• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not your personal army

Reaction score
Re: YOU ARE (not) A PIRATE!

Want a Pirate game, that's a look-alike Fable? Wait for Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned.

rotflao.jpg

ARRR

RRRelease Date: 2011
Also on: PC, PS3
GenRRRe: Action, RRRpg
PublisheRRR: Disney InteRRRactive Studios
DevelopeRRR: PRRRopaganda Games

If you want to see more, you can visit my thread (it's an italian forum, so i don't think it could be considered spam) here: CLICKCLICKCLICK.

It's all the stuff (vids and pics) that I found about this game, coming the first quarter of 2011.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Lithary;423212 said:
Defeat doesn't mean that he actually gets killed.
He can always be spared by his enemy (for some reason) or someone can save him.
I mean, there are options.
And why does he has to be the strongest only because he is the main character?

Erm, he is not unique.
Naruto, Goku, Natsu and some other characters act like twats and actually, I've seen way more 'dumb' characters than 'cool' characters, but then again, maybe it just happened that I came across more often.

But then again, I bring my judgment based on very small part of the anime (not manga) and from my exp I've noticed that a lot of times anime can make funny-dumb characters into irritating-dumb characters.
And even so, if that is not the case here, I've also noticed that as the story goes that characters and become more and more developed and that actually can grow form a dumb story/characters into a really interesting ones.
And yeah, I don't like how it is drawn also, but then again, people improve over the time so, that could have been improved also.
Keep on reading then.
Luffy does develop from a dumb-ignorant character into a much more interesting character.
He's not the strongest at all - he lost a lot of battles.
IMO One piece is much better drawn than Naruto, well, except for the first couple of chapters from Naruto - they were nicely done. Now they just look rushed...

Mhm, on topic I wouldn't mind seeing more pirate-like quests - however I'd much rather have some Ninja/Assassin-esque quests ^_^

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;423212 said:
Defeat doesn't mean that he actually gets killed.
He can always be spared by his enemy (for some reason) or someone can save him.
I mean, there are options.
And why does he has to be the strongest only because he is the main character?

Because it would be boring as hell if the main character always needed someone to save him. But for your information, Luffy has lost a couple of battles and some have been draws. That's much more than I can say for most.

Naruto is funny-dumb, Luffy is irritating-dumb.

Naruto isn't funny at all. He's an annoying child with no personality. His English counterpart is ten times as worse.

Yeah, I do to, but not every second of my bloody life.

He doesn't talk about them "every second of [his] bloody life". Yes, he mentions them frequently but more often than not it's because he's always fighting for them or fighting to save them.

From what I've seen, it just tries to provoke emotions with some 3rd grade emotional moments.

3rd grade emotional moments? What the hell are you smoking? I'm not going to go through and list every emotional bit of the story thus far but there's more in there that are more powerful than anything I've come across and I've watched some pretty emotional stuff before.

Erm, he is not unique.
Naruto, Goku, Natsu and some other characters act like twats and actually, I've seen way more 'dumb' characters than 'cool' characters, but then again, maybe it just happened that I came across more often.

But then again, I bring my judgment based on very small part of the anime (not manga) and from my exp I've noticed that a lot of times anime can make funny-dumb characters into irritating-dumb characters.
And even so, if that is not the case here, I've also noticed that as the story goes that characters and become more and more developed and that actually can grow form a dumb story/characters into a really interesting ones.
And yeah, I don't like how it is drawn also, but then again, people improve over the time so, that could have been improved also.

And how is he not unique? Does he shoot giant lasers out of his hands? No. Does he do retarded hand gesture and throw **** at people? No. Does he have guns? No. He uses his fists, legs, body and often times the environment to defeat his enemies. He may appear to be dumb but he's actually very clever and intelligent when the moment calls for it. When he gets angry he's much more intimidating than any other anime character I've seen.

