• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A possible setup for Fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aaroncitylights

A possible setup for Fable 3

I've noticed a potential setup while playing Fable II primarily regarding the letter you recieve from Rose if you choose the Love ending. The letter describes Rose's reawakening in a great wood where she find herself in the presence of a man she describes as very thin, hooded, and frightening. This is of course a perfect description of Jack of Blades but if goes on to further prove my theory. Rose states that the man tells her that he knows of the Hero and is familiar with their family. This being impossible considering Rose and the Hero are orphans and the last of the heroic bloodline (with the exception of Theresa) and anyone who is familiar with their family would be long since dead. She also states that he tells her he will look after her and promises to reunite her with you very soon a empty promise that Jack gave to the Hero and his family in Fable I repeatedly only to use them for his gain. If this is all true then Jack eithered discovered a way to avoid destruction after his second defeat by the heroes hand at the end of Fable I or the Oakvale Hero assumed the identity of Jack meaning once more Lionhead raped the gamers decision of choosing whether or not you chose good or evil (sorry sword of aeons wielders).

I just typed this into wiki today as well
but really make up your own opinions this is just something I noticed.

This could potentially be setting up for Fable III also regarding the ending of Fable II if this is signs of Jack's inevitable return perhaps Theresa lay claim to the spire to prepare for Jack's revival or to prevent him from aquiring it as it is unlikely any being would be able to battle him in Fable II's day and age even the Hero.

B

Blade Mr.DK

Re: A possible setup for Fable 3

That is not a bad theory...good, even. Never thought of it like that....

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

1) The ROBED HOODED SKINNY MAN, Scythe, IN BLUE; Jack is RED

2) MOST people have already decided the man is Scythe.

A

Aaroncitylights

Also you do not encounter anyone matching Rose's description through the course of the game just to prove further

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

You don't see Scythe :O

A

Aaroncitylights

Jakuro;265513 said:

Yeah I completely forgot about him sorry
Considering no one knows what happened to him in (being stated in Fable II) but Scythe wasnt hooded as far as I remember
and well its nice to think a comeback by jack would occur considering that's what I missed most

A

Aaroncitylights

Aaroncitylights;265519 said:
Yeah I completely forgot about him sorry
Considering no one knows what happened to him in (being stated in Fable II) but Scythe wasnt hooded as far as I remember
and well its nice to think a comeback by jack would occur considering that's what I missed most

Also it made no statements about the color he wore

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

I'm fairly sure it did >.> King like? Scythe is the Archon, you don't get more kingly than that.

A

Aaroncitylights

Jakuro;265526 said:
I'm fairly sure it did >.> King like? Scythe is the Archon, you don't get more kingly than that.

It stated that immortality was a powered commonly found in the Archons in made no showing that he was one or that it was a requirement and Jack at one point was considered king of the arena and bandits as well a being "that was old even when the gods came into creation" I think he reserves that title

A

Aaroncitylights

One way to prove this right now is
In the guild main chamber there are two painting on either side of the entrance both depicting the seperate endings of Fable I on them being the primary ending to Fable I [pure ending which is what proved to me that Theresa was stll alive after 500 years] and the hero's dragon battle I do not know if a seperate painting is shown if you choose to become jack but if there is it may prove my idea false
(unless of course Lionhead made some outlandish idea for jack's escape)

T

TheGreenLion

Don't you encounter Scythe (maybe 3 aspects of Scythe) when you have to return the Dark Seal to the Shadow Court, I don't think they had names (which neither proves or disproves that they could be Scythe) or maybe I should lay off the drugs.....not that I do that sort of thing.

N

Ninja

What ever happened to teresa? Didn't she claim the spire for herself at the end of them game? I think she would have some major role, but that's just me thinking again:ninja:<--- Ninja was here

A

aceshigh2890

if jack of blades is with rose, she'd most likely be dead or her letter would have been a ransom letter.

T

TaterSalad

Theresa's ditty at the end is the biggest set-up for the next game.
I just wish it'd have been a little bit... More? Eh...

