• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Always Bet On Duke.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
theduke.png

Remember that old bastard from the 90s pictured above? Turns out he's got a game that's finally coming out, and it even has a release date. Duke Nukem Forever is coming, and it's coming real soon.. after all, it only took Forever. Feel free to look down a little further for the release date.. and boobs.​
"Somehow the guys at Game Informer magazine discovered Duke Nukem Forever's launch date before I did," joked Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software and executive producer of Duke Nukem Forever. "But I cannot imagine any better video game news source team than Game Informer to reveal the moment of truth for the most inconceivable, incorrigible and inspiring turn around story in the history of the video game industry – the coming of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011."

“The moment fans all over the world have been waiting for is almost here,” says Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “May 3, 2011 marks Duke’s return as he unleashes his brash and brutally honest wit on the world. His return is going to be epic and one that will make video gaming history!”
May 3 is the North American release date. May 6 is worldwide.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Things have shaped up since Gearbox took over development and it was brave of them to do so, so i hope it ends up a good game and their hard work is rewarded as 3D Realms spend 12 years doing nothing it seems.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
First, I am morally obligated as a Terp to say:

71179_290433447550_2527869_n.jpg

Regardless of my lack of caring about basketball, lacrosse, or any other sport in which they attempt valiantly to kick our ass.

On a more relevant note... that looked incredibly stupid. I'm sorry, am I not allowed to say that?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
On a more relevant note... that looked incredibly stupid. I'm sorry, am I not allowed to say that?

Women, guns, ass kicking, blood and more ass kicking... whats not to like? Looks like the Duke of old and retro styled but more badass and on a much bigger scale.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Iunno.

Possibly it's that I never played it when I was a young'un? I mean, I remember HAVING Duke Nukem. I just don't remember ever playing it. Maybe I was too young?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry, I like games with believable characters and a meaningful storyline. Not for me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Iunno.

Possibly it's that I never played it when I was a young'un? I mean, I remember HAVING Duke Nukem. I just don't remember ever playing it. Maybe I was too young?

Was great back in the day and the co-op was good too.

Sorry, I like games with believable characters and a meaningful storyline. Not for me.

I do too but still its nice to stray away from that once in a while which is when id play the likes of Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, Unreal Tournament and Duke.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
After playing Borderlands I can totally get on bored with this.
It will have co-op, yes?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
After playing Borderlands I can totally get on bored with this.
It will have co-op, yes?

Havent read anything on it but Duke 3D did. When Gearbox took control of development 3D Realms hadnt even started creating a multiplayer aspect of it and it was centred around 1 character being Duke. In the old days they merely made a twin of him for co-op but i think Gearbox were a little wary of doing that in todays market.

Tyloric

Reaction score
Havent read anything on it but Duke 3D did. When Gearbox took control of development 3D Realms hadnt even started creating a multiplayer aspect of it and it was centred around 1 character being Duke. In the old days they merely made a twin of him for co-op but i think Gearbox were a little wary of doing that in todays market.

Oh... well I'm only gonna buy it if it has multiplayer. Otherwise... no.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh... well I'm only gonna buy it if it has multiplayer. Otherwise... no.

Be a shame if it didnt have some form of it as Gearbox are quite accustomed to making multiplayer games.

Tyloric

Reaction score
It is doesn't have* I'd edit, but you've already quoted me.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score

Remember that old bastard from the 90s pictured above? Turns out he's got a game that's finally coming out, and it even has a release date. Duke Nukem Forever is coming, and it's coming real soon.. after all, it only took Forever. Feel free to look down a little further for the release date.. and boobs.​

I know what you mean. I've been waiting for this game to come out since 2004, or was it 2005? I dunno, but it's been long overdue.