• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask FableFreak 'Anything'

J

Jester.

Re: Ask FableFreak 'Anything'

have you ever broken a bone? if so how?

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

FableFreak;184716 said:
The handle is still nice and shiny, it's the blade which has the wear. It has gotten rusty over the years, has some scrapes, and the blade is dulling. Any tips on how to keep my puukko nice and tidy?

I'll tell what I learned and have done in the past with good results when cleaning my knives and swords. Alot of this you may already know from cleaning and fixing up your firearms:
You'll need a few things:
- some lint free cloths
- Windex
- a Scotch Brite Pad or any fine scrub sponge/pad
- some fine steel wool (if it is too coarse it will leave scratches)
- 3M Emery abrasive papers (Coarse, Medium, Fine)
- some steel metal polish
- and last but not least......gun oil!^_^. Pure mineral oil or rem oil works too though. No WD40! It sucks in long term protection.

1. Use the steel wool to rub out the rust spots as best you can. For what you cannot get out will be easily removed by using the abrasive paper.
2. Take the Coarse abrasive paper and run it down the the entire length of the blade on both sides a few times. This will give the blade a satin looking finish but no worries, the next two types of papers will smooth it out. Take the Medium paper and repeat by running down the entire length of the blade on both sides several times. Lastly, take the Fine paper and repeat.
3. Take some metal polish and apply it to scrub pad. Now scrub the blade with side to side strokes running down the whole length of the blade on both sides until you have as shiny a surface as you can get (or at least a better looking one than before lol).
4. Now spray alittle Windex on the blade and wipe it down with one of the clean cloths
5. Lastly, take the gun oil and apply some to a clean cloth and wipe down the blade. Be sure not to apply too much, all you want is a slight sheen. If the blade is not stainless steel, and you are living in a humid area, apply a new coating every few months or even as often as once a month to ensure good protection. Be sure to wipe the blade first to get off any dust or old oil before applying new oil.

Unfortunately even after all of this, if the scratches were really deep or rust was allowed to cause deep corrosion, some of it will still be visible. Damage can be repaired only so much :-/

Last bits of advice you probably know already:
- Keep the knife out of moist areas for obvious reasons: water + metal = rust
- Information varies as to how to store non-stainless steel blades. Some say it is OK to store them in their leather scabbards based on what the leather has been treated with while others say it's a bad idea all around. What I can tell you definitely though is: do not store your knife in the open with the blade bare or the oil will attract dust and cause rust spots. You safest bet is if you have a case or small chest that keeps out moisture, store it in that. Or just store it where you store your guns because I know you have them in a place that protects them from moisture and rust;)

I hope this helps.

F

FableFreak

TRA Rotid;184806 said:
The best/coolest/favourite city in USA?

I would have to say New York City, there is so much to do there. And it is within a few hours drive of Washington D.C.

Snowbell;184841 said:
why are you cross all the time?

What do you mean exactly by "cross"?

Jester.;184922 said:
have you ever broken a bone? if so how?

I have dislocated my arm socket, but that is all.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Didja Miss me. :D

F

FableFreak

*Face explodes for a second time*

Of course I missed you! How could I not have!???!?!

While you were gone I suggested you be made the new moderator, I thought you deserved it more than anyone.

J

Jester.

were you guys like wrestling or something?

whats your favorite football team?

your favorite player?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Do you have tatoos, or scars? Running out of questions.:unsure:

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score

Did you ever wish you were a pinguin?

F

FableFreak

Jester.;185219 said:
were you guys like wrestling or something?

whats your favorite football team?

your favorite player?

1. I was younger (7) and she was attempting to pull me up onto a couch.
2. The 49ers
3. Joe Montana or Jerry Rice (when he was a 49er)

R

RoyKing

I am a fable modder and can change my hero model to another character.
But with some models the sword is between their legs, the bow also.
How do i solve this?
And another question, how do i make my thunder model Walk and Fight like thunder himself?

Ow sorry that was supposed to be a picture of the sword-between-leg thing.

Thanks

Greets,

RoyKing

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

What's your favorite movie?
What's your favorite thing to do?

F

FableFreak

RoyKing;185337 said:
I am a fable modder and can change my hero model to another character.
But with some models the sword is between their legs, the bow also.
How do i solve this?
And another question, how do i make my thunder model Walk and Fight like thunder himself?

Ow sorry that was supposed to be a picture of the sword-between-leg thing.

Thanks

Greets,

RoyKing

I could barely figure out how to use Albion Explorer, so I will refer you to any of our Modding staff. Just post your question in the Modding section.

J

Jester.

If you had to be shot in one location of your body where would it be?

J

Jester.

if you could re write and re direct an entire movie to your liking (think creative control) what movie would it be?