• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You can change a Quest Cards Rewards

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
First of all, hello.
Second, sorry if this has been posted on the site already or if there's an easier way to do it (My internet is to slow to go through 72 pages).
Thirdly, i don't have a camera so i can't put up pictures, i will just try and be as clear as i can.
First of all, open Fable explorer and scroll down to object (It is near the bottom).
Click on the + sign next to object once and the sub menu should pop up.
Scroll down to the quest cards section ( To save you some time they are numbers 3710 to 3808)
Find the quest you want to edit, I will be using the hobbe killing contest as an example, which is number 3719.
Once you have found the quest you want to edit, double click on it in the list. A new menu should pop up.
In the new menu click once on object ( Not the plus next to it ) and a list should appear on the right hand side.
Scroll down the new list a little and you should see CQuestCardDef. Below that is a link to a GameBinEntryID.
Click on the GameBinEntryID and two new lists should pop up on both sides.
On the left list, click on the + next to CQuestCardDef and its submenu should appear.
From here the submenu should be easy to navigate. If you want to change how much gold or renown you get at the end, click on gold reward or renown reward and change the number.
If you want to change the actual object rewards you get at the end, like the quests trophy, click on reward objects in the submenu.
For my quest there is reguarly a reward object so two number boxes are present. If there is only one, click on Add and one should appear.
If you want something particular, scroll through the object submenu to the very left of your screen and type the number next to the object you want to receive into the second number box.
Warning: To avert your game crashing when you finish a quest avoid world objects like Buildings and Creatures.
You can get more reward objects by clicking Add again and typing in the third box another object number.
Normally for completing the Hobbe Killing Contest you would receive a trophy, before I knew you could add more, I just changed the second number box. I also was just testing and found one World Object (Most likely others but I am unsure) can appear without crashing the game so feel free to test.
The object I spawned was named OBJECT HKC FOUNTAIN KRAKEN 01 and is number 4199.
Well there you go everyone, you can do more things but they don't really fit with the title name so experiment around and if you can let me know what you find. Happy Modding :)

View attachment 325

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Sorry i forgot to mention that any objects that are in the game world dissapear if you leave the area... Like my beautiful fountain =(