• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Brightwood Tower. *ROFL*

Soldier By Name

Expert door-kicker-downer
Reaction score
Brightwood Tower. *ROFL*

Ok so has anyone else bought this thing yet? lol. Don't click the spoiler if you're gonna get ****ed. This isn't game altering but it is a spoiler and a hilarious piece of the game.

When you buy it Garth leaves a note for you saying that there have been lots of Old Kingdom items that have been curious to him, but he never expected a personality from one, it seems the bed upstairs leads you to an alternate dimension or pocket dimension where *ahem* Chesty, the evil chest lives, and he wants you to be his "super bestest friend". This has to be a nod at Portal. It's a rather disturbing quest, as you're reverted to being a child during this one, and I had so much fun blasting baddies as a kid with My Enforcer. lol. You get a large sum of cash and a diamond directly from Chesty's heart, seeing as you don't want to be his "friend". lol.

C

countrychris369

Re: Brightwqood Tower. *ROFL*

yea

i sold the siamond for an additional 100k ^^

Soldier By Name

Expert door-kicker-downer
Reaction score

Ha. Wow I hadn't sold the diamond yet.

There is also a gem that you get from the Graveyard Mansion quest after you kill a bunch of undead worth about 43k.

D

dvpepsiman

yeah i love the trophy called "son of chesty" lol

C

countrychris369

yea i have that still
i was planning on selling that Gem but i never got around to it

G

gdude987654321

yeah it was cool being a kid... i also had the enforcer... i thought it was kinda freaky though... i kept thinking "chesty" was going to come to life when i tried to open him and fight me...

S

shamernick

I love chesty, I think this quest is one of the best parts of the game :)

D

dreanders

poor chesty gets his heart broken just cause u dont wanna be his super bestest friend.

D

death606

i also love this quest chesty is still my super bestest friend even though i have a part of his heart >.>

M

MayorJoe

yea that quest reminded me of portal sooo much. like chesty was ur companion cube or sumthing. too bad there's no cake at the end of the quest

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score
Re: Brightwood Tower. *ROFL*

I KNOW THAT QUEST WAS EPICLY FUNNY. O.k thats enough caps lock for me! I loved the way sparrow looked with the daichi and giles's blunderbuss

E

EaStSiDe SoUlJa

haha,i liked that quest.was weird though,especially the fact that i was a kid and i had the Hammerthyst,so my weapon was like 3 times the size of me :p

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i just love chesty's personality.

A

Anthony

Lol The Daichi was ten times bigger than the kid :p

XCRmonger

Reaction score

How much is that thing? I bring in $6k each day from my properties... I own almost everything now... But I've been saving up for the castle. So how much is the tower?

D

Drijfhout

I've had a usefull glitch with the...
...chesty quest.

I finished it, then i did save and quit.
The next time i started up fable 2 i noticed that i could still do the chesty quest.

My first thought was,.. mm.. maybe a saving error? but no.
I still had the son of chesty and the expensive diamond.

So i did the quest another time, and now i have 2 x son of chesty and 2 x that pricy diamond :)

G

gumgangsta12

ya i bought it and slept their and im like why am i a kid again.

I

inblo0m

I just finished the main questline and when i re-visited brightwood tower i discovered i could visit chesty again and get another diamond... weird