upload it, but that's it. I plan to make a list of all the 'Ages of...' potions in the game and that'll be the end of this guide.
NOTE: As you can see, I haven't done this yet. I'm lazy and I don't have TLC on my computer any more, nor do I have my XBOX games with me. I might still get around to it but for now this is good.

{6} - Legal, Contact, and Whatever

This guide is copyright to me, Dorian Saignren, and it cannot be copied or altered except for personal use. This guide is only allowed to be used on ProjectEgo.net, no other sites. If anyone steals this guide by claiming it as their own, submitting it to any other site, or reproducing it for anything other than personal use, I will know. I will find you and pour boiling hot candle wax down your ear while you sleep. Should you have any preference as to color, consistency, and/or scent, please let me know beforehand so I can prepare accordingly, otherwise you won't get a choice.

I can be contacted at DoriSai26@gmail.com should anyone have questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this guide. I do not respond well to people who destroy the English language or insult me so try to keep it civil and readable if you want me to do anything other than trash your email. Oh, and make sure you clearly state that it's related to this guide in the title, or I might trash or spam your email.

I am fully aware of the issues with Hero Saving too many times, having fell to them myself on several occasions, so don't complain about that. This guide is assuming you are ready to take that risk, and is doing it's best to make each Hero Save as worth it as possible. Also, I'm using Fable The Lost Chapters to write this guide, so if you're using the first release and something isn't where I said it was, I'm sorry about that.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score
Re: XP Farming Mini Guide

Why would you want to "farm" the EXP points. It will be just plain useless and boring + ruining the fun of the game. You progress naturally and by the time you reach Jack of Blades you will have the skills you want at the max. Sorry but this is no use.

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

If that's what you believe then more power to you. Personally, I like to breeze through the game, especially after the first playthrough. Plus I think it's awesome killing some bosses in like, one hit early game :D It's up to you. If you want to play naturally then go for it, this is for people who want to max out their character early. I like to end the game young too, so maxing out your character before you get to the Temple of Light is great :D

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score

Dorian Saignren;416726 said:
If that's what you believe then more power to you. Personally, I like to breeze through the game, especially after the first playthrough. Plus I think it's awesome killing some bosses in like, one hit early game :D It's up to you. If you want to play naturally then go for it, this is for people who want to max out their character early. I like to end the game young too, so maxing out your character before you get to the Temple of Light is great :D

Your guide is ok but I have never been the farming type of person :p.

Dorian Saignren

Prince of Masks
Reaction score

Then why look at an XP Farming guide anyway?

F

FromOakvale

Yeah me neither. I'd just play through the game and progress regularly instead of farming. This is still a good post! keep it up. [: