• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Depression

H

HomgCharlie

Depression

is anyone else on this forums or just me​

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score
Re: Depression

Cheer up emo kid.

H

HomgCharlie

im not emo its because of stuff i dont want to mention over the net

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

That begs the question, why bring it up, emo kid?

H

HomgCharlie

it was a simple question has anyone on here suffered with deppresion, fellow ME player

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Fair enough.
I suffer from depression, blah blah, I keep my real life feelings in real life, and online I just act as much like a tool as I can.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

yes, I have depression. not over some spicific event, but real depression. the seritonen (sp?) levels in my brain are naturally low so I have to take meds to get it up to normal levels. seritonen is the chemical in your brain that makes you feel happy, and sometimes after feeling down for a while it sort of gets "stuck on low".

its a real pain in the ass, especially right now when Im having troble getting my "happy pills" due to lack of a job and therefor, health insurance. lacking my medication makes getting up the energy to actually go out and fix my problems extreamly difficult cuz I naturally feel like crap for no reason. and of corse this situation just makes it worse. kind of a double wammy, but Il manage I guess.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Is Depression where you Hate/Dislike your life? Or things that have happened?

Because, I get really sad sometimes, But i dont get sad where I hate everything around me, I get sad because I lost someone I really Loved. So that would not be depression, Right?

And If you're going to bring up depression subject, we're going to want to know what for.. so.. Spill the beans. :D

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;308943 said:
Is Depression where you Hate/Dislike your life? Or things that have happened?

Because, I get really sad sometimes, But i dont get sad where I hate everything around me, I get sad because I lost someone I really Loved. So that would not be depression, Right?

And If you're going to bring up depression subject, we're going to want to know what for.. so.. Spill the beans. :D
Depression can be classified as a severely low attitude, IE lack of motivation, low self esteem, trouble in finding pleasure or joy in most/any activities, it can be short term or long term.
Hating/disliking your life 'could' be depression, but when linked normally begins suicidal thoughts, so you probably aren't depressed.

Getting sad because you lose someone you love, through death or other means is a type of depression, but normally a very short term kind.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

^ Ooo I see, Thank you for the insightful information. Yeah Well Im very motivated at what I like doing.. and Enjoy almost anything and get along with people annnnnd I feel good about myself. So I do not think I am depressed at all, Which is a good sign. :D

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

Ithan;308944 said:
Depression can be classified as a severely low attitude, IE lack of motivation, low self esteem, trouble in finding pleasure or joy in most/any activities, it can be short term or long term.
Hating/disliking your life 'could' be depression, but when linked normally begins suicidal thoughts, so you probably aren't depressed.

Getting sad because you lose someone you love, through death or other means is a type of depression, but normally a very short term kind.

i have 2 out of those 4 symptoms...does that make me depressed or semi-depressed?

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

So pretty much if you get Depressed you start turning into a big depressing snowball thats rolling down a hill and everything that happens to the Depresseing Snowball it picks up more depressint (If its a word) crap and you get big and bigger.. And so fourth.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I talk to myself, like, Outloud, And I act like a comedian and tell stories and the worst part is, is that I laugh. I dont know what to think, Then i speak to myself about speaking to myself. Its weird, Then I look around and think about the world and Why im here and so fourth, I do this everyday and I've been doing it for years and years.

Probably a good thing.. :D

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

There are two basic types of depression, big and little/long term and short term. Short term would be because of something happening (breakup, death, accident, and so on), whereas long term is a medical condition. long term is caused by the lack of the chemical I desribed earlyer.

long term depression can be caused by short term, like in my case a bunch of crap happened to me about 3 years ago and although I am compleatly over those events the effects of depression never wore off. I have recovered quite a bit and it will eventually go away when my brain starts producing seritonen at full capacity again. mostly I just feel unmotivated and apathetic to most things. I also sleep way to mutch, which is annoying. it causes me to be up all night and asleep all day (like right now for example). basicly, on average I sleep for about 14 hours and am awake for 12. if you do the math you will see that my sleep cycle is all over the place. pluss every once in a while I get exceptionaly tired for no reason and sleep 16+ hours. if that sounds fun, trust me its not. its annoying and most of the time boring as hell cuz there is nothing mutch to do at night.

but as far as hateing myself of feeling suicidal, Iv never had that.

edit- holy crap ninjad x5 :lol:

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

I remember when I had a messed up Sleeping cycle, Your clock just spins upside down and looses al its nuts and cogs. Its really bad, I hated it.

Glad you recovered though, TJ.

H

Hexen_Harlot

You're not depressed unless your doctor recognises it as a serious condition. My mother's been on antidepressants for thirteen years... SHE'S depressed. It seriously ****es me off when emos whine about it. Not directed at anyone here, just generally.

H

Hexen_Harlot

I slapped my friend for saying she was depressed when she was just being silly lol. She whined even more after that.
Man, I'm SO glkad school's over and I don;t have to see those people any more.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I don't think I'm depressed proper, but every now and then I feel really bad about myself. I think about suicide and stuff. Then I come out of it and the world is fine again.

H

Hexen_Harlot

That's what drugs are for :p
Jk jk
That's what Morrowind is for.