• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Borderlands 2 Review Roundup

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Borderlands-2-Hands-On-Preview-E3-2012.jpg
All the latest scores and links to the reviews for Gearbox's highly anticipated looter shooter with plenty of guns Borderlands 2....
Games Master UK - 9.5/10
I will update list if I spot any more...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I can't wait.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Had mine preordered for some time, hoping it gets here for release. Hasnt been despatched yet so heres hoping...

The first took me by surprise as to how good it was as friends recommended it to me but im really looking forward to the sequel from Day One.

*EDIT Updated first post with launch trailer.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Mine's already shipped from the retailer.

I might get it one day early, like with Guild Wars II.

They're getting sloppy with the release dates, but since it works in my favour I can forgive them.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
I have to play borderlands first *waits to be pelted*
But it seems like a really good game and a few people have recommended it to me. Unfortunately i already have so many games i wish to play already D: Im oddly drawn to that Katherine one but that's mostly to fill the gap before persona 5 *fan gasp*
i better stop there before i get too off topic :s

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have to play borderlands first *waits to be pelted*
But it seems like a really good game and a few people have recommended it to me. Unfortunately i already have so many games i wish to play already D: Im oddly drawn to that Katherine one but that's mostly to fill the gap before persona 5 *fan gasp*
i better stop there before i get too off topic :s

Dont need to have played the first to appreciate the sequel really, of course there are characters you wont be as attached to in the sequel and some 'nods' to original but wouldnt say it was fully neccessary to have played the first. Bridges a gap between shooters and RPG looter titles as well as being a great co-op experience.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Dont need to have played the first to appreciate the sequel really, of course there are characters you wont be as attached to in the sequel and some 'nods' to original but wouldnt say it was fully neccessary to have played the first. Bridges a gap between shooters and RPG looter titles as well as being a great co-op experience.

With a game like borderlands id like to enjoy the whole gaming experience even if its playing the first one from start to finish. The only problem i have is that its a first person shooter :s

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
With a game like borderlands id like to enjoy the whole gaming experience even if its playing the first one from start to finish. The only problem i have is that its a first person shooter :s

Yeah its essentially an FPS but not a typical one, more steered towards the RPG stats and statistics side of things with unlockable abilities and plenty of things to loot.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
Yeah its essentially an FPS but not a typical one, more steered towards the RPG stats and statistics side of things with unlockable abilities and plenty of things to loot.

Every time i play FPS i get Vietnam flashbacks of call of duty and that did not end well
Aha, you guys will love this. Was talking to my room mate and he said that borderlands gets boring :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Every time i play FPS i get Vietnam flashbacks of call of duty and that did not end well
Aha, you guys will love this. Was talking to my room mate and he said that borderlands gets boring :p

It can on your own, but with friends in co-op its a whole different ballgame. Levelling and looting on your own can feel a little too grinding sometimes but with friends its a blast. Personally for an FPS style game to take between 30 and 60 hours to complete its rather admirable and more steered towards RPG length. Rather than 6 hours like the bog standard CoD titles etc but like I said Borderlands isnt a run of the mill FPS its an RPG/FPS. Read through some of the reviews above and see what they are all saying about it.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I've gotten to level 11. It's pretty spectacular, but I wish desperately the minimap was a tad bigger.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
So far, loving the game. Love the graphics, love the dialogue, love the goddamn guns, love Maya's phaselock. Can't wait to have a game going with some friends.

Actually, this game is considered an RPG with FPS elements. :p

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Im loving the game so far. It seems that just about everything has improved over the first game. The locations are stunning, the enemies are callenging and varried. The guns look awesome and just about every one I come accross is decent. Im level 16 and green and blue level guns are actually somewhat rare and satisfying, whereas in the last game they where common and junk. The missions are varried, some even failable, and so far every bit of dialog has been voiced, and the voices are varried too! This game fails to disapoint, I love it!

I only have one minor grivence, and that is the menues. Im not a fan of the slightly sideways look, I prefered the old ones where everything was flat and simple. I prefer the old backpack layout as well, but thats easily ignored.

Oh, and the guns. I could go on and on about the guns... :wub:

My shotgun talks to me.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
...... shut up :p
Im pretty much convinced to at least try it but it'll have to take a back seat for now :/

You could watch like a bit of the starting on youtube or something? That might help you decide if you want to try it without spoiling too much.

Oh, and the guns. I could go on and on about the guns... :wub:

Have you found any purple or better weapons yet? I'm level 20 and I still haven't found one. I remember back in the first game, I was level 11 when I found my first purple shock revolver.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Have you found any purple or better weapons yet? I'm level 20 and I still haven't found one. I remember back in the first game, I was level 11 when I found my first purple shock revolver.

Yes, two in fact. But one was in the premier club bonus chest. I got an orange shield off a mission and an orange gun from a boss aswell.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Yes, two in fact. But one was in the premier club bonus chest. I got an orange shield off a mission and an orange gun from a boss aswell.

I'm not touching that bonus chest till I get to level 25, at least. They said the higher your level, the better the stuff in the chest.
I think I have a purple shield as well... Not seen any orange items yet. May just be my luck. Oh, have you seen any cursed weapons, yet?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What characters did everyone decide to go for?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
What characters did everyone decide to go for?

I'm playing as a Controller Maya. Love her phaselock too much to get a turret or an extra gun. When my friends get their hands on the game, I'll be playing a Harmony Maya.