Anyway, tall and thin. Scythe was tall and thin, Jack was average height and of a common build in his 'human' incarnation.
King, it's heavily implied (and in Fable 2 heavily implied is just Lionhead's way of saying, this is how it happened and we're saying it in a way that'll dig fewer plotholes) that Scythe was the last Archon, the 'King' of the Old Kingdom. Jack existed before honorifics and all that jazz, and wouldn't have been recognized as a king, or considering his demeanor have accepted something as benign as 'king'.
Jack isn't nice, and noone would feel safe around him. He's scary, yes, but long decomposed immortals tend to be.
My view is that Rose is in another 'plane' of existence or more simplistically the Albion afterlife. That whole together 'one day' thing is a giveaway.
Also, it must be considered that any sons/daughters you had in game would be a continuation of your 'heroic bloodline', and also that there are plenty of heroes in the world, but their powers are latent.

Whateva', I'm just rambling at this point.

It's really a lovely note, and coming back to it made me smile.
One of those little pockets of sentimentality tucked away in a game where you can shart and have glowing teeth.

bowerstoned

Reaction score

I just don't get why everyone automatically jumps to jack of blades when it blatantly is scythe?

i like the idea of her maybe being in the afterlife or another plan of existance.....

but foe the purpose of maybe more dlc or fable 3 i'd like to think they're just wherever scythe has holed himself up for all these years

L

Lt.Petrelli

Jakuro;265513 said:

even if, after 600 years jacks aloud to change the colour of his robes.

GMRauru

GOMLB
Reaction score

bowerstoned;269701 said:
I just don't get why everyone automatically jumps to jack of blades when it blatantly is scythe?

i like the idea of her maybe being in the afterlife or another plan of existance.....

but foe the purpose of maybe more dlc or fable 3 i'd like to think they're just wherever scythe has holed himself up for all these years

You are extremely late on pointing that out...

Lt.Petrelli;269792 said:
even if, after 600 years jacks aloud to change the colour of his robes.

Aloud - to say something OUT LOUD

Allowed - Able to do something

and no, he is not ALLOWED to change the color of his hooded shirt. Especially because he doesn't wear robes, why would he change the color of them.

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

definitely scythe but jack will come into it somewhere also jack is known an a jack and there is a queen of blades so hes not a king. also does anyone find it suspicious and conspiratual that theres the cult of blades disign on lucians desk when your a kid. i dont know if it stays there when your an adult

Twin Blade

Reaction score

Okay heres my thoughts. There will not be a Fable 3 for at least 4-5 years. When fable 3 comes out it will be on the new xbox. They do this with so many games. Anyway; The "To Be continued" will be on Fable 2 expantion. Not a Fable 3 SORRY! Back to the matter at hand. Thereasa (god... cant spell that name for the life of me... why is there a stupid "h" in it anywayz!?!?) is not who she says she is, if you ask me anyway. Theresa is more or less a copycat? Like i think she is pertending to be a copycat or a lier to get close to you (you as in main character of fable 2). Note the red robes? Note the brightly light eyes in blue? Note the damn fact she is over 600 years old? Note the hero in Fable 1 is not here!?!?!? She is Jack of Blades!!! Theresa (if you have Fable TLC) is not in Albion anymore. Speak to those big rock heads... (not the demon doors those other ones... In snowspire or somthing?) They say Theresa has left and will never return. So? Those rocks never lied either. I feel the jack of blades is dead as well. I killed him twice i should no! lol. Jack of blades is Fable 1 main character! If you put the mask on anyway. Now we are going to speak far fetched... (Note SPOILER COMEING UP!!!) (NOT JOKING AND ITS A SEXY SPOILER if your a guy anyway!) Leo made a sex change potion HAHA he made on for Jack of blades in the form of fable 1 hero! Hense called him self (or herself?) Theresa! MUAHAHAHAH im smart!!! Anywayz yeah cool thoughts but far fetched

Status
Not open for further replies.