• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Archon's Blood

D

Dameon

Archon's Blood

"They're both where they belong now," Dameon remembered his sister Theresa saying. He had just defeated Jack of Blades and cast the Sword of Aeons into the Void with him. No amount of power, he decided, was worth his sister's blood. "It's time for me to find where I belong. I know it's not here," Theresa said. He never saw his sister again.

Dameon looked around the Chamber of Fate. He noticed that something was wrong... there was a strange feeling of uneasiness in the Chamber. The Hero looked directly at the center and his jaw dropped as a giant gold dragon came swirling out of the emblem in the center. Dameon pulled from the sheath on his back the Harbinger, the sword of the ancient hero Huw that Dameon had pulled from the rock at the Temple of Avo. He expected this to be another of Jack's evils, come to kill him and take revenge. However, the Dragon spoke.

"YOU, DESCENDENT OF THE ARCHON OF THE OLD KINGDOM OF ALBION. YOU HAVE DESTROYED THE SWORD OF AEONS, THE ARCHON'S SACRED WEAPON. FOR THIS, THE SPIRIT OF ARCHON'S BLOOD WILL CURSE YOU AND YOU WILL BE HAUNTED BY THE CREATURES OF THE OLD KINGDOM AND YOU WILL DIE."

The dragon then dissappeared in a plume of smoke.

Dameon jumped up in his bed from fear, cold sweat running down his face. "What is it, dear?" his wife Audrey asked him.

"Nothing... It was nothing. Just... a bad dream," he lied. Dameon didn't usually lie to his wife, but he had been making it a bit of a habit the past few weeks. He had killed Jack of Blades almost two years ago, and his fame had all but died, as most Heroes' do. The people had moved on in this era of peace. But lately he had been having this same terrible nightmare every night.

The Hero looked over on the mantle at his legendary sword. The Harbinger had been Dameon's trusty sidekick since he killed the the White Balverine in Knothole Glade. It brought him a small bit of comfort as he recalled all the memories it had. The Arena- ah, how glorious was the Arena!- was a time when he cherished it most. It saved his life more than once in that "ring of sand and blood," as Theresa had reffered to it.

Dameon lay his head back down on the pillow and attempted to go back to sleep. As he drifted slowly into his dreams, he thought he heard the faint screech of rusty armor plates rubbing against each other.

--Well, this is obviously a direct sequel to the original Fable. This is the character that I created as I played, and the times and accomplishments will generally be mine. Anyway, this is just the prologue chapter, and more chapters are to come. Tell me what you think!--

D

Dameon

Re: Archon's Blood

Chapter one is under construction. I'll try to post these chapters every Saturday, but I may not get it done exactly on Saturday. Reviews and critique are appreciated.

D

Dameon

Chapter One: Reconstruction​

Dameon sighed again as he took the Harbinger off his mantle. He was going to the Guild to see how the new Guildmaster was faring. The rebuilding of the Guild had been quite a long process, for such a little amount of damage that Jack caused. The actual rebuilding process didn't start until six months after the Guild burned, mostly because of the people's laziness. A year and four months later, the reconstruction was finished, and there was a huge celebration amongst the Heroes of Albion. After a few days, the excitement died down. The Council of Heroes, which had replaced the Heroes' Guild since it was burned, decided that the Guild was useless without Quests and a Guildmaster. So they held an election to determine who the new Guildmaster would be.​

Obviously, Dameon won the most votes to become Guildmaster, since he had killed Jack of Blades. However, he turned down the position and gave it to the next in line. This young mage's name was Leo. He was a tall boy for his age, only about 19. His hair was red and cut close to his scalp. He had a small beard on his chin that he had joked about working his whole life to grow. He had been a Hero for only a few years at the time, but he was certainly the wisest amongst them. The other Heroes were apprehensive at first, since such a young man had never been Guildmaster. But he proved himself very well within the short span of a week, handling all the Quests and training all the Apprentices very well. So he came to be accepted.​

Dameon kissed his wife and assured her he would be back in time for dinner. She had always nagged him about that, and Dameon thought it was so unimportant. The Hero tied his long black hair into a ponytail, the way he always wore it, and left his house in Bowerstone South. He tended not to teleport with his Guild Seal anymore, because Audrey had said he was putting on weight. Dameon simply sighed at this thought and trudged along.​

Around the time Dameon got to the Guild, a young boy walked up to him.​

" 'Ello, sah, ah you Dameon?" The Hero smiled at the young boy and ruffled his hair.
"Why, yes, I am, son. What do you need?"
"Well, sah, my mommy was kiwwed by Jack o' Bwades. Thank you fo' kiwwing him," the boy said. Dameon's smile faded and he had a look of remorse in his eyes.
"I am... Truly sorry, son. But Jack can't hurt anyone else now," Dameon said to the boy. The child nodded and then walked away. The Hero looked back at him with sadness and walked into the Map Room of the Guild.​

Leo looked up from the map at the Hero. "Ah, Dameon! Good to see you."​

--Well, there's chapter one. Next chapter will come this Saturday. Comments and critique still appreciated.​

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Nice, i like it but i would never kill my descendant...or would i?:devil:

rep+ to you on both chapter things

but you might want to know that the bottom right-hand corner has this:

obviousy you see what i mean.

