• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Starcraft II fans?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
2 years!? What the hell. You necroing maniac I oughta ban your sorry a--Oh. N-nevermind then.

I never gave this game a try, been wanting to but I remember reading horror stories about the infamous GPU glitch that melted people's cards so it warded me off ever since.

Still.. shame on you Andy, bad Admin, bad!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
:lol: Was going to make a new thread but would have just repeated some info on why I hadn't played it already that was already here.

That bug was fixed long ago I believe and I saw the next expansion is due next month so what better time to try the original than now. Can play handful of free missions on Wings of Liberty & Heart of The Swarm before making a decision on buying them (skirmish too but limited to one race & handful of maps). I believe they said each is standalone too so don't have to own previous one to try the others. However I have heard that the campaigns are superb so think I may buy them all in time as I have no interest in the competitive online side of things.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well free is free, I'll probably give it a shot sometime this week. I know Markie is a really big fan of the series and bought herself a copy of this late last year, since then she wouldn't stop talkin' about it really. So I'll give it a look see and share my thoughts after I've done so, I know for a fact my rig will breeze through its requirements. Though I do recall this game being quite the benchmark when it debuted.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well free is free, I'll probably give it a shot sometime this week. I know Markie is a really big fan of the series and bought herself a copy of this late last year, since then she wouldn't stop talkin' about it really. So I'll give it a look see and share my thoughts after I've done so, I know for a fact my rig will breeze through its requirements. Though I do recall this game being quite the benchmark when it debuted.

As far as I can tell so far if you are a fan of RTS genre then you have to try it (just like I kept being told). Wasnt aware of the Starter Edition until I read the article I posted here that brought it to my attention so thought I would try it as had more features than the demo it replaced. The campaign looks superb (cutscenes are amazing even by todays standards) and reminds me of how I felt when I first played Warcraft III/Frozen Throne campaign, was rare for a RTS story campaign to grab me as much as that one did. Been told their are also certain story instances that offer you a degree of choice at the end of missions and what missions to take that have a degree of consequence etc too. I normally play RTS games for their skirmish modes but this might be the first for some time I will buy based on the campaign & story alone.