• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungBlood

NoFear
Reaction score
Armour

okay i noticed that in fable 2 you had no real armour what i mean is that no set of clothes was better thn the other unlike in fable 1 and TLC there was an armour rating. im kinda curious about what people think should happen in Fable 3. should they keep the no armour rating or even have both...+rep

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Armour

i think not having armour types is best, since they are going away from rpg stuff like stats.

maybe armour clothing still, like knothole knight. or some new steel plate.

Lupus

Reaction score

I agree with Dracelix. Armour is just not right for the period and having armour values pretty much forces you in to wearing it. IF they're going for customization then it would be unwise to make armour any better than normal clothing (unless they balance the bonuses with some negatives such as lower movement speed etc) I want to wear what i think looks good not what its sensible to wear

SpreadPayLoad

Reaction score

It has shown some armor in the clips such as one showing off clothes hes running around in a kingly like armor black and gold trimmed.

YoungBlood

NoFear
Reaction score

ya i doubt that one set of clothing is better than the other and i think you guys are right the time period shouldnt have realy armour just wanted to know what people thought thanks

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score

i woulnt mind having the bonuses and negatives, but if they show the actual stats, i think it seems less realistic, like how heavy armour would be slower, stronger, high defence, ect.

they could perhaps have all the effects and such, like high skill people being naturally faster, but hiding all the stats. so it seems natural

Lithary

Reaction score

Hiding stats is very, very, very bad idea in my opinion...
Especially if you are guy like me who was hooked on Diablo 2 and every single extra dmg point was important :p
Plus... it is somewhat realistic to see stats of you items... when you buy, lets say, a milk in real world you have all it's stats written on it for you to know :p

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I'm fine with armor as long as it doesn't have armor ratings. Everyone's character will look exactly the same with armor ratings.

skeleboy333911

Army of Dead
Reaction score

If I recall, the reason for not including armor (as anything but fashion) was that the introduction of the gun rendered it useless and further more a hassle because it was now a LOT of dead weight. So I'm guessing they'll keep the armor ratings out. It's good cuz then everyone won't be scrambling to wear the same thing.

Lithary

Reaction score

They can make custom armors, just like they make custom weapons and solve the problem of everyone having the same gear...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

They should do exactly what they did in Fable 2, but have way more clothes. And ones that actually look good, and don't get people to freak out at you every time you walk past them.

Lithary

Reaction score

Well I prefer clothes over armor, but I think that they should still include armor for players who want to wear one...

Medik

Reaction score

I noticed in the new fable 3 trailer, there is a part where the hero is walking down some stairs. He seems to be wearing some kind of armor. Could not really tell for sure though.

Blade

Ruler
Reaction score

fable 2 sucked balls without armor. i mean think about it, what would protect you more armor or clothes. i think every one no's the answer to that. p.s rever sucks balls for killing oakvale

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

This conversation's ended already. Don't post in old threads.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

2 Weeks isn't really a necro. Would you rather he have made a new thread to say that?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;402167 said:
2 Weeks isn't really a necro. Would you rather he have made a new thread to say that?

The replies came within just a few days, and some say three weeks, so it's closer to that anyway. Plus, the conversation already ended. And we've had people saying that same exact thing before, it's not as if it's some incredibly novel idea. I would rather have not had him say anything at all, but at least a new thread would be preferable to this.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;402174 said:
The replies came within just a few days, and some say three weeks, so it's closer to that anyway. Plus, the conversation already ended. And we've had people saying that same exact thing before, it's not as if it's some incredibly novel idea. I would rather have not had him say anything at all, but at least a new thread would be preferable to this.

What the hell is with you and being so cold to new members? It's one thing to point out that it's an old(ish) thread, but we want them to stick around.

And when it's a choice between making a new thread and having everyone tell you to use the search function, or posting in a dying thread (I still maintain it was in limbo) and having you tell them to go away, it makes you wonder why they would want to post at all.

Seriously, you don't have to point out every little error.

ronm100

Reaction score

Why do you need to explain people 100 times that IN THE TIMES OF THE GUNPOWDER WARFARE THERE WAS NO MORE USE OF ARMOUR IN OUR REAL WORLD

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Arseface;402182 said:
What the hell is with you and being so cold to new members? It's one thing to point out that it's an old(ish) thread, but we want them to stick around.

Someone who just wanders in and makes some random post in an old thread probably just found it on a google search and most likely had no intention of staying here and becoming part of the community. Sometimes they don't even bother to check the thread again to see the responses to what they wrote.

Arseface;402182 said:
And when it's a choice between making a new thread and having everyone tell you to use the search function, or posting in a dying thread (I still maintain it was in limbo) and having you tell them to go away, it makes you wonder why they would want to post at all.

Sometimes you don't need to post.

Arseface;402182 said:
Seriously, you don't have to point out every little error.

I don't. I've been letting a lot of necroposting go lately, but it's still irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.