• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your sister at the end (spolier)

Winstan

Reaction score
Greetings

I have just started playing through TLC on pc having played it when it first came out on xbox. I was prompted to do this after just completing Fable 2, nostalgia I suppose.

One thing that I remember always irking me about the original and maybe I am being thick here but what was the hero's motivation for killing his sister if you take the evil option, I mean apart from the sword of course. It just seemed to come out of nowhere that bit, why was it necessary to kill your sister to obtain that sword? Why not just take it?

Many thanks

DeadlyshotJ

The greatest
Reaction score
To achieve full power the sword requires the death of at least 1 person per user from the Archon's bloodline.
this meaning you and your sister apart from scythe (who could be William black) are the last of the bloodline so killing her would enable you to use the sword hence why Jack of blades killed your mother Scarlet robe, also of the archon bloodline.

Winstan

Reaction score
Thanks, I get it now. I really should have paid more atention:/

Dead_Frozen

Blade Acolyte
Reaction score
Eh, somewhat there. The Sword is most powerful the more blood from the Archons bloodline it obtains. This is why Jack had Maze attempt to capture Theresa. He was planning on killing all three(Scarlet Robe, Hero of Oakvale, and Theresa). If he had obtained all three, the sword would be completed. Therefore, you kill your sister to obtain the power Jack wanted, hence why Theresa states "Kill me and you will have all the power Jack dreamed of", meaning that Jack had not yet completed the sword. And obviously you aren't going to kill yourself.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Because Lionhead say so.

Dead_Frozen

Blade Acolyte
Reaction score
well... killing yourself would be kinda stupid arseface lol. I mean you would complete the sword but you would be dead an unable to use it... then you have some 10 year old who stumbles into the chamber of fate and picks it up. Next thing you know, his village is on fire and he has no idea how it happened. Rapes his whole family and kills his pet turtle, and the story just escalates.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I hear that's how Fable IV is going to go.

Dead_Frozen

Blade Acolyte
Reaction score
Well then Lionhead has really good taste in plots. May even win "Game of the Year" with that one. Hell, I'd play it.