• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score
YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

One of my biggest problems with Fable 2 was there was almost nothing that had to do with Piracy or Pirates in general. There was an entire pirate-like port town, Reaver, that ghost ship quest, and the clothes. Nothing else. I spent so much time making my char look like a pirate, but didn't get to do anything affiliated with it...

In my opinion, there should be a lot more pirate content.

You?

Lithary

Reaction score
Re: YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

It seems that pirates became popular since movies like 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and that c*ap called 'One Piece'.

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score

Lithary;421695 said:
It seems that pirates became popular since movies like 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and that c*ap called 'One Piece'.

Well for the most part. It just revived the popularity for a few years.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;421695 said:

I'm about to punch you in your god damn head, several times.

Anyways, I do find it odd that despite the pirate popularity, there are almost no games out there solely devoted to the subject.

Of course, it's even stranger that they did have a whole port town but only one pirate-esque quest and then nothing after that. It's a shame that they probably won't expand on it either.

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;421738 said:
I'm about to punch you in your god damn head, several times.

Anyways, I do find it odd that despite the pirate popularity, there are almost no games out there solely devoted to the subject.

Of course, it's even stranger that they did have a whole port town but only one pirate-esque quest and then nothing after that. It's a shame that they probably won't expand on it either.

Hit me baby one more time!
XD

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;421739 said:
Hit me baby one more time!
XD

Believe me, I will.

Both One Piece and Pirates of the Carribean are amazing. Much better than half the **** that gets made these days.

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;421741 said:
Believe me, I will.

Both One Piece and Pirates of the Carribean are amazing. Much better than half the **** that gets made these days.

Personally, I LOVE PotC. Barbossa FTW.

One Piece I'm not a fan of... I'm more of a serious person. I can't get attached to crazy wacky anime.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

White Balverine;421742 said:
Personally, I LOVE PotC. Barbossa FTW.

One Piece I'm not a fan of... I'm more of a serious person. I can't get attached to crazy wacky anime.

One Piece isn't a crazy wacky anime. It isn't 100% serious all the time either but it has enough of both elements to be absolutely epic. I could watch my entire family die and not shed a tear but this anime makes me bawl like a baby.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

GrimWhim;421749 said:
One Piece isn't a crazy wacky anime. It isn't 100% serious all the time either but it has enough of both elements to be absolutely epic. I could watch my entire family die and not shed a tear but this anime makes me bawl like a baby.

I have to say I agree with Grim, though I read the manga and don't watch the anime. One Piece is bad ass, maybe that has to do with the fact that im half asian or something but **** it.

Anyways I would love to see some pirate content in fable. Pirates = Armed gangs on the sea. I wanna be in a gang, on a boat.

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

What is it with pirates Other then the outfits and cutlasses (kick a** sword by the way) their just thieves for the seas. I'd like to see The Grim Reaper and Scythe (Even though its been confirmed that scythe isn't going to make an appearance) But I would love to see piracy come into play with some quests (But not like buying your own boat or anything gay like that)

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Jack of Spade's;421758 said:
What is it with pirates Other then the outfits and cutlasses (kick a** sword by the way) their just thieves for the seas. I'd like to see The Grim Reaper and Scythe (Even though its been confirmed that scythe isn't going to make an appearance) But I would love to see piracy come into play with some quests (But not like buying your own boat or anything gay like that)

The fawk. Owning your own boat would be badass. Go and fight Krakans and ****. Sing im on a boat while shooting the **** out of other peoples boat.

currupted

Reaction score

U know what pirate mean NINJAS

Lithary

Reaction score

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score

Im not sure but in a gameplay (from lionhead?) I saw Logan on a ship and they were shooting at another ship via cannons. I don't know if that mean you can control the ship or...who know. Thought it was worth saying.

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

SqueakyPenguins;421815 said:
Im not sure but in a gameplay (from lionhead?) I saw Logan on a ship and they were shooting at another ship via cannons. I don't know if that mean you can control the ship or...who know. Thought it was worth saying.

Could you perhaps link us this video 0_0 I know there was ship blasting in the E3 trailer but it wasn't specified who was on what vessel.

Lynne

Reaction score

There's a new PoTC video game out that's supposed to be really cool. Maybe that will quell your thirst for a little while, anyway.

Anywho, pirates are cool and all..(who doesn't love a good pillage)..but I think it'd be pretty hard to make something like that work in Fable as a main storyline, or even a major one, because of how relatively small ships are, not a lot of working room to explore or send a player. And you can only explore an Island a ship takes you too so many times. How many places can you do an epic ships deck sword battle before it gets old? I would like to also add that this post may not make any sense at all as I am extremely stoned at the moment.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Lynne;421857 said:
There's a new PoTC video game out that's supposed to be really cool. Maybe that will quell your thirst for a little while, anyway.

Anywho, pirates are cool and all..(who doesn't love a good pillage)..but I think it'd be pretty hard to make something like that work in Fable as a main storyline, or even a major one, because of how relatively small ships are, not a lot of working room to explore or send a player. And you can only explore an Island a ship takes you too so many times. How many places can you do an epic ships deck sword battle before it gets old? I would like to also add that this post may not make any sense at all as I am extremely stoned at the moment.

Ships aren't small anymore, industrial revolution bro. Also they could use a ship to sail to other regions. Since Aurora is a different place from Albion perhaps we travel by boat there? Also...you gotta think. Maybe can fight Krakens.

Also rep for being stoned. You lucky *****. Did you know you can get high on seasoning?

Lynne

Reaction score

Like, paprika?

And ships are still much more limited than...something not limited. And cramped spaces. Even on big boats. Very big boats.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

No something else. It burns fast...but it actually does get you high, not as high as with weed, you won't get torched but you'll get high.

Yeah but it would be more like a level. Like your on a boat you're sailing you're sailing, you talk to some dudes on the boat, you get attacked, you beat them up, you appear on land. It would only be like max 20 mins. But it would add a bit of luster to the game I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.