• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Reaction score
Re: YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

I still think this has too many limited options, but it could work if done right, I just don't know how it could work in Fable other than the few quests we already have had.

Good thing my job pays me so I can purchase quality dank instead of rosemary and chives.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

White Balverine;421742 said:
Personally, I LOVE PotC. Barbossa FTW.

One Piece I'm not a fan of... I'm more of a serious person. I can't get attached to crazy wacky anime.
I'm still laughing! :lol:
More of a serious person... Pirates of the Caribean.

To be honest PotC shares a lot of the same humor as a lot of mangas out there ;)

Yeah it didn't make any sense to have a whole region related to pirates, but only one quest that actually dealt with pirates.

You know what Fable need even more though?

NINJAS!!!!!!!

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;422016 said:
I'm still laughing! :lol:
More of a serious person... Pirates of the Caribean.

To be honest PotC shares a lot of the same humor as a lot of mangas out there ;)

Yeah it didn't make any sense to have a whole region related to pirates, but only one quest that actually dealt with pirates.

You know what Fable need even more though?

NINJAS!!!!!!!

That's not what I meant by it, but whatever floats your boat...

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

White Balverine;422031 said:
That's not what I meant by it, but whatever floats your boat...
Okay, Mr. Serious :p

Guess you're just too old/serious/cool to read comics then, huh?

JesusChrist!soFreakingHOT! :wub:

White Balverine

Scourge of Witchwood
Premium
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;422036 said:
Okay, Mr. Serious :p

Guess you're just too old/serious/cool to read comics then, huh?

JesusChrist!soFreakingHOT! :wub:

Old? Pah.
I just have very peculiar tastes in entertainment. Watchmen, for example.
/hairflip

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

White Balverine;422048 said:
Old? Pah.
I just have very peculiar tastes in entertainment. Watchmen, for example.
/hairflip
Great comic, Great movie
/drool

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;421801 said:
I like Pirates of the Caribbean, I like them a lot, I just don't like One Piece, I think it sucks.

Here is a pirate song to help the mood :p ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw

Edit: Or even better XD ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AawQvD8L_h4

I'm sorry you think that but you think wrong.

Wallace;421753 said:
I have to say I agree with Grim, though I read the manga and don't watch the anime. One Piece is bad ass, maybe that has to do with the fact that im half asian or something but **** it.

Anyways I would love to see some pirate content in fable. Pirates = Armed gangs on the sea. I wanna be in a gang, on a boat.

The anime > the manga. The voice actors for the Japanese version are amazing.

Reaction score

The closest thing to a pirate game is sadly, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;422064 said:
I'm sorry you think that but you think wrong.

And why is my thinking wrong and not yours?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;422191 said:
And why is my thinking wrong and not yours?

Because One Piece is amazing and that's a fact.

:D

Mad Money Z

If I was a penguin...
Reaction score

We need to all settle down and have waffles in the shape of penguins. Now... THAT makes sense.

But if you made something of a pirate you would need to do something for the other side of it. like the people who want to drive a ship and protect all of the booty? For everyone side there is always another. If you put an aspect in the game that is specific you have to add another to balance it out.

Then you would get the people who DON'T like pirates that wanna be... Idk... something other than a pirate. You can't make everyone happy.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Mad Money Z;422231 said:
We need to all settle down and have waffles in the shape of penguins. Now... THAT makes sense.

But if you made something of a pirate you would need to do something for the other side of it. like the people who want to drive a ship and protect all of the booty? For everyone side there is always another. If you put an aspect in the game that is specific you have to add another to balance it out.

Then you would get the people who DON'T like pirates that wanna be... Idk... something other than a pirate. You can't make everyone happy.

Actually, you could. However, it would require technology that we currently do not possess.

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

Wallace;421760 said:
The fawk. Owning your own boat would be badass. Go and fight Krakans and ****. Sing im on a boat while shooting the **** out of other peoples boat.

Well the thing would be if they did that I would want to spend money on upgrades or better boats but just one nice boat would be fine and

but it would be nice and no ninja's
GET ME A BOTTLE OF RUM, A GUN AND A JAR OF DIRT

Knifeboy

Reaction score

Privateers are WAY cooler than pirates! Their sort of the cool version of pirates (in my opinion).

