• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any debaters out there?

H

HodgePodge

Any debaters out there?

Well, seeing as how this site is FILLED with nerds of varying degrees, I figure there's gotta be a few debaters around here. So, if you are part of the noble and everlasting art:)D) then speak up meat slave!

F

FableFreak

Re: Any debaters out there?

You... have... no... idea... what... you... have... just... unleashed...

I can debate like no other... Its possibly my favorite thing to do, yell at people and tell them they are wrong and I am right!

(BTW I made a debate thread a few months ago, it was quite fun!)

H

HodgePodge

I wasn't really making a debate thread, I was just asking if anyone out there was a debater. So do you actually debate? Like at tourneys?

F

FableFreak

No, but when I do get into a debate it becomes an event like that...

Edit: WTF is a meat slave?

H

HodgePodge

Essentially, it indicates someone who is not worthy of being called a sentient, rather they are a thing of meat, who's only purpose is to do my bidding. Somewhat like a meat shield.

B

blu phoenix

I love debating. It's one of my strong points. I remember in History classes I would excel at giving information and convincing others...and well I just love them, they are rather enjoyable if you get a good subject to discuss.

H

HodgePodge

Well, if any of you guys are still in school, you might wanna try getting into actual debate. It really is fun. So, you guys wanna actually debate?

H

HodgePodge

Yay! Okay Here's the topic:
: The United Nations' obligation to protect global human rights ought to be valued above its obligation to respect national sovereignty.
Rules: We will each provide two main points. I will be against, you will be for. My two points are:
1.The United Nations was not created for the purpose of protecting human rights actively, and therefore is not obligated to protect or defend actively
The United Nations does not have it within its power to protect global human rights.
You may use any two points that you wish, but must be able to elaborate, and provide both sources and evidence upon request. BEGIN! But we'lll need a judge...

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

I am a master-debater.

H

HodgePodge

Ya, if you take away the de...:p

F

FableFreak

What if one, per say, is not familiar with the topic or the UN in general?

H

HodgePodge

Then one, per se, better get himself familiar with the topic. :p

F

FableFreak

HodgePodge;95614 said:
Then one, per se, better get himself familiar with the topic. :p

I feel a little pretentious for using "per se", more so for spelling it wrong... :blush:

H

HodgePodge

Lol, don't worry about it I was just messin' with ya. ;)

BTW: Does anyone feel like judging?

F

FableFreak

HodgePodge;95617 said:
Lol, don't worry about it I was just messin' with ya. ;)

BTW: Does anyone feel like judging?

Hmm... I appear to be in the presence of another intellectual, quite a rare thing where I come from. This will be interesting...

H

HodgePodge

^Yes, I hear you. *Sighs* The stupidity of America.

F

FableFreak

Hey, I never called Americans in general stupid. I called the people who live in my town stupid. I'm patriotic as hell, so I don't take kindly to such choice words...

H

HodgePodge

But, sadly, America as a whole is, well, stupid. The election of Rick Perry and George W. Bush to second terms is proof of thhat.

F

FableFreak

So you are calling people stupid because of their choices? So maybe it was a mistake to elect Bush and a few other choice politicians but its a little late to change that now isn't it? I'm just surprised Bush hasn't been issued an impeachment ticket yet... Just for the record I don't apply to Democrat or Republican. I'm an Independant, which for some reason some people like to label it the "Cowards Party".