How many episodes have you watched? Yeah, it's a tad slow in the beginning but you can't honestly expect them to throw everything at you at once, can you? That drawing style is unique to One Piece and it happens to be way, way better than the crap I've seen elsewhere. Most people just draw in the same way as the next guy with a minor edit here or there. The style is unique and new and happens to very refreshing after watching the same crap over and over again with a plot that seems to remain the same in each one.

Lithary

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;423232 said:
Keep on reading then.
Luffy does develop from a dumb-ignorant character into a much more interesting character.
He's not the strongest at all - he lost a lot of battles.
IMO One piece is much better drawn than Naruto, well, except for the first couple of chapters from Naruto - they were nicely done. Now they just look rushed...

Mhm, on topic I wouldn't mind seeing more pirate-like quests - however I'd much rather have some Ninja/Assassin-esque quests ^_^

Well since you said it nice unlike some people *cough, cough, GrimWhim* I think I will give One Piece a chance.
True about Naruto drawing.
They got really bad. -.-

GrimWhim;423276 said:
Because it would be boring as hell if the main character always needed someone to save him. But for your information, Luffy has lost a couple of battles and some have been draws. That's much more than I can say for most.

It wouldn't need to happen all the time.

GrimWhim;423276 said:
Naruto isn't funny at all. He's an annoying child with no personality. His English counterpart is ten times as worse.

And Luffy isn't funny also.

GrimWhim;423276 said:
He doesn't talk about them "every second of [his] bloody life". Yes, he mentions them frequently but more often than not it's because he's always fighting for them or fighting to save them.

That's nice, but could he learn how to shut his mouth up since he is just repeating the same thing over and over again.

GrimWhim;423276 said:
3rd grade emotional moments? What the hell are you smoking? I'm not going to go through and list every emotional bit of the story thus far but there's more in there that are more powerful than anything I've come across and I've watched some pretty emotional stuff before.

Well, I think that we should stop our argument on this part since I am not that emotional.
Arguing with me on that topic is like arguing with colorblind person about colors.

GrimWhim;423276 said:
And how is he not unique? Does he shoot giant lasers out of his hands? No. Does he do retarded hand gesture and throw **** at people? No. Does he have guns? No. He uses his fists, legs, body and often times the environment to defeat his enemies. He may appear to be dumb but he's actually very clever and intelligent when the moment calls for it. When he gets angry he's much more intimidating than any other anime character I've seen.

Erm, he look like a retarded and unwanted child of Mr. Fantastic and Jack Sparrow.
Nothing new there.

GrimWhim;423276 said:
How many episodes have you watched? Yeah, it's a tad slow in the beginning but you can't honestly expect them to throw everything at you at once, can you? That drawing style is unique to One Piece and it happens to be way, way better than the crap I've seen elsewhere. Most people just draw in the same way as the next guy with a minor edit here or there. The style is unique and new and happens to very refreshing after watching the same crap over and over again with a plot that seems to remain the same in each one.

I've watched to the point where he won his battle (witch he actually lost) against Don Krieg.
Only because something is unique it doesn't mean it's good.
A dead seal with a duck stuck up his ass, painted in lime green and than hanged on top of the bell-tower of a church and shoot a firework at it is quite unique, but is still dumb.
Hunting for treasure is not some unique story also, but still, I haven't seen an execution of that idea to the end so I won't say much.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

One Piece is awesome, I like Naruto to, but only if it's in Japanese... Most dubbed Anime is fail. :(

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary, your ignorance is astounding. I mean, you admit you haven't seen **** about the show yet you claim it to be not unique, characters that are lacking, etc.

Does talking out your ass come naturally? Or is this a special skill you learned from years of practicing?

Lithary

Reaction score

Terra_Zeta;423522 said:
One Piece is awesome, I like Naruto to, but only if it's in Japanese... Most dubbed Anime is fail. :(

True, especially Bleach dubs, they are one of the worst I've ever seen.

GrimWhim;423712 said:
Lithary, your ignorance is astounding. I mean, you admit you haven't seen **** about the show yet you claim it to be not unique, characters that are lacking, etc.

Does talking out your ass come naturally? Or is this a special skill you learned from years of practicing?

