• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A reason to wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpdowning

rpdowning
Reaction score
A reason to wed.

In Fable 2, PM had said that he wanted the players to have there heart strings tugged. To feel that there were real consequences in your actions that pertain to your loved ones. (i.e. family) It was a great idea but i think it may have been poorly executed.

Besides two quests, Lady Grey and the ghost one Alex, there was almost no reason to get married. It's just a game I know, but I never felt any connection with a spouse. Maybe if there were a longer quest to find your hero's true love other than just doing what that person likes to marry you, (not to mention EVERYONE wanted to mary you after a few hours), it could have been more meaningful.

To be honest at the end of the game I didn't care that my child was trapped in a cave, waiting to be turned to to a hobb. If they were to develop a game play element were you take you child into town for the first time, our, really try to woo that wife of yours i would have made sure that they came to know harm. and if they did, i would feel saddend.

I wouldn't be mentioning this but since in many interviews PM wanted the players to feel something in a game they have never felt before he missed the mark. What do you think could be done to make marrage in Fable more meaningful?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: A reason to wed.

maybe more unique NPCs and being able to name your child would make me feel more connected with him/her.

Dualist

Reaction score

None of the NPC's in Fable 2 were lovable. They were killable, that's for sure; but not lovable in any respect.

Mostly because of how needy and annoying your spouse gets to be.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Dualist;380927 said:
Mostly because of how needy and annoying your spouse gets to be.

well its realistic in that case :p

Dualist

Reaction score

Se wants sex like every ten minutes. If only real marriage were like that.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Gotta point out that if real marriage was like that A) Your **** would fall off, and B) Your spouse would leave you for some dude off the street. Not neccesarily in that order.

Dualist

Reaction score

Yeah, but it would be worth it. Totally.

Syric

Noodleface
Reaction score

I think that you actually can do more to get in depth with the family aspect of the game with the introduction of Dynamic Touch, like being able to calm a terrified person, lead people about by the hand and the ability to escalate emotions. Sounds cool, but I have no idea how that would actually play out in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.