• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2012?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: 2012?

Evan52395;370654 said:
I'm Christian so I believe God when he says no one will ever know the end of the world. So claiming it is going to end makes me believe it less and less.

Watch us all be wrong and it actually happens. (knock on wood)

i'd much rather have that happen than everyone panicking. hypothetically if it was the end, i wouldn't want to spend my last days in distress. so even if it is, it isn't going to happen. :)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Zarkes;370453 said:
its the end of a world and the beginning of anew one. Aquarious is the golden Age. We will also be passing into a large photon belt that year and we will be in it for like 4000 years i believe.

The age of Aquarius will have nothing to do with any Earthly events (at least no natural ones). It's about 100 years away anyway.

WTF is a photon belt? The sun is spewing out photons in every direction 100% of the time. A thousand times more than any other source that reaches us.

Evan52395;370654 said:
I'm Christian so I believe God when he says no one will ever know the end of the world. So claiming it is going to end makes me believe it less and less.

Except God knows the end of the world, so he's sort of lied to you there.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

William1193;370551 said:
on a serious note, no we are not gonna die but on tht day people are gonna loot shops and places because everyone will be hiding in there homes or in there basements. lol
Slight tangent here but why is it whenever there are looters, they go for televisions?

Looter one: Hey, there's been an earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption and tornado. My house is gone, my family are dead and I have no food or water and no medical supplies.
Looter Two: Yeah, but Comet has been left unattended so let's smash the windows and nick off with the biggest TV we can lay our hands on.
Looter One: Yeah! That'll solve everything! Woo Hoo!

If I was going to loot I'd at least steal something worth the trouble...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

TV's are common, and offer an ok weight to price ratio. I'd go for jewellery though.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;370534 said:
You've got the moronic religious fanatics who claim Nebiru will come and rip Earth to pieces

Until I searched Wikipedia and found out what Nebiru/Nibiru actually is, I thought it`s some kind of a big ass being who will destroy the Earth - that would have been kinda cool.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

As far as the Mayan Calendar goes, it doesn't actually end in 2012, it just rolls over to the next "Katune" (I doubt I spelled that right), sort of like our calendar going to January. Basically, it starts over.

As for the "end of the world" craze, I think its a bunch of crap. I look forward to mocking the doomsday people the day after everything is supposedly going to end. But I think JD put it best in a similar thread.

JohnDoe;331479 said:
I think the best approach is the pessimistic approach.
Say it doesn't happen. You can laugh at everyone who believed it would. More importantly though, say it does happen. No one can laugh at you for being wrong. Can't lose.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;370758 said:
As far as the Mayan Calendar goes, it doesn't actually end in 2012, it just rolls over to the next "Katune" (I doubt I spelled that right), sort of like our calendar going to January. Basically, it starts over.

To be fair, there are a couple (literally two) purely Mayan sources that regard the end of the 12th baktun cycle with some significance. No detail, it doesn't even mention something significant happening per se. Just that it is significant. Mind you, thats 2/1000s, it's not very good odds. It's probably down to biased interpretation anyway.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

JohnDoe;331479 said:
I think the best approach is the pessimistic approach.
Say it doesn't happen. You can laugh at everyone who believed it would. More importantly though, say it does happen. No one can laugh at you for being wrong. Can't lose.

I was thinking the same thing after I made my last post here.

Aions;370497 said:
^this.....

Wut?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

if uve seen the movie 2012, ull see how it all starts with earthquakes and lately there've been some pretty bad ones :S

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;370830 said:
if uve seen the movie 2012, ull see how it all starts with earthquakes and lately there've been some pretty bad ones :S

But you notice how none of that movie was based of plausible scientific concepts? Yeah.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Evan52395;370830 said:

The thing I didn't understand about that movie is, the earth was literally collapsing into itself and the people rushed onto a plane and few away. Where the hell do they think they are going to land? Plus huge fireballs were raining down and all sorts of other crap was going on, seems to me that the best thing to do in a situation like that is to just die and get it over with. I never saw that movie, nor do I intend to, but its my understanding that they were fleeing to some shelters or boats that the government set up to save people. Yeah, that would totally work to save you from and Armageddon that features parts of the earth collapsing into nothing.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

They were actually fleeing into a
big ass ship (aka Noah`s Ark)

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

ya it was a ship because the last part of apocalypse is the oceans increasing in vloume and flooding everything so they made giant ships that could withsatnd pretty much everthing and survived. they built 3 and i think 2 of them got destroyed or just one, i forget

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Evan52395;370830 said:

No, you're right. Movies predict everything.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^im just saying that the movie made sense and its coinsidental that its following that. I'm not saying movies predict everything. The way everything played out made sense though. And I was relating a movie to real life which a lot of people do, so your attempt at insulting sarcasm failed.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;370917 said:
The thing I didn't understand about that movie is, the earth was literally collapsing into itself and the people rushed onto a plane and few away. Where the hell do they think they are going to land? Plus huge fireballs were raining down and all sorts of other crap was going on, seems to me that the best thing to do in a situation like that is to just die and get it over with.

What's the point in that? If it's a choice between throwing yourself into a volcano and definitely dying, or running for you life and probably dying, why not give yourself the best chance of living?

TJ Griffin;370917 said:
I never saw that movie, nor do I intend to, but its my understanding that they were fleeing to some shelters or boats that the government set up to save people. Yeah, that would totally work to save you from and Armageddon that features parts of the earth collapsing into nothing.

Why not? Assuming the events in the movie did happen the way it was described, then of course it would work.

Evan52395;370949 said:
ya it was a ship because the last part of apocalypse is the oceans increasing in vloume and flooding everything so they made giant ships that could withsatnd pretty much everthing and survived. they built 3 and i think 2 of them got destroyed or just one, i forget

All three of them survived, but one nearly didn't because of the guys in the door closey thing.

Evan52395;371052 said:
^im just saying that the movie made sense and its coinsidental that its following that. I'm not saying movies predict everything. The way everything played out made sense

No, the movie didn't make sense. It was based on nothing scientific. It's whole thing was that "The neutrinos from the sun were mutating!" I don't know what you know about physics, but it's impossible for subatomic particles to "mutate". The output might change, or might stop, or a new particle might come out, but to say that and hope that no one will realise is the thing that droded me the most.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Originally posted by Arseface
No, the movie didn't make sense. It was based on nothing scientific. It's whole thing was that "The neutrinos from the sun were mutating!"
nothing scientific? what category would you put "The neutrons from the sun mutating" in?

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Also if that super volcano erupted, ash would cover the earth and there would be a volcanic winter for a Long time.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Evan52395;371064 said:
nothing scientific? what category would you put "The neutrons from the sun mutating" in?

I would put it under completely bogus, since it can't happen.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

yes but it still has to do with science no mateer how "bogus" it is. watever i dont care anymore