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score

nice story cant wait till its done+rep

D

Dameon

Archon'sRage;290518 said:
Nice, i like it but i would never kill my descendant...or would i?:devil:

rep+ to you on both chapter things

but you might want to know that the bottom right-hand corner has this:

obviousy you see what i mean.

Ah, yes... Thanks, I'll proofread more often now.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

yeah, but keep making this this is awesome :w00t:

Cain

Reaction score

I have only one thing to say about this....+rep

D

Dameon

I hope that the fact that there will be some creative license doesn't offend you guys. I.e., the Council of Heroes

Cain

Reaction score

Just to let you know archon wouldn't be angry about the sword of aeons as he would've destroyed it himself if his lifeforce hadn't been tied to it. but then again its the spirit of the archons blood who might some one else entirely.

D

Dameon

The Spirit of Archon's Blood is a different entity, yes. If you remember, the Sword of Aeons was evil in and of itself.

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score

im argeeing with deamon about the sword the sword is evil

Cain

Reaction score

So basically the sword is angry at the hero and wants to kill him.

D

Dameon

Yeah, basically.

On a second note, the chapter will be coming today. It may be a little slow at first, but I need to give my characters time to establish to the reader who they are.

D

Dameon

Chapter 2

Chapter Two: A Proposition​

Leo and Dameon sat in the Guild Bar, drinking and laughing about past experiences.​

"Anyway," Dameon said, "after I told the woman about her cheating husband, she ran after him, yelling, 'I'm gonna chop your balls off!' and 'I raise your children, this is how you treat me!' The guy just stared at her with this scared to death look in his eyes, trying to make up all these lies about how he only loved her. It was so funny and oh so satisfying." Dameon took a drink from his mug as Leo guffawed in his chair.​

"Oh, that's hilarious," said Leo. The Guildmaster took a drink from his beer and wiped his lip. "Hey, Dameon, I've got a question for you. Without Maze here, the Guild has been in a lot of discord. No one person can handle it all, you know. I was wondering; how would you like to help me out here? You can still take quests and everything like that, and you and Audrey can even move into the Guild Dorms. I'm sure she would be happy to be one of the servants, don't you think? She'd be paid well." Dameon thought quietly for a moment. This was quite the oppurtunity. However, he decided that he would have to talk to his wife about it first. She would probably be overjoyed. Audrey always liked the Guild​

Upon telling Leo of his decision, Dameon shook hands with him and told him he would be back tomorrow with the final word. With that, the Hero of Oakvale left the Guild and headed back to Bowerstone. When he arrived at his home, his wife was gone. Dameon didn't worry too much about it, shrugging it off as an accidental holdup at the market. But after an hour, she was still gone, and he began to worry. Audrey was never gone for more than a few hours, and it appeared that the house was the same way it was when he left. The beds were unmade, lamps still on, and, peculiarly, some bits of torn cloth on the floor upstairs. Dameon had remedied these things when he arrived home, thinking she would appreciate him for it.

Dameon eventually couldn't wait any longer. He had to go look for Audrey. Having experienced the loss and apparent death of his family years ago, the hardened Hero expected the worst. He put on his plate armor and helmet and took the Harbinger in his hands. Whoever had taken Audrey was in for an unpleasant surprise.

But before Dameon could get out the door, he heard a crash from upstairs. After that, his vision faded, and he was unconcious before he hit the floor.​

D

Dameon

Hey guys, I always enjoy critique. By the way, I'm gonna try to make these chapters more frequent. Don't forget to recommend your friends to come read this!

D

Dameon

I have some bad news, guys. I won't be posting for a while. My family's having a bit of trouble, and I have to devote all my time to that. I'll be back soon!

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score

hope your family gets out of trouble

SimonSays

Reaction score

I know you've probably lost interest in writing the book, I know I lose interest in things easily, but could you carry it on! It looks incredible and maybe even has potential to become a real book! And it's a bit ironic how you said you would write the chapters more frequently and you haven't posted one in months!

Cain

Reaction score

His family is in trouble he said, so he hasn't lost interest unless he says so. Nobody post except Dameon. If he want to start this again thats ok but no thread necromancers. I don't want to call in the thread paladins :p