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;422230 said:
Because One Piece is amazing and that's a fact.

:D

Well, I didn't read manga, but I was watching anime to some point and it didn't amaze me in any way.
Maybe latter it becomes better, but I don't know that.
Probably the reason why I stop watching is luffy.
He is totally annoying, dumb as a brick, always brags about his friends, how friendship is precious and similar crap (I mean, it's not crap, he just over does it and I've seen it in about billion manga so far) and always wins his battles.
These are just part of the reasons, but like I said, I saw only the beginning of the series (to the part when he won [oh what a shocker] battle against don krieg) and maybe latter it becomes awesome, but I wouldn't know that.

Knifeboy;422422 said:
Privateers are WAY cooler than pirates! Their sort of the cool version of pirates (in my opinion).

I think that it's true, I mean, they were something like pirates for hire and would work for a kingdom while pirates were only bandits of the sea, I think.

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score

Lithary;422511 said:
Well, I didn't read manga, but I was watching anime to some point and it didn't amaze me in any way.
He is totally annoying, dumb as a brick, always brags about his friends, how friendship is precious and similar crap (I mean, it's not crap, he just over does it and I've seen it in about billion manga so far) and always wins his battles.
These are just part of the reasons, but like I said, I saw only the beginning of the series (to the part when he won [oh what a shocker] battle against don krieg) and maybe latter it becomes awesome, but I wouldn't know that.

I think that it's true, I mean, they were something like pirates for hire and would work for a kingdom while pirates were only bandits of the sea, I think.

Exactly I hate it when characters get preachy about freindship and are overpowered and never lose once

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;422511 said:

If they killed off the main character in a series they would have nowhere else to go and would need to end it right there. So of course it's no wonder he wins all of his battles.

How is he annoying? Yeah, he acts dumb but it's meant for comedic relief and he does it well, much better than any others I've seen. At least he's not trying to act like a total bad ass all the time like every other hero out there. He doesn't brag about his friends, he talks about how important they are to him.

The one thing this anime does better than any other is provoking emotions.

Luffy is unique and interesting and one of the very, very, very few characters who doesn't try to act like he's a mysterious bad ass who doesn't care about anyone or anything. You know, the typical cliche most anime characters fit into.

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;422673 said:
If they killed off the main character in a series they would have nowhere else to go and would need to end it right there. So of course it's no wonder he wins all of his battles.

Defeat doesn't mean that he actually gets killed.
He can always be spared by his enemy (for some reason) or someone can save him.
I mean, there are options.
And why does he has to be the strongest only because he is the main character?

GrimWhim;422673 said:
How is he annoying? Yeah, he acts dumb but it's meant for comedic relief and he does it well, much better than any others I've seen. At least he's not trying to act like a total bad ass all the time like every other hero out there.

Naruto is funny-dumb, Luffy is irritating-dumb.

GrimWhim;422673 said:
He doesn't brag about his friends, he talks about how important they are to him.

Yeah, I do to, but not every second of my bloody life.

GrimWhim;422673 said:
The one thing this anime does better than any other is provoking emotions.

From what I've seen, it just tries to provoke emotions with some 3rd grade emotional moments.

GrimWhim;422673 said:
Luffy is unique and interesting and one of the very, very, very few characters who doesn't try to act like he's a mysterious bad ass who doesn't care about anyone or anything. You know, the typical cliche most anime characters fit into.

Erm, he is not unique.
Naruto, Goku, Natsu and some other characters act like twats and actually, I've seen way more 'dumb' characters than 'cool' characters, but then again, maybe it just happened that I came across more often.

But then again, I bring my judgment based on very small part of the anime (not manga) and from my exp I've noticed that a lot of times anime can make funny-dumb characters into irritating-dumb characters.
And even so, if that is not the case here, I've also noticed that as the story goes that characters and become more and more developed and that actually can grow form a dumb story/characters into a really interesting ones.
And yeah, I don't like how it is drawn also, but then again, people improve over the time so, that could have been improved also.

Status
Not open for further replies.