• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

You're not a hero??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wezzer

Reaction score
You're not a hero??

"Instead of becoming a hero, players will start out as the son or a daughter of the hero from fable II and become the ruler of all" I got this from another source and it made me wonder.. In fable 3 are we not actually a "hero"? Could that be why we have to use gauntlets to cast will? I'm just wondering if the character in fable 3 is just a stronger version of Lucien, good or evil. What do you think?

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Re: You're not a hero??

I'd imagine your still a hero, you come from the hero bloodline...but I guess it's possible your some sort of hybrid. I mean the wings could either be proof for or against.

I'm glad you brought this up as it leads to some exciting possibilities. So long as falling from great heights doesn't kill me I don't think I'll worry too much about the title 'hero'.

Wezzer

Reaction score

Yeah I was just thinking because.. it seems to me like the bloodline was fairly hero-less before the hero in Fable 2. The wings do kind of suggest that your a hero.. but then none of the other heroes in the game have ever had horns or anything that i've seen so maybe thats just a family trait? lol I dunno. Dying from falls would suck though! I kind of like the idea of not being "hero" because it just seems like this game might be more.. the rise of the little guy type of thing. Anyway's i'm sure it'll be awesome!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I don't think your source meant it how you interpreted it. It was probably just some kind of mistake in their writing. You will always be a Hero in Fable.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

That's like saying you will always be master chief in halo.

I too feel it's an interpretation error, but wezzer's theory does provide an interesting explanation for the gauntlets. and the level up system is gong to be different this time. Perhaps it's reading too much into it but it certainly seems plausable.

I mean, what if there's no longer a way to awaken the blood?

He could be a hero, just dormant. /end speculation

I think it's ample food for thought.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Despite what people like to think, the gauntlets and new experience system are there for a very simple reason. Peter just wants to improve the combat. That's it. It really doesn't go any deeper than that.

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

One possibility for the need for gauntlets is a weakening hero bloodline due to breeding with non heros for several generations. By this point your character is probably only like one tenth hero.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Necromancer11;410566 said:
Despite what people like to think, the gauntlets and new experience system are there for a very simple reason. Peter just wants to improve the combat. That's it. It really doesn't go any deeper than that.

You don't think that by hiring a team of quality writers that they won't come up with a way to explain the why's and the how's?

The guild seal was a completely irrelevant item (it opened a door) but they managed to find a purpose for it by making it the means of communication between guildmaster/theresa and the hero. It wouldn't be the first time that they came up with something more akin to what Fenrir is describing in order to explain a piece of gameplay.

I expect them to keep the package just as tight this go around.

Wezzer

Reaction score

I like your theory Fenrir, there needs to be some explanation as to why this hero suddenly requires gauntlets, I wonder where the gauntlets came from i'n the game, probably one of Garths inventions.

BigDaddy

Reaction score

Im confused are these gaunlets required to use will? i simply thought they were added to mix will powers?

Wezzer

Reaction score

Well that doesn't make sense because even without the gauntlets you'd still be able to mix will powers, what difference would gauntlets make unless they provided the will, plus the fact that while on the Walls the gauntlets spark or spray water adds to my reasoning that they provide the magic not the hero...

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score

I think it would make sense to say Garth made the gauntlets. Have it in the description or durring a loading screen like the fable 1 throwbacks in fable 2.

"The will gauntlets scattered around Albion, were created by a powerful will user named Garth [insert compelling reason or history here]."

BigDaddy

Reaction score

Have we seen any will users who have combined two spells at once? i dont think we have but dont hold me to it, but perhaps garth created these gaunlets to allow will users to become even more powerful?

Wezzer

Reaction score

That sounds like a good reason for the gauntlets. Garth creating them to improve will users. I wonder if Logan will need gauntlets or if he'll have will powers at all?

Recycled Human

Reaction score

BigDaddy;410602 said:
Have we seen any will users who have combined two spells at once? i dont think we have but dont hold me to it, but perhaps garth created these gaunlets to allow will users to become even more powerful?

In cannon, no. But check out Swiff's thread on magic combo's and you can find several spells in fable 2 that mix for unexpected results. Not quite the same but still pretty cool!

BigDaddy

Reaction score

Hes a hero as well and will is the life force of all heroes so yes he most probably will know how to use will, he will likely have gauntlets as he will want to be as powerful as possible.

Wezzer

Reaction score

BigDaddy;410607 said:
Hes a hero as well and will is the life force of all heroes so yes he most probably will know how to use will, he will likely have gauntlets as he will want to be as powerful as possible.

I really hope so, that let's me hope that Logan will actually be a challenging opponent, I'd love to see my character affected by chaos, slow time or that whirlwind spell.

monkeybuddhist

Reaction score

the gauntlets are just an easier form of mixing spells that even retards would be able to understand how they work, hes just trying to make the game more playable by people new to the series or genre. :)

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I think that instead of becoming the Hero of Oakvale or the Hero of Bowerstone you will become the king of Albion. The character will have strength, skill and will powers. That's pretty much the definition of a hero in the Fable universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.