My ignorance?
I said again and again that I didn't see things to the end and that I admit that I might be wrong and that this is my impression only from my current experience, there is nothing ignorant about it.
It would be ignorant if I said that it sucked and that it's final even though I didn't read/watch it properly.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;423786 said:
My ignorance?
I said again and again that I didn't see things to the end and that I admit that I might be wrong and that this is my impression only from my current experience, there is nothing ignorant about it.
It would be ignorant if I said that it sucked and that it's final even though I didn't read/watch it properly.

That is PRECISELY what you've been saying. Do I need to go back and quote you? You've devoted absolutely no time into reading the manga or watching the anime and yet you claim to know anything about it. That sir, is ignorance and an astounding one at that.

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;424201 said:
That is PRECISELY what you've been saying. Do I need to go back and quote you? You've devoted absolutely no time into reading the manga or watching the anime and yet you claim to know anything about it. That sir, is ignorance and an astounding one at that.

I never claimed that I know everything. -.-
But if it really looked like that, then there isn't much to that manga since a newbie can look like he know everything about it. XD
But anyway, to stop this pointless argument witch leads nowhere, I'll just give One Piece one more chance and read it (not watch it) like it is something I never heard before.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

*sigh* more unnecessary arguments that could be avoided. please just agree to disagree, and have a debate not an argument (tone it down), or this thread will end up like the 'hurry up and buy 90% of the game' thread, and anyone who was enjoying writing on that thread knows exactly how that ended. Shame on you, GrimWhim. Shame on you, Lithary. I'm dissapointed in both of you.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

joslen1;424496 said:
*sigh* more unnecessary arguments that could be avoided. please just agree to disagree, and have a debate not an argument (tone it down), or this thread will end up like the 'hurry up and buy 90% of the game' thread, and anyone who was enjoying writing on that thread knows exactly how that ended. Shame on you, GrimWhim. Shame on you, Lithary. I'm dissapointed in both of you.
Should make a "Hurry up and buy 90% of the game V. 2.0"
Just don't add to it - just like a gang bang.. it just won't be right - no matter how many people you add!

Damn you! P0rn industry!

It's wrong!

It's WRooooong!!

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;424350 said:
I never claimed that I know everything. -.-
But if it really looked like that, then there isn't much to that manga since a newbie can look like he know everything about it. XD
But anyway, to stop this pointless argument witch leads nowhere, I'll just give One Piece one more chance and read it (not watch it) like it is something I never heard before.

Really? Because you seem to make snap judgments about the series so I have to assume you know everything. Oh wait... you don't actually know anything and that's why you're making these half-assed judgments with no evidence to back them up. You haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg yet here you are, telling us how Luffy is a lame character and that the show sucks.

If you honestly think people are going to back down after you make ignorant statements like you've done, you are sadly mistaken. Need evidence for that? Go look in the thread where you act blatantly homophobic.

joslen1;424496 said:

Arguments happen everywhere at any time. There is NOTHING wrong with them. Especially considering it's somewhat related to what the topic is about. I'm not going to feel any shame for what I do and I have plans to continue for as long as possible.

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;424530 said:
Really? Because you seem to make snap judgments about the series so I have to assume you know everything. Oh wait... you don't actually know anything and that's why you're making these half-assed judgments with no evidence to back them up. You haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg yet here you are, telling us how Luffy is a lame character and that the show sucks.

If you honestly think people are going to back down after you make ignorant statements like you've done, you are sadly mistaken. Need evidence for that? Go look in the thread where you act blatantly homophobic.

Ok, listen, I said over and over again and again that I brought my opinion on my current experience and that I could be wrong about it.
You are obviously a brick if you didn't get that already.
And one more thing, is something sucked for about 40 episodes I stopped to think that show will turn good at all.
When someone serves you s*it for lunch you don't stick around for dessert!
And me acting as a homophobic?
Dude, don't insult my culture!
We consider that everyone who holds hands is a couple and therefore if two guys do it, it is a pretty gay thing to do you ignorant twat.
And you are here criticizing me while you act as some racist twat back on thread that is about cultures in Fable.
You're pathetic.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;424530 said:
Arguments happen everywhere at any time. There is NOTHING wrong with them. Especially considering it's somewhat related to what the topic is about. I'm not going to feel any shame for what I do and I have plans to continue for as long as possible.

alright, but if this thread gets closed i wil have to ' tut tut tut, shame on you' you (and lithary, but that is beside the point)

edit: arguments are bad, cultured debates are good. there is a difference

arguments are like scaled up crass versions of debates, they are often unnecessarily rude or confrontational etc. etc. blah blah blah why do i bother you are not going to listen to me anyway

Lithary;424843 said:
Ok, listen, I said over and over again and again that I brought my opinion on my current experience and that I could be wrong about it.
And one more thing, is something sucked for about 40 episodes I stopped to think that show will turn good at all.
We consider that everyone who holds hands is a couple and therefore if two guys do it, it is a pretty gay thing to do you ignorant twat.
And you are here criticizing me while you act as some racist twat back on thread that is about cultures in Fable.
You're pathetic.

debate not argument please. verbal insults are not necessary to have a difference of opinion

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lithary;424843 said:
You're pathetic.

Yes and your opinion on the show was whacked and idiotic. Honestly, your opinions aren't even worth reading.

You're homophobic and if that's how your whole culture feels then that also makes your whole culture homophobic.

Racist? HAH! Some of my best friends have been colored people.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, dumb ass.

joslen1;424927 said:
alright, but if this thread gets closed i wil have to ' tut tut tut, shame on you' you (and lithary, but that is beside the point)

edit: arguments are bad, cultured debates are good. there is a difference

arguments are like scaled up crass versions of debates, they are often unnecessarily rude or confrontational etc. etc. blah blah blah why do i bother you are not going to listen to me anyway

debate not argument please. verbal insults are not necessary to have a difference of opinion

It's all the same to me.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Lithary;424843 said:
You're pathetic.

Where are you from anyway?

Lithary

Reaction score

GrimWhim;424948 said:
Yes and your opinion on the show was whacked and idiotic. Honestly, your opinions aren't even worth reading.

You're homophobic and if that's how your whole culture feels then that also makes your whole culture homophobic.

Racist? HAH! Some of my best friends have been colored people.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, dumb ass.

It's all the same to me.

No, that doesn't make me and my culture homophobic, it just makes you an ignorant idiot that you are.
And be more specific.
What was idiotic about my opinions?
The fact that you said that Luffy is original and then I said that there is already a guy who can stretch his limbs like rubber and that pirates and treasure hunting isn't something new?
Btw, you just showed how pathetic you are.
I never said that show is actually bad and that it sucks.
I even said that I will give it another chance since SimonKalevra recommended it so nicely unlike you who is just a twat.
I just said that I don't like that show from what I've seen until now.
And you know what, people who point at others that they are homophobic without any proper reasons are most of the times homophobic themselves.
And you just proved how ignorant you are by not respecting other peoples traditions.
I wouldn't criticize an Indian because he doesn't want to kill a cow even in a game because that is part of his culture, no matter how weird it may sound to me.
Only one who has been ignorant here is you.
Anyway, do you walk with your friends of same gender down the street while holding hands?

Terra_Zeta;424963 said:
Where are you from anyway?

A secret one! :Đ
Croatia.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Oh good lord. I'm not going to continue this. You have absolutely nothing to contribute either to this thread or the argument but instead are acting like a child while using the same insults over and over again. You're annoying and your blatant homophobia is revolting.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

*le sigh*

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

I have no idea what happened in this thread, but I think I should be glad I missed it. =|

On topic, though: More piracy, indeed! Not much to add. The ''ARR!''-factor in Fable II was just not good enough, and should be increased in Fable III. Not a major theme, though. Fable =/= Pirate-Game. Now that I think about different themes, I'd like some steampunk (Steampunk-Pirate? :p) , but that's a whole other subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.