• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Your Kingdom

Balance & Moderation are the goals of My regime, I will maintain industry (in moderation), I will restore My castle (in moderation), I will protect the countryside (once again in moderation.) Essentially the goal is to try and stay on the middle ground & be modest about changes I make instead of seeing things in black & white. People will still have problems, but they will (hopefully) have less of them. There will be industry to a limited extent but also a decent amount of nature left to retain Albions lush beauty. As for the castle I will upgrade to a certain extent but the needs of the people & state come first.

killerequinox

Reaction score

You people are playing it way too safe. This is just a game, not real life. Honestly, I'm going evil so that I'm not like all the rest of the Americans that choose to be pure haha. Besides, the good guys have a harder time with money and such. Being bad is advantageous.

killerequinox

Reaction score

Well, maybe you will choose to be evil on a second character?

LAWLESS

Reaction score

i disagree, ill be pure and still be rich. and gunslinger is in the best direction. Think about it.. Balance is everything. Without it, nothing would still exist and everything would be in chaos. So you know what, Same here, I choose balance

GrimWhim

Reaction score

LAWLESS;427230 said:
i disagree, ill be pure and still be rich. and gunslinger is in the best direction. Think about it.. Balance is everything. Without it, nothing would still exist and everything would be in chaos. So you know what, Same here, I choose balance

Not even close to being true. The real world isn't a video game.

Reaction score

killerequinox;427229 said:
Well, maybe you will choose to be evil on a second character?

Hmmm maybe, but for My first playthrough I'm gonna do a reflection of what I would want to see in real life. I usually play good My first time round.

killerequinox

Reaction score

Then I disagree with you. You don't need balance. Look at our wicked, corrupt brother Logan in the new game. He rules Albion in an evil way and yet the world is still just as beautiful as if an altruistic king was in power. When you take his place you can continue in his footsteps if you want. Sure, people hated him, as people will probably hate you if you're like him, but there is also a sense of power to be gained from having others fear you.

LAWLESS

Reaction score

thats not what im saying just saying balance is seen everywhere, like relationships its why good girls choose bad boys and evil hates pure. like god and the devil, see what i mean? **** it, Im just saying i choose balance and also hope i get enough money for an xbox and FIII soon cause im broke and it looks badass

killerequinox

Reaction score

Hmmm maybe, but for My first playthrough I'm gonna do a reflection of what I would want to see in real life. I usually play good My first time round.

Admittedly, I tend to do the same thing.

thats not what im saying just saying balance is seen everywhere, like relationships its why good girls choose bad boys and evil hates pure. like god and the devil, see what i mean? **** it, Im just saying i choose balance and also hope i get enough money for an xbox and FIII soon cause im broke and it looks badass

I know. That's the beauty of Fable. You get to choose your own path. :)

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Being good is far too limiting but at the same time, evil can limit you as well. In Fable II you have the option of attacking Giles' Farm or protecting it. If you do the former you no longer have the opportunity to buy the farm meaning you lose out on some profit (a minor one yes but a profit nonetheless).

Rather than playing good or evil, play how YOU would play. Put yourself in your heroes' shoes and make these decisions based on what you would actually do. Would you, if presented with the opportunity in real life, execute someone for a petty crime like stealing some bread from your kitchen?

Would you cause the suffering of hundreds in exchange for monetary prospects?

It's silly to play a good guy and then a bad guy. You're making the game linear for yourself when Lionhead has spent so much time making it non-linear.

LAWLESS

Reaction score

GrimWhim;427129 said:
I already said this! What is with you people saying what I've already said and/or taking my ideas?!

ARGH!
That happens alot

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

i intend to earn as much money as possible in the first half, then turn albion into a utopian paradise. I'll be well off and happy, my castle will be beautiful, and everyone else will live in contentment and peace... and then i'll go off to kill aurorans. and maybe reaver.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

GrimWhim;427279 said:
Being good is far too limiting but at the same time, evil can limit you as well. In Fable II you have the option of attacking Giles' Farm or protecting it. If you do the former you no longer have the opportunity to buy the farm meaning you lose out on some profit (a minor one yes but a profit nonetheless).

Rather than playing good or evil, play how YOU would play. Put yourself in your heroes' shoes and make these decisions based on what you would actually do. Would you, if presented with the opportunity in real life, execute someone for a petty crime like stealing some bread from your kitchen?

Would you cause the suffering of hundreds in exchange for monetary prospects?

It's silly to play a good guy and then a bad guy. You're making the game linear for yourself when Lionhead has spent so much time making it non-linear.

what's to stop you from playing along a strict moral code of good or evil, then playing it the way you would if it were real life?

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;427292 said:
what's to stop you from playing along a strict moral code of good or evil, then playing it the way you would if it were real life?

Nothing, I just don't see why you would want to limit yourself like that. Seems awfully pointless especially since the second time around you might end up doing the same things because the real life you is really good/evil.

Reaction score

I don't usually go full on good or evil Myself, just roughly. I still make an occasional good/bad decison.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

For lack of better wording, I agree with grim. I'm probably going to be more good than evil, but if I have to do some evil things to get the world how I want it I will.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Arc Caster;427476 said:
For lack of better wording, I agree with grim. I'm probably going to be more good than evil, but if I have to do some evil things to get the world how I want it I will.

I get where you're coming from on that too. Basically, I just don't see why people limit themselves. Make good and evil choices and be how ever you want to be. Making a pure good guy and a pure evil guy is too linear and limits your fun. When you throw off the shackles of these pointless limitations, you'll find the game to be twice as fun. You won't have to have some jackwagon come up to you and **** you off while you do nothing to retaliate but at the same time you can choose not to massacre a bunch of innocent civilians for the sake of just randomly killing folks.

Or you could do it the other way around!

It saddens me to see that you people play like that when what I just describe has been PM's goal from the beginning these Fable games. He doesn't want you to have to adhere to a single type of character but instead, he wants you to be versatile and experience the game from many angles without the need to create multiple characters (even though that is a possibility as well).

I guess me saying this is rather pointless, people tend to not listen to me.

Overan

Reaction score

We choose to be good because it is more difficult we dislike the ease of doing only what we want. Also, from what I understand of Americans they use the choices within games to examine themselves and what they would do in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.