• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Depression

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Depression

Yeah one time I was out on My Outdoor crap That i do and We were gonig to abseil down into this 200m drop cave but in the end we couldnt because the water levels in the cave were rising. Anyway, We went to check out the hole. (Harwoods hole) And When we were there I was scared that I was going to Jump off, Not fall off, Jump off! I had this feeling like It didnt matter and I should just jump off so I backed away slowly. Scared myself for a moment then.

H

Hexen_Harlot

Oh, I nearly drowned myself int he bath cos of something like that lol

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;308950 said:
I talk to myself, like, Outloud, And I act like a comedian and tell stories and the worst part is, is that I laugh. I dont know what to think, Then i speak to myself about speaking to myself. Its weird, Then I look around and think about the world and Why im here and so fourth, I do this everyday and I've been doing it for years and years.

Probably a good thing.. :D

Probably a good way to relieve stress. And a good acting practice. :lol:

Lore

Ragged Wanderer
Reaction score

I was depressed between 17-20.

Mainly because I didn't understand why the world was so cruel. I have been told that I care about things too much and I ask too many deep questions and think too much thats why I got depressed.

I was upset because of government issues, history, all the killing around the world. Hate, racism etc. I didn't understand why people in my neighbourhood were tyring to kill me and my friends. I didn't understand why everyone pressured me to lose my virginity when I was 16.

I was worried that Christianity might be the wrong religion and that I would end up in hell no matter what I did because we are all born to sin anyway and you never know what is really the truth.

I was also depressed because my sister got raped and a few major break ups.

I don't get depressed now because I have accepted that the world is fckd up and I try not to think about it. That always helps.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ignorance is bliss.

If you go about worring about everything, you'll most certainly turn emo. Which is why I only extend my area of "care influence" to my immediate vicinity and loved ones.

I once did feel bad about a hedgehog that had gotten roadkilled, but that made me curl up in a corner and rock back and forth for a couple of hours.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Lore;309040 said:
I was depressed between 17-20.

Mainly because I didn't understand why the world was so cruel. I have been told that I care about things too much and I ask too many deep questions and think too much thats why I got depressed.

I was upset because of government issues, history, all the killing around the world. Hate, racism etc. I didn't understand why people in my neighbourhood were tyring to kill me and my friends. I didn't understand why everyone pressured me to lose my virginity when I was 16.

I was worried that Christianity might be the wrong religion and that I would end up in hell no matter what I did because we are all born to sin anyway and you never know what is really the truth.

I was also depressed because my sister got raped and a few major break ups.

I don't get depressed now because I have accepted that the world is fckd up and I try not to think about it. That always helps.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you and your sis. Subconsciously we're all racists. Racism will never go away til the very end of humanity. Stay strong, stay alive, perhaps even get rich and powerful enough to make some differences. And make those suckers pay. :lol:

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I don't suffer from despression. Haven't been sad since I was 2 and wanted a pack of Malteasers and my parents wouldn't get my them.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I had postnatal depression for two years and that was very bad and involved a lot of social workers keeping notes on me, a ton of medication and about four different therapy groups per week in order to keep me and the kid in the same house as each other. It was a case of agree to it or have her adopted without my consent.

I agree with Hexen Harlot - people who just whine about feeling a bit sad annoy the hell out of me - depression is much much more than that and requires expert help. I think people are too quick to label themselves as "depressed" when really it's nothing more than hormones or simply a reaction to events which would make anyone feel a bit down in the dumps. Just like people who say they are suffering from "stress" when it's just a case of bad organisation skills on their part.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Post-nata-watchamacall-it....?

And yeah - people seem to confuse being depressed and suffering from depression. Its like feeling ill or being ill, if you ask me.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Post natal depression. Where you have a kid and it makes you proper mental :lol:

About 10% of the UK population of women get it and it can be severe enough to require committal to a mental institution. It has the general symptoms of regular depression but with the added bonus of being a danger to your baby, more often than not. Jessica was put on a social services register for a year for her own protection and I was kept under strict observation for the most part - and lots and lots of anti-psychotic medication.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

That's pretty scary. That means that 10% of all mothers are a potential danger to their newborn. Imagine that in a country where the medical care aint so great...

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

It is scary, to be honest with you. Moreso because of the stigma already attached to mental illness coupled with the fear of being labelled a child abuser of sorts simply because you cannot cope. It's why a lot of people don't get help because there are all these groups loudly shouting their support of children and babies, advocating taking the child away immediately, but barely any groups saying "hey, we understand - let's try and keep your family together and work through this". Most women are terrified their child will be taken forcibly from them when all they need is some support and help.

The help I got was invaluable - without it, I honestly couldn't say what might have happened.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Tsuyu;309045 said:
Ignorance is bliss.

If you go about worring about everything, you'll most certainly turn emo. Which is why I only extend my area of "care influence" to my immediate vicinity and loved ones.

I once did feel bad about a hedgehog that had gotten roadkilled, but that made me curl up in a corner and rock back and forth for a couple of hours.

I thought emo-ness was when you cut your veins with a razor? :ninja:
And Homg, apathy is waaaaay better. You should try it.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I was going to try apathy but in the end I couldn't be bothered

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Angel;309177 said:
I was going to try apathy but in the end I couldn't be bothered

Oh come on!! All you need to do is not care about anything or anyone!

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Joe McBob;309171 said:
I thought emo-ness was when you cut your veins with a razor? :ninja:
And Homg, apathy is waaaaay better. You should try it.

Are you serious?

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Yes. That is how the International Emo Clan was formed!

/joke

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

HomgCharlie;309364 said:
Directed towards Angel:

I like you your one of the more enjoyable moderators in my opinion

Then tell her so in a Visitor Message, or Personal Message? Has nothing to do with the topic at hand, or thread in general.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

HomgCharlie;309364 said:
Directed towards Angel:

I like you your one of the more enjoyable admins in my opinion

What Tsuyu said, and fix'd.