• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Death is not your fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score
Re: Death is not your fate.

Scars are actually kind of cool in my opinion.. I remember purposely getting knocked out in order to find a certain scar. Not a big deal in the slightest for me.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

The Midnight Avenger;411960 said:
Scars are actually kind of cool in my opinion.. I remember purposely getting knocked out in order to find a certain scar. Not a big deal in the slightest for me.
Indeed, I believe I did that a few times as well. Then I lost them all at the end of the game, and I didn't want to try to get them back on the account of all my hero's XP.

I was a bit disappointed upon realizing I had to die in order to get them, but it's better than in Fable 1 where everybody's hero looked like they had been lashed on the face sixty times.

Lithary

Reaction score

No dying?
Oh well... I just hope I don't get one of those nasty scar -.-
I mean... scars?
WTF?
I'm full of scars in my real life and it doesn't bother me, why it should bother me in game... and especially on my weapon... I'll just get a new one...
I'm a HC player and few scars that are under my clothes won't be a bother to me and making a new weapon if I don't like an old one is not a big of a deal...
I mean... in Diablo 2 I made a new character every week (even though I had a favorite :p)
TES has best dying system... if you die load from your last save... end of story...

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Wasabi;411754 said:
Also, I didn't direct that last comment at anyone. I was just saying- if your complaint IS the game, don't play it. I think that's something that everyone can agree on.
Its not that simple. I love fable, its just not as promised two times now, and his last promise was that it is finally that dreamy game of his.

Recycled Human;411756 said:
America is a greedy business, but the founders intended it as such. The french Revolution and the industrial revolution revealed people for what they were. Selfish. So instead of working against that greed and forcing people to work together (against their instincts) or doing what all the previous governments had done by skimming the top for themselves(in spite of their instincts), the forefathers developed a system fueled by greed. Lionhead isn't working against the gaming community, quite the contrary they are trying to build it back up. Games should be a worldwide phenomenon, something that everyone does and that's where core gamers will find their niche, right in the middle of the casual gamers.

Games have evolved to encompass everyone, would you really want to isolate yourself from the vast majority with a game that's unplayable to all but the top elite?

As for the difficulty, shouldn't this fall squarely on the core gaming communities shoulders? Self imposed challenges validated by the community. Games like demons souls, now I'm really into hard games but seriously that game was almost unplayable. I'd rather have an easy game that I could make hard and when the going gets rough I could hulk through it to let out my frustration.

Edit : day late and a dollar short, but at least everyones gotta recognize 'mess with rh and he'll drop a novel on yo' ***
:cool: Nicely played. So you really think that Lionhead is doing the gaming community a favor? I guess, as long as their game is unlike anyother, its a contribution.

ciller;411937 said:
what they should do is when u dye u go to an after life depending on ur aliment were u have to do a quest (hard) to spawn back to were u died other wise u have to star from begining or checkpoint of quest or u just start from ur home rebel camp if there are any or castle sorry proble just out side the escape caves
Hmm, interesting, multiple options like Torchlight could work.

POOP;411952 said:
I don't like the death system either, but you know that when you die, you can just load the game? Just pretend it's like any other game and reload it. Makes sense, right?
I guess you can, but I would feel like I'm cheating. I am purposely avoiding a built in game feature, and thats just... wrong to me.

POOP;411966 said:
Indeed, I believe I did that a few times as well. Then I lost them all at the end of the game, and I didn't want to try to get them back on the account of all my hero's XP.

I was a bit disappointed upon realizing I had to die in order to get them, but it's better than in Fable 1 where everybody's hero looked like they had been lashed on the face sixty times.
Not when you play through the game with the magic shield on the whole time ^_^ hehehe..

Lithary;411991 said:
No dying?
Oh well... I just hope I don't get one of those nasty scar -.-
I mean... scars?
WTF?
I'm full of scars in my real life and it doesn't bother me, why it should bother me in game... and especially on my weapon... I'll just get a new one...
I'm a HC player and few scars that are under my clothes won't be a bother to me and making a new weapon if I don't like an old one is not a big of a deal...
I mean... in Diablo 2 I made a new character every week (even though I had a favorite :p)
TES has best dying system... if you die load from your last save... end of story...
Thats what I'm saying, Scars are the ****tiest consequence in a game. What the hell does it do besides make you look like someone no one wants to mess with.. Now scars in real life can get iffy.

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Here's an example of a hard core playthrough : no potions, no food, little to no strength experience and no KO/Resurrection Vials. These are all measurable through the use of the in game orbs menu where you can view other gamers stats.

-No Potions or Food means you are relying on beds (specifically miracle manor) for healing and you cant arbitrarily boost your HP or EXP
-Limited Strength means you now have to use green experience points for toughness and have to deal with the strategic need for another vital skill or a rank in toughness
-Finally, you can't die or get knocked out

I think that's a substantial challenge for any hard core gamer and its quantifiable.

Note : This is just an example

Scars are indeed a weak form of punishment, at best they provide a momentary nuisance that disfigures your otherwise perfectly formed character. Which is why I say this should be a community based thing.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

scars can be sexy and if you're a bond villain mandatory!

Wasabi

Cant play Fable 3 till Dec.
Reaction score

Shadow Knight;412033 said:
Its not that simple. I love fable, its just not as promised two times now, and his last promise was that it is finally that dreamy game of his.

True, what I should have said if you're going to come on here screaming "**** casual gamers" then you should not play. Haha!

The system's fine with me. If I want things to be harder, I usually just someone to co-op with me while fighting a troll.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

My grandma could play Fable II and not die, and she doesn't even know what the word 'Gamer' means

Why not make different difficulties?

Or just make the game a lot harder, I mean. I don't know any "casual gamers" who bought Fable II, or are considering Fable III as an option.

