• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can't play WoW

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Can't play WoW

Most people play WoW fanatically from the moment they start, but I just...I dunno.I played it for awhile, got a 75 orc hunter, but it's just so...Boring.It's monotonous and repetetive, y'know?But I WANT TO BE ABLE to play, if only to play with my dad or friends, but to me it's the equivalent of staring at a wall.

What's up with that?o_O

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score
Re: Can't play WoW

Well, Kyle (Skotekal) plays, and I might start playing with him. It's much more fun if you have friends to play with, rather than random strangers. :)

William1193

WraithLord
Reaction score

well i completely agree with you i quit on the release date of wrath of the barbie king because my brother quit me and him were a super team together, never needed to group up for group quests, it got so boring raiding on my own :( then my cousin quit and it got long and annoying so i quit, i do not intend to go back unless my brother goes back 2.
i miss my level 70 druid :'(

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I dont want to ever try that game. Knowing my addiction prone personality I'd get sucked into it and never see the light of day agian. Pluss Im to cheap to buy the game, install it, then pay more to keep an account active.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

It takes ye soul, it does.

But it is only really fun if you have friends. And right now I'm powerlevelling. And I suggest you don't do that to spice things up. And EVERY mmorpg is gonna be repetetive and grindtastic, so you either like it or you don't. But you could try getting those last 5 levels, and once done do raids n' stuff. Try finding a good raid guild. But if you don't find it fun, then don't play. You'll save yourself 15 bucks a month or so. I just like levelling past my friends. Already beating one who had a 45 paladin when I started and now I'm 55 and he's 52. All in all, just try finding something fun to do in it. Hell, pvp now grants experience if you want to do that. But if you can't find anything fun, just save your 14 bucks.

EDIT: Ninja'd. And TJ, if you have an addictive personality... DON'T EVER GET IT. I've been doing nothing but playing it nonstop. I have accomplished nothing in the past week. Except 15 levels. Which isn exactly a great achievement. Actually, a sad one. I need a life :(

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Skotekal: I'd totally love to play some with you, dude.I mainly didn't play because I can't handle the stupidity of most people I meet.May just be my server, Good trade, good group finding...But the people are dumber than ****.Srs bzness ppl.

I'm an RTS man, I love to build a huge castle and crush people under my foot.There's a certain satisfaction in hearing the catapults launching, the archer's arrows peircing armor, and hearing the death cry of their king.BUUUUT, I like RPG and FPS too.Hate racing and SPorts games though.If i'm gunna play a sport, it's the real thing.
I'd totally get back into WoW just to play with Forum members.That would be totally RADICAL BROOOOO.Man, I was stoked when I caught that tasty barrel.DAMNIT there I go again with the random.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

If I get to 70 without WOTLK, I'll probably make a new character or something on your server.

And I know where your coming from. People talk like idiots all the time. I had someone follow me once saying "kings" for 10 minutes before I finally he realized he wanted blessing of kings. Is that really that hard to say? I met a somewhat smarter group yesterday. finally got to do an instance because people knew what they were doing and they didn't talk like morons. Worked well. And for once, a competent healer came along. Those are freakin' RARE.

Hell, today after a level or 2 I should pvping in Arathi Basin. Paladins are freakin' overpowered. I killed a 58 Death Knight at level 51 with no help. What a burn to your rep. :lol:

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

I went power kiting with my uncle and his friend the other day; my uncles' friend is a WoW fanatic.

Got to talking with him and he told me that if I'm the kind of person that gets addicted to smoking after a year of having 20 cigarettes a day, I'd get addicted to World of Warcraft after 3 hours of gameplay.

That sounds pretty scary. :unsure:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

It is true. It starts off as the "I wonder what I get at the next level..." And ends up turning into "I wonder how hard I can pwn PvPing..."

If you can still live your life while playing lots of it, by all means do, Just I have a large problem with no will power or control. Up until today I've been getting up at 3:00 and falling asleep around 6:00. I got 3 hours of sleep today. Because I play WoW too much. Just avoid that.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Games only recently have caused me trouble (Mass Effect is so sexy...Or rather, Ashley is.Heehee.)

I can usually keep it under wraps, but every once in awhile i'll notice I should have had dinner 6 hours ago.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

RPGing was too addictive to me, I would play WoW, Runescape and Adventure Quest for WAY too many hours, I gave up on PC gaming, mainly because it's more expensive than console gaming and I would have to keep the PC upgraded to play the REALLY fun games, really all I play on the PC anymore is RTS (Admit it, PC RTS pwns console RTS) and Half-Life 2... But I am still addicted to web surfing, I must spend most of my day typing in stuff and researching useless facts about things such as the Borg, Zerg, Combine, The Covenant and listening to free music... WoW addicted me so much, I quit at lvl 22, Forsaken Warlock... FUN

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I once tried it. Made troll hunter (the coolest race in the game) up to level... 10 maybe and then quit... meh, was boring.

Then again, I play Lineage 2, which is pretty much the same grindfest, but I prefer it to WoW.

Firis said:
researching useless facts about things such as the Borg, Zerg, Combine, The Covenant
I do the exact same thing. Sometimes I just sit by the computer for hours reading useless stuff.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;329982 said:
Sometimes I just sit by the computer for hours reading useless stuff.

Dude....I do that all the freakin' time.

Like, did you know that America made the Fortune cookie, not Asia?
AAAAND, Selena gomez (Screw you she's hot) was named after a murdered hispanic pop-star?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Firis;329981 said:
all I play on the PC anymore is RTS (Admit it, PC RTS pwns console RTS)

Lol, aside from getting on WoW to chat it up with Skote, All I do is play RTS on pc (And xbox games too...) I like the stronghold series the most, it's fun, easy for newbies, but challenges you so you're forced to be better, but it's just so freakin addicting.The best Stronghold for me is Stronghold: Crusader.If you see a copy, and don't get it, I will find you, and slap you SO FREAKING HARD.Console RTS is like putting hot sauce in your Banana pudding.You just don't do that.Only one disapointed me, and it was called Stronghold: Mythology or some bs.
It's playable, but crusader is just so much better.Stronghold 2 has a fun story, but there are some things they changed that are wicked, and some that smell of poo and old man fart.

DAMNIT I JUST DOUBLE-POSTED SORRY

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I`ve played one Stronghold game, it was one of the old ones, and I really liked it. I didn`t finish it, though, because I was put off by the fact that my castle walls blew up every time the enemy spawned across the map. It was completely random and frustrating.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I played the original stronghold, I have it in Storage unit, one of my favorites... My top 5 are
5. Lords of the Realm 2
4. Starcraft/Warcraft 3
3. Stronghold
2. Emperor: Battle for Dune
1. Red Alert 2/Tiberian Sun.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Bennykelly

Antagonist
Reaction score

i don't play but from what i've heard raides own!

but idk lol

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Here is my friend doing some raids. I've never done one, according to him they aren't worth it until you are at a level cap for many reasons. Such as wasting your time getting the item you want from it, and then levelling and finding something else and have wasted time. And among other things. He is playing the role of DPS, aswell.

[youtube]4K7mp8FwjGE[/youtube]
[youtube]s8Tucs48L_0[/youtube]

What the hell? Why won't these youtube videos ever work when I post them? Tell me if you can view them.

EDIT: YES! I FINALLY got it to work. I feel much less stupid now.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

Vanilla and TBC were the golden days of WoW. Now this Wrath **** is garbage. Cleared Ulduar the first week it came out (not counting that first day of instance/raid servers being down) on 25man. Downed Yogg-Saron the next week on 25man hard mode.

I hope Blizzard redeems themselves with Cataclysm.

I've been mainly playing Rockband 2 on my PS2 since my account has run out, but I have an old-ass RB guitar that misses roughly 40% of all strums, so I can't even gain any fame on YouTube by FCing stuff. Oh well. At least I can nearly FC Panic Attack on Expert Vocals. ;]