• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best Melee Weapon?

What is the best melee weapon type?

• Katana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longsword

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Cutlass

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Cleaver

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Mace

• Axe

• Hammer

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Ceh913

Reaction score
Best Melee Weapon?

I'm doing a range of polls, to find out the best of everything offensive, so please respond to my best spells and best ranged weapons polls 2:D

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score
Re: Best Melee Weapon?

I think katanas are probably the best espeicialy the Diatchi Katana a very powerful weapon

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

once you get the knothole island DLC you can make your own legendray wep, that what i did i just took a 4slot master cutlass (best looking wep IMO) and put flame, shock, luck and life and devistation aug on it, i can kill balverenes in 2-3 hits

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

I love maces.

My favourite weapon in the game is The Royal Scepter (Available on See The Future), which I think is a hammer or mace. Don't know which.

R

R3kt4l Raid3r

The Hammer, hands down. It may be slow but with the right Augments it can be the best Melee weapon in the entire Game.

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

its between the axe and katana

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Katana.

Milycious

Fabled Pirate
Reaction score

Ahah lol ^^
Thought majority would vote hammer and longsword, but no, Katana, just like me. Good looking, FAST, and good power. Make it extra juicy with high quality augments. Dyeah djeah yeah!

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Longsword - This is a nice well balanced weapon, but it isn't long enough and it doesn't do a lot of damage.
Cutlass - It's basically just the same as the longsword.
Axe - It's nice, long, and awesome. My second choice with no hesitation.
Hammer - Strong, but they're too slow to hit with.
Cleaver - Pretty awesome, but it's too short and it's flourish isn't very good.
Katana - It's fast, but it's too weak and it is hardly any different to the other swords except it is weaker =/
Maces - I think it's a good balance. It's strong, good flourish attack, and I can attack pretty fast with it. It's certianly the best for me.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

I think that you should either focus on slow but powerful (good flourishes) attacks (hammers) or quick and well performed but not always damaging attacks (katanas). My personal favourite is katanas. In comparison to other blades, the katana only does very slightly less damage but it's attack speed is fast (it is also more expensive which suggests quality there) and it's good for chain attacks and easy to use when it comes to counters because of the quick reaction thing which actually makes the less damaging aspect of it a lot less bad.

With heavy weapons, although you can kill instantly with a counter (no need to spin them round first), I've actually experimented with them and found that I could only do counters with the light weapons; the heavy ones were just too slow to time right, so, go for katanas. In fact, the best legendary sword in the game is a katana.

X

xdeathlessxone

master axe hands down, i didnt think so until recently but i got one with 4 augment slots, it does 99 damage and put the renewal augment, divine luck augment, flame resistant augment, and mighty oak augment, not only can i kill balverines and will using hollowmen with 2 flourish hits but every hit drains theyre health and gives it to me, its pretty much impossible to get knocked out, i love the knothole island shop

E

El Desperado

I like Katana, especially the Daichi. Maybe its only that weapon (i haven't tried out other katanas yet)
but other than that im stuck between Hammer and those stick thingys(Staff of Wrath/Royal Scepter) Whatever classification they are.

Varlin

The Usurper
Reaction score

Knothole Island Master Katana (four augment slots) with Ghoul, Its Not Luck, Beauty and the Beast and Stoneskin. You never need a potion or job again.

If we are talking legendary weps, though, you can't go wrong with the Daichi.

arachnophilia

Reaction score

i generally go for katanas. i like the speed in a melee weapon, even at the cost of damage.

Varlin;299955 said:
Knothole Island Master Katana (four augment slots) with Ghoul, Its Not Luck, Beauty and the Beast and Stoneskin. You never need a potion or job again.

you can do better on the augments. if you go:

• luck and life
  • skill and beauty
you'd already covered most of the effects on your list. then add two are your discretion. i like:

• flame
  • killerwatt
but there might be good reasons for picking other things, like divine favour. also, instead of luck and life, on your ranged, put mighty oak. the armor effect carries over.

anyways. makes the daichi look like a butter knife. good stuff.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

The Daichi rules over all other melee weapons (this is actually statistic too) and it's a katana. Katanas are good IMO.

M

Manguy17

katana, until i can take the time to make a good wep myself

Varlin

The Usurper
Reaction score

arachnophilia;300585 said:
i generally go for katanas. i like the speed in a melee weapon, even at the cost of damage.

you can do better on the augments. if you go:

• luck and life
  • skill and beauty
you'd already covered most of the effects on your list. then add two are your discretion. i like:

• flame
  • killerwatt
but there might be good reasons for picking other things, like divine favour. also, instead of luck and life, on your ranged, put mighty oak. the armor effect carries over.

anyways. makes the daichi look like a butter knife. good stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions. ha, it owns so much more now.

Ceh913

Reaction score

I put the hammer, cuz wen u hit civilians they just go flying, and its funny:D