Fable III for casual gamers? swing and a miss!!!

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;412073 said:
My grandma could play Fable II and not die, and she doesn't even know what the word 'Gamer' means

Or just make the game a lot harder, I mean. I don't know any "casual gamers" who bought Fable II, or are considering Fable III as an option.

Fable III will be mostly an action game, however it will still be RPG in some parts therefore a difficulty setting wouldn't be a good idea. I have heard often from the Lionhead Community Forums (at least from the developers) that fighting will be more a challenge in Fable III. Hopefully, it won't be easy as Fable II.

However, there are many people that have difficulty in fighting in Fable II (or at Fable - The Lost Chapters).

Reaction score

Well hey now people out there, we're all 'gamers' nonetheless! Let's do our best to keep the beef down on one another. x3

This thread gave me an idea. What if they made Fable with 'levels' you choose from at the beginning of the game? Hard, medium, etc.

(Sorry if that's been suggested before)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Wasted in Wonderland;412079 said:
Well hey now people out there, we're all 'gamers' nonetheless! Let's do our best to keep the beef down on one another. x3

This thread gave me an idea. What if they made Fable with 'levels' you choose from at the beginning of the game? Hard, medium, etc.

(Sorry if that's been suggested before)

This has been suggested many times. However, I believe (as I said above) that such system doesn't fit in Fable. The game is changeling itself and this time it will be even more changeling.

We can't know if the game will be easy as Fable II. I'm sure, this time things will be more difficult.

Reaction score

Wasabi;412071 said:
The system's fine with me. If I want things to be harder, I usually just someone to co-op with me while fighting a troll.

Hahaha! So true. I hate co-op when fighting trolls. It's too hard to aim when your partner is running around like a looney and jerking the screen over.

DarkONI;412080 said:
This has been suggested many times. However, I believe (as I said above) that such system doesn't fit in Fable. The game is changeling itself and this time it will be even more changeling.

We can't know if the game will be easy as Fable II. I'm sure, this time things will be more difficult.

Blast. Sorry about that D:

I agree with you, though. I guess it could work, but it would take away from that Fable magic. I guess it would add to a 'rigged' feel? Or something.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Wasted in Wonderland;412084 said:

Hahaha! So true. I hate co-op when fighting trolls. It's too hard to aim when your partner is running around like a looney and jerking the screen over.
In Fable III the co-op system has been worked on for a better co-op experience. Divided screens and you can be far away from your partner, though you have to be in the same region.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Wasabi;412071 said:
True, what I should have said if you're going to come on here screaming "**** casual gamers" then you should not play. Haha!

Good thing you don't get to decide for me huh, haha. :D

SimonKalevra;412073 said:

You sir, are someone I agree with!

DarkONI;412080 said:

Diablo 2 was an action game/rpg that worked well with difficulty settings. Why I think it would work if implemented similarly into Fable 3. Select the difficulty before you join the world, people that join your world are bound by the difficulty you selected. You can of course switch them around and such.

But how can you not agree being able to make a game harder won't work? It adds more playability even.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Shadow Knight;412090 said:
But how can you not agree being able to make a game harder won't work? It adds more playability even.

Diablo II was more headed to a RPG style. Plus Fable has way long differences from Diablo's style. I'm not saying that I don't want the game to be harder, I'm sure that the game will be harder this time.

Changing a few more health points of a creature or just making them slash harder on your hero, doesn't add playability, just an excuse to make the game longer when it comes in Fable it won't make it changeling, at least in my opinion.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

As long as Co-op is as you said: Split Screen in the same region, I'm honestly fine with whatever. That's been my biggest concern especially when my brother and I have conflicting goals.

Me: I need to by a new flintlock, Let's go.

Him: I want to Fireball the villagers though! *Throws a fireball through the window of my house*

Me: Damnit! Why in my house!?

*He's gone and my house is completely vandalized.*

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

DarkONI;412098 said:
Diablo II was more headed to a RPG style. Plus Fable has way long differences from Diablo's style. I'm not saying that I don't want the game to be harder, I'm sure that the game will be harder this time.

Changing a few more health points of a creature or just making them slash harder on your hero, doesn't add playability, just an excuse to make the game longer when it comes in Fable it won't make it changeling, at least in my opinion.

I know what you're saying, trust me. But if you take more damage, you have to play better, dodge more, use more potions, find better armor/weapons earlier. It adds more depth into gameplay. And you could even go so far as to allow better equipment, with lower restrictions on higher settings.

Also, changeling? you mean challenging?

Recycled Human

Reaction score

Autofix probably.

I would have loved the added boon of changing difficulty. A manufactured difficulty level is at least beatable (hopefully) and I tend to be a very persistent gamer with a high threshhold for patience. But in a game that combat shares in the game's time with building relationships, dealing with the economy and managing time between quests, family and time sensitive missions...I guess the ease of gameplay never seemed that big a deal.

In my opinion the fact that my character will always look different from yours is worth more to me than an achievement that only 10% of gamers have.

And that's what increased difficulty represents to me : a slightly bigger prick on my e-****.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Shadow Knight;412124 said:
I know what you're saying, trust me. But if you take more damage, you have to play better, dodge more, use more potions, find better armor/weapons earlier. It adds more depth into gameplay. And you could even go so far as to allow better equipment, with lower restrictions on higher settings.

Also, changeling? you mean challenging?
What he said :lol:

Doesn't matter if it's an action RPG, BioShock is sort of an action RPG, and you can change the difficulty :)

Why not implement it? Casual gamers can just pick the easiest difficulty there is, while I continue to kick villian butt as a hero to the downtrodden - magic poop, anyone? :ninja:

Ezio

Reaction score

Death system? What death system? If you're a good player, and pay your fines then you won